Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 11:33:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Alt coins can I buy directly with Fiat?  (Read 540 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

Apart from ethereum which Alt coins can I buy directly with fiat money especially in £GBP?

Does it work out to be cheaper if I buy bitcoin first to exchange for Alts or is it the same really?
CryptoAlarm

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:11:01 AM

I heard that you can buy OMG using fiat money, not sure about GBP but in USD you can.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:14:02 AM

It's would be best to buy altcoins with bitcoins or ethereums.  Just use Fiat for BTC or ETH and send them to the exchanges which has the altcoins you like.  There's not many altcoins that you can buy direct with Fiat so your choices are very limited. 
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:27:13 AM

To be fair, when you buy with bitcoin you're going to first lose money when you pay a fee to the exchange, then you have to pay transfer fees to move the bitcoin to the exchange you want to, then you're going to lose more again when you pay another fee for exchanging btc -> altcoin. But, when you buy with fiat, you're going to have to worry about your own security when you connect your fiat method to the exchange. As far as a price difference for paying with bitcoin or fiat, it should relatively be the same, with just as much difference as there is when the same coin has several different base markets.

For me, I use coinbase to add USD, then I move my USD with no transfer fee to gdax, buy bitcoin for a relatively low exchange fee, then move my bitcoin to my trading exchange. This method I only lose $2-4 in transfer fees, as the fee to gdax is honestly negligible.

If you're looking for straight fiat -> altcoin, you might be able to find some boards/forums like localbitcoins where there is a system in place for this to happen. As far as I know this is really uncommon and I don't think a lot of places do this.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: