Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:08:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need S7 Troubleshooting Help - Will Pay !!  (Read 402 times)
MauiDave (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:36:02 PM

Hi all,

Just bought a used Antminer S7. I was told it probably has a bad board, but he wasn't sure and didn't want to deal with it. For the price, it was worth buying and fixing.

Just set it up, starts up, I can see it on the network and can access the HTML setup page just fine.

So, the red light stays on and it starts beeping after a while. I have one fan running.

In the "Miner Status", the hash rate is 0. I don't see any numbers for the fan, however when I was troubleshooting the other night, I hooked up the fans from one of my S9's and it did see them. The fan I'm using now, I bought from a dealer who says they're totally for Antminers, guaranteed. Not sure, but either way, I don't think THAT would cause the beeping and 0 hash.

So, looking for some help, someone who is knowledgeable and willing to troubleshoot this with me. I will pay for your time if you're an efficient troubleshooter.

email me directly at dave@filmsound.com as well as responding here.

Thanks
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1855

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:58:31 PM

Are those fans 4-wire with about a 2A rating?

Did you configure the pool at all, or are those lines blank?

If it's not an F1 model of S7 you probably do need two functional fans.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
MauiDave (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:51:34 AM

Yes, both 4 pin fans and high speed, was told they were for F9's. All it says is S7 Version 1. That help?
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

Hi all,

Just bought a used Antminer S7. I was told it probably has a bad board, but he wasn't sure and didn't want to deal with it. For the price, it was worth buying and fixing.

Just set it up, starts up, I can see it on the network and can access the HTML setup page just fine.

So, the red light stays on and it starts beeping after a while. I have one fan running.

In the "Miner Status", the hash rate is 0. I don't see any numbers for the fan, however when I was troubleshooting the other night, I hooked up the fans from one of my S9's and it did see them. The fan I'm using now, I bought from a dealer who says they're totally for Antminers, guaranteed. Not sure, but either way, I don't think THAT would cause the beeping and 0 hash.

So, looking for some help, someone who is knowledgeable and willing to troubleshoot this with me. I will pay for your time if you're an efficient troubleshooter.

email me directly at dave@filmsound.com as well as responding here.

Thanks

I would double check your miner pool config.  Without connectivity to the pool, you will get the red light beep.
MauiDave (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:11:49 PM

The pool config is fine, as far as I know, I copy and pasted from my other miners and saw it as one of my miners on the pool.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:10:57 PM

If you are not seeing fan RPM the machine will not hash.

Beeping usually means there is an internet connectivity issue.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
MauiDave (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:56:57 PM

Ok, I've tried a few different fans that, online, say they are for Antminers. The latest, was the Digikey, but none work. The ones on my S9 work on the S7, anyone know where I can get fans that WILL WORK on my S7?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 05:00:55 PM

This is a good one.

Sanyo Denki SAN Ace 120 3.0 Amp 12 Volt 120mm PWM Fan 224 CFM
https://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Denki-SAN-Ace-120mm/dp/B00QWB1X3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505149223&sr=8-1&keywords=sanyo+san+ace+120

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:13:09 PM

Bitmain sells replacement fans.

Go to the Support section and click on the icon for Buy Parts.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170527115856293k3x5Iwc506A3

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:29:37 PM

After shipping cost it is probably going to end up being more expensive to buy the Delta fan from Bitmain than the Sanyo fan from Amazon.

And the shipping time with Bitmain can be pretty long..
Quote from: Bitmain
Shipping within 20 working days after fully paid .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: