Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMD cards] What will you mine after Ethereum ?  (Read 3460 times)
bouldou (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:29:52 PM

Hi guys,

With the next difficulty bomb arriving on September 22nd, our mining rewards will reduce by about 20% (source : https://np.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6ywlxg/update_from_todays_ethereum_core_dev_call_for/)

This will make the Ethereum mining barely profitable... So this is why I create this thread, dedicated to AMD cards : what will you mine after Ethereum ? I have some R9 290 and some RX580, and I'm not sure what I should do...

Zcash ? Monero ? Will you sell your rig ?

Good luck guys  Smiley

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:05:53 AM

Metropolis Byzantium hits testnet on September 18th
Difficulty Bomb on September 22nd will reduce current income by approximately 20%
Metropolis Byzantium go live on October 9th (not a final date, subject to change)
Mining rewards will increase by approximately 23% after Metropolis Byzantium goes live
It looks likely that Chinese Miners and Investors are going to fork Ethereum with the Metropolis Byzantium Update (Ethereum Ice? Icereum?)
Removing the Difficulty Bomb
Leaving Issuance at 5
Never going to POS
Setting max supply to 1billion with a halving at 500m issued (27 years from now?)
Pre-mining 100m coins

Mine that, Icereum  Grin Grin

Lumining

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:42:23 AM

Difficulty Bomb on September 22nd will reduce current income by approximately 20%
Metropolis Byzantium go live on October 9th (not a final date, subject to change)
Mining rewards will increase by approximately 23% after Metropolis Byzantium goes live
It looks likely that Chinese Miners and Investors are going to fork Ethereum with the Metropolis Byzantium Update (Ethereum Ice? Icereum?)
Leaving Issuance at 5
Never going to POS
Setting max supply to 1billion with a halving at 500m issued (27 years from now?)
Pre-mining 100m coins

I only thought about mining Ethereum classic afterweards, but that Icereum thing sounds nice too. I'll do my research about it asap!
You could even start a thread about it in the Ethereum section of the DeepOnion Forum, I'd love to join the discussion over there with the other OnionCommunitymembers.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:45:38 AM

If i go etherum also get icereum?
bouldou (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:28:43 AM

Yeah, this fork looks interesting, but the "Pre-mining 100m coins" thing is way too much...

But we'll see ! who knows ?

Any other idea ?  Smiley

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:39:18 AM

XMR looks appealing as among most contenders for ADM cards, I think it has the most actual real-world usages (shady though some of them may be lol).  I also just starting mining Music with 1 of my 4 6x470 rigs today, but that's a lot more speculative than XMR.  I may end up splitting my 4 rigs after ETH EOL... probably putting 2 on XMR and 2 dual mining either Music/ETC/EXP & DCR. That's still the huge benefit in staying with ETHash algo coin as you can still dual mine a pretty nice 2nd coin like DCR/SIA/LBRY. 

I also hope to get into ZEC & possibly DGB-Skein but clearly need NVidia rig to do that justice. Been thinking about selling off 6 470's to at least partially fund that rig but just really having trouble pulling the trigger on a $750 single gpu when that amount used to get me 4 brand new 470s lol. Mental block I guess but if I can get about $250 each for the 470's, Id only have to invest about $1500 to get a nice 4 x 1080ti rig up and running,
Falmant

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:07:00 AM

Leaving Issuance at 5
Never going to POS
Pre-mining 100m coins

I heard that was not proposed by the Chinese miner, but the developer.
vasilykozlov

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:50:53 AM

I will mine Musicoin
Markistrue

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:51:30 AM

From the very I think ethereum not necessarily will implement the investment system to confirm the transactions made by all users. Because it requires something that is high enough, where it could have caused something that is not appropriate to things that exist. Indeed it could be a possibility, but it would be far better not to panic to continue to struggle and add rigs. If it does happen then there will be a more profitable place, for now zcash, monero does have a good chance. But in the future it will not necessarily be the same as now
frankbuse

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 12:47:39 PM

I allready switched to ETC + Decred mining on my rx580 set a week ago more profitable, but I am also expecting  price ETC to go up this year. ETC+Decred dual mining also gives me 2 decr a month
Kukus

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:34:32 PM

There are also some other Ethash coins handled by AMD cards. ETC is quite good I guess.  And of course Monero which has acceptable profitability at he moment but who knows what happens next...
winniethepool

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:50:51 PM

I already switched to Monero on my AMD rigs. It seems more profitable during these dark days.

Lumining

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:47:12 AM

I already switched to Monero on my AMD rigs. It seems more profitable during these dark days.

Dark days always end. I continue to gather as much ETH as possible because I see the biggest price increase in ETH and not in XMR or ETC.
Hope that one day it will be worth more to have mined only 1 ETH per month instead of any other crypto. But if you sell everything right away because you need the money, I can understand it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:02:48 AM

None of my AMD cards are mining any more as such. Kinda.

I'm making enough on everything else I decided to move them back over to their ORIGINAL intended usage - hammering the Distributed.Net project (though I AM doing that via MooWrapper/BOINC and earning enough Gridcoin to pay their electric cost, or a bit more in the case of the RX series cards and the A10 iGPUs involved).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:15:33 AM

Etherum in future only pos?
bouldou (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:31:52 AM

Dark days always end. I continue to gather as much ETH as possible because I see the biggest price increase in ETH and not in XMR or ETC.
Hope that one day it will be worth more to have mined only 1 ETH per month instead of any other crypto. But if you sell everything right away because you need the money, I can understand it.

I do just like you right now Smiley I hope the future will tell us we are right !

bouldou (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:33:59 AM

Etherum in future only pos?

Read this : https://np.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6ywlxg/update_from_todays_ethereum_core_dev_call_for/

bouldou (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:52:53 PM

Any other ideas guys ? I see there's not many alternatives around here  Embarrassed

ms5

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:06:33 PM

what about Ubiq?
mrreese

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

In CryptoCurrency We trust .

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:21:13 PM

what about Ubiq?

yes what about Ubiq ? anyone try sumokoin too ?

after a little search i think ubiq is more speculative than ethereum, you can get easily 1 or more ubiq per day, but ethereum not, and if the price of ubiq up you can make good benefice
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: