Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS pair of RARE Google Glass for BTC! NONE FOR SALE ANYWHERE!  (Read 9200 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:26:32 PM

some people need it now and are willing to pay that premium. Personally I would be willing to pay 2x or even 3x the normal google glass price to buy it now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evershawn (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:54:40 PM

Um why would anyone buy these for 90k when everyone can just buy them for $1500 in another couple months? Thats like charging $50,000 for an iphone 5s... whats with the price gougers  lately...

Probably because if someone listened to you thinking they could buy them in a couple of months they would be very upset with you in a couple of months.

That's my guess... since you can't buy them for 1,500 in a couple of months....

Also, have you even read the posts here... No one is trying to sell them for 90k. That was a snip from a news article from like a month ago. Pay attention if you want to troll...
I do belive that google said they plan on releaseing it to users at the end of 2013 early 2014. so that is only 6/7 months

Still before BFL ships their much anticipated products. lol Wink

Bahahahaha!  +1
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:59:02 PM

Um why would anyone buy these for 90k when everyone can just buy them for $1500 in another couple months? Thats like charging $50,000 for an iphone 5s... whats with the price gougers  lately...

Probably because if someone listened to you thinking they could buy them in a couple of months they would be very upset with you in a couple of months.

Also, have you even read the posts here... No one is trying to sell them for 90k. That was a snip from a news article from like a month ago. Pay attention if you want to troll...
I do belive that google said they plan on releaseing it to users at the end of 2013 early 2014. so that is only 6/7 months

Unofficially from I/O it's mid 2014, IF you believe companies hit their estimated release days. More realistically I'd expect more 2015 being that release days always get pushed back.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:11:46 PM

Unofficially from I/O it's mid 2014, IF you believe companies hit their estimated release days. More realistically I'd expect more 2015 being that release days always get pushed back.
2015 your crazy,Mid 2014 is the latest. The only company that gets away with pushing back the date 1 year is BFL.

http://www.t3.com/news/google-glass-price-release-date-specs-and-info
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:07:31 PM

2015 your crazy,Mid 2014 is the latest. The only company that gets away with pushing back the date 1 year is BFL.

Google said at last I/O it was mid-2014 currently but I honestly predict with a product this big and innovative that'll continue to get pushed back further. We shall see.
luke.watson

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:25:20 PM

Google said at last I/O it was mid-2014 currently but I honestly predict with a product this big and innovative that'll continue to get pushed back further. We shall see.

Well you're the one who will know how complete and ready they are based on the prototype you have - I assume it's prototype as if they had the glasses ready they would be planning on shipping them soon.

If yours is a prototype I would hold on to it, if it's a fully working model we can assume they'll be ready to ship in the next few months

So tell us, how good are they?
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:52:28 PM

Well you're the one who will know how complete and ready they are based on the prototype you have - I assume it's prototype as if they had the glasses ready they would be planning on shipping them soon.

If yours is a prototype I would hold on to it, if it's a fully working model we can assume they'll be ready to ship in the next few months

So tell us, how good are they?

Yes, they are fun to play with, for sure. Very cool, very futuristic but I can tell that they still need a lot added to them for a retail release, which is why they've just released this small amount of them mostly to developers. The rest from what I can tell were mostly released to celebrities (free marketing) and people with big connections. The average Joe really had a snowballs chance in hell of getting them.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:34:36 AM

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...how do these things work?

this should help
http://www.hulu.com/watch/486603

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:35:02 AM

38 btc, escrow only.
Xrim

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:49:00 AM

Does anyone know if the version out there is the one that they will release in 2014, or is it just a concept piece?
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:18:48 AM

Does anyone know if the version out there is the one that they will release in 2014, or is it just a concept piece?

There will likely be some changes to the final retail version. This is however a fully functioning dev release. It works great.
bozak

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:59:08 PM

Still before BFL ships their much anticipated products. lol Wink

That would be a good contest for one of the BTC prediction markets.  Google glass available for retail purchase or BFL actually shipping ASIC products on a mass scale, which happens first. 
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:42:05 PM

I would love to buy these but I'm too afraid that google will block them  Sad
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:43:11 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 03:54:31 AM by evershawn

I would love to buy these but I'm too afraid that google will block them  Sad

Been moved on to several different Google accounts already with no issues. Been used in different states with no issues. Doesn't seem like there will be any issues.

The only thing I'm not certain what would happen is if you used them outside of the USA. (but you could always use a proxy for that too)

Glass has also already been jailbroken so you could flash linux on to them and use them if Google ever did try to brick them.
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:57:25 AM

Wow 90,000$ is awfully expensive for a pair of glasses.
RavinTavin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

RavinTavin from MyFreeCams

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:20:15 AM

I bid one hug and a high five.

BTC DonationSee Profile Bellow Online Daily 7pm-1am  Eastern Time Zone. USA, times may vary Wink
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/RavinTavin <--- Click! 18+ Only
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:24:30 AM

My 2 year contract for my cellphone had to be renewed. I figured "cool, I know the new iPhone (the 5) just came out, I'll pay the extra for it."

I went to my local AT&T store AND Best Buy. I found out there was a wait list at both, and you had to wait 2-3 months (at both places) to get the phone. You had to WAIT to spend a significant amount of YOUR money.

So I said screw-it, walked back into Best Buy, bought the 4gs. It does everything I need and more.

My point with all this is...everyone wants the newest, coolest thing. I believe patience is the best policy. Later on (not even in near future) you will see lowered prices/a better version of the item (ex: LCD TV's), AND you'll have more time to weigh your decision.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:25:10 AM

I think that was a mock listing...
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 10:38:13 AM

tons of people got them in the twitter contest with low follower counts and un-brilliant ideas.

I know several developers who got them last year at google IO, all you had to do was sign up for the Explorer program and agree to pay the fee, I think it was $1500...

There's not a heck of a lot you can do with Glass as yet; the novelty factor wears off fast... people stop wearing them after a week or two.

That is why they want developers to have them.

So they can turn software like this:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/149623-mit-releases-open-source-software-that-reveals-invisible-motion-and-detail-in-video
http://people.csail.mit.edu/celiu/motionmag/motionmag.html
into real-time structural failure detection and lie-detection micro-expression capturing.

An active mind doesn't get bored.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:03:32 PM

I think that was a mock listing...

It was actually just one of many that got bid up like that. I honestly don't know how they panned out for the sellers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: