Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm going on a Bitcoin World Tour  (Read 3802 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:36:13 AM

I've been invited to a few places over the past year, and I finally have a good source of income through http://Devtome.com

So I'm finally going to start taking people up on their offers, here are the places I have been invited:

California
New York
Trinidad
Jamaica
Mexico
Chile
China
England (UK)
Australia
Nigeria

So I am going to travel to these places with mining equipment, and I will help get some people in these countries started mining. I will also make a documentary type series showing the beauty of these places, while I spread the word about Bitcoin.

I'm going to start sometime in the next 3 months to 1 year Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:49:02 AM

So you're going around the world to show people the magic of pre-ordering vaporware and waiting around for a year?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:52:00 AM

So you're going around the world to show people the magic of pre-ordering vaporware and waiting around for a year?

No, I'm going to give them GPUs and FPGAs with Rasberry Pis and me and some other people are working on building our own ASIC miners as well as making them solar powered Smiley And we'll share those too when we have them Smiley

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:56:43 AM

Make sure you bring fiat and not just Bitcoins. That's been tried once before: http://www.geekwire.com/2011/bitcoin-befuddles-customs-agents-thwarting-seattle-visit-digital-currency-guru/

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:57:57 AM

Make sure you bring fiat and not just Bitcoins. That's been tried once before: http://www.geekwire.com/2011/bitcoin-befuddles-customs-agents-thwarting-seattle-visit-digital-currency-guru/

I would send Bitcoins to people in the other countries to pay them to prepare whatever I need before I get there Smiley

marketermac

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:56:22 AM

I would send Bitcoins to people in the other countries to pay them to prepare whatever I need before I get there Smiley

so did the fellow in that article, and he was still turned back..
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:59:32 AM

so did the fellow in that article, and he was still turned back..

Don't worry, I'll have everything worked out Smiley
I'm planning on getting border guards to WANT me to cross into their country Smiley

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:06:29 AM

New York

Don't worry, me, charlie, and a couple other people have NY changed into a bitcoin paradise, you can skip us.

Well I know people there that need machines.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:08:09 AM

New York

Don't worry, me, charlie, and a couple other people have NY changed into a bitcoin paradise, you can skip us.

Unless they are ASIC's then I doubt they be helpful.

Well your doubts are wrong, people want GPUs and FPGAs.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:24:38 AM

New York

Unless they are ASIC's then I doubt they be helpful.

Well your doubts are wrong, people want GPUs and FPGAs.

But you can't mine bitcoins with those, they will be losing the person money LOL

1. Yes you can
2. I promote various alt coins and can educate them about them as well

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:32:31 AM

1) No
2) But this is the bitcoin world tour, not the altcoin world tour.

1) Yes
2) I don't consider them separate topics.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:50:36 AM

1) Prove it, show some numbers
2) Yes they are separate topics

1) How bout the hundreds if not thousands of people talking about it here for "numbers"
2) They are not separate topics

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 06:00:38 AM

1) Prove it, show some numbers
2) Yes they are separate topics

1) How bout the hundreds if not thousands of people talking about it here for "numbers"
2) They are not separate topics

1) http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ put in the hashing rate, about 600 which is about what 1 gpu gets, and it would take over 1000 days to break even not worth it.

2) Yes they are, which you think alt coins have a sub form, they are based off bitcoins but are totally different from bitcoins.

1a) When you get the GPU free "breaking even" isn't a factor. 1b) FPGAs are a lot faster and more power efficient. 1c) They can mine alt coins and trade for Bitcoins

2) No they aren't, and I will not treat them as separate topics when I travel to educate people. I will be teaching them about CRYPTOCURRENCIES, the most prominent of which is Bitcoin. But it is far from the only part of the entire topic.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 06:31:51 AM

1a) They still need to pay the electric bill, or you going to pay that as well.

1b) FPGA's are only slightly more power efficient, but ASIC is the most power efficient, and FPGA's are still paying for the electric bill.

1c) Yes but you can't mine altcoins with bitcoin FPGA's. While you can do that not the exchange rate isn't going to be far greater where they are making a lot of money maybe a $1 or two more thing big.

2) Then this is the cryptocurrencies world tour, not the bitcoin world tour.

1a) The  mining machine will pay the electric bill
1b) Slightly is plenty, and just because ASICs are best doesn't mean they are the only thing that works
1c) When I mentioned mining Alt coins I meant with GPUs, they could mine bitcoins if they had FPGAs.
2) Bitcoin is a tiny piece of the cryptocurrency puzzle, but it's the most visible one right now. So no.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:42:21 AM

1a) They still need to pay the electric bill, or you going to pay that as well.

1b) FPGA's are only slightly more power efficient, but ASIC is the most power efficient, and FPGA's are still paying for the electric bill.

1c) Yes but you can't mine altcoins with bitcoin FPGA's. While you can do that not the exchange rate isn't going to be far greater where they are making a lot of money maybe a $1 or two more thing big.

2) Then this is the cryptocurrencies world tour, not the bitcoin world tour.

1a) The  mining machine will pay the electric bill
1b) Slightly is plenty, and just because ASICs are best doesn't mean they are the only thing that works
1c) When I mentioned mining Alt coins I meant with GPUs, they could mine bitcoins if they had FPGAs.
2) Bitcoin is a tiny piece of the cryptocurrency puzzle, but it's the most visible one right now. So no.

1a) Yes and only the electric bill THEY ARE NOT PROFITABLE CURRENTLY! Numbers don't lie and I prove it with numbers and you didn't end of thread.

1b) ASIC are the only profitable machine that is how bitcoin works.

1c) No they can't

2) NO it created the crypto currency puzzle, and the 1st and currently the best!

End of thread, no more questions, your dumb and just saying the same thing over and over until I say your right. I proved my view with numbers. So we are done here.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 06:55:42 AM

End of thread, no more questions.

There was never any questions, just you bitching and the threads not over, I haven't even gone to the first place yet. lol

And I'm pretty sure in most of the countries I mentioned, the amount of USD they would make mining would exchange into plenty of profit.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:58:13 AM

End of thread, no more questions.

There was never any questions, just you bitching and the threads not over, I haven't even gone to the first place yet. lol

And I'm pretty sure in most of the countries I mentioned, the amount of USD they would make mining would exchange into plenty of profit.

So your going to go around and spread lies, thanks for doing nothing to the community and spreading lies, THANK YOU SIR.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:08:10 AM

2) Bitcoin is a tiny piece of the cryptocurrency puzzle, but it's the most visible one right now.

A tiny piece?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:14:50 AM

2) Bitcoin is a tiny piece of the cryptocurrency puzzle, but it's the most visible one right now.

A tiny piece?

I love how people are trying to pump and dump alts so hard, a tiny piece LOL finshaggy go do research then come back. Bitcoin made crypto-currencies possible without them no alt coins would be here.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 07:44:51 AM

So your going to go around and spread lies, thanks for doing nothing to the community and spreading lies, THANK YOU SIR.

No, that's what YOU are doing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: