Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:54:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Bitcoin form a freedom fighters army?
Yes - 12 (57.1%)
also Yes - 9 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Bitcoin form a freedom fighters army?  (Read 7766 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:42:44 AM

OP I'd like to help you with this whole army thing but I'm in training to be a libertarian. The first part of my training requires that I be a complete gutless pussy that peacefully protests until I get dragged off by the police. The second phase of my training begins when I graduate from college and find out I can make a shit ton of money then sell-out and join the republican party. So I wouldn't be much help really. Sorry!

bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:34:42 AM

i vote for friendly image of bitcoin, most people still believe governent is good for them so they will not understand why are we fighting. we should be smarter than gov and banks and blow them up from inside.

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 12:46:50 PM

We already are freedom fighters. I'm doing what I'm doing to help liberate us from a tyrannical and sick money system that has caused untold misery in the world for generations.

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:35:42 PM

No, we should work democratically within the Constitutional system to enact positive change. It may be harder than a revolution, but it is the right thing to do.

Flamers: Quote this message and post your long and insulting responses below.  Wink
Is that the best you can troll?

Back in my day, Trolling used to mean something!

I'm not trolling, I am serious. Things may be pretty screwed up, but I still believe in this country (USA).

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:24:39 PM

We already are freedom fighters. I'm doing what I'm doing to help liberate us from a tyrannical and sick money system that has caused untold misery in the world for generations.

hate to bust your bubble but adopting Bitcoin does not do any of that, if anything it is a major contributor to worldwide tyranny. I would even go as far as saying it seals the deal.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:47:50 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 05:35:24 PM by jdbtracker

You missed these:

Jitsi - https://jitsi.org - Encrypting all your online communications in one client (Very nice)

Crypto Cat - https://crypto.cat - Like IRC chat rooms, but all totally encrypted

Project Byzantium - http://project-byzantium.org - Ad hoc mesh networking

On the topic of mesh networking, I think the 1 ingredient that's really missing from replacing the internet is a new wifi spec that supports more range... The OLPC laptops they've been giving out for years already show a decent amount of ad-hoc range but it's clearly not enough to cover a big city without every user online.

Yeah those are good ones, are there anymore useful or interesting ones available?

the specs for a wireless network are tricky, we can get more range using better wireless message protocols, but man, that is some serious work for it to be difficult to detect, I was thinking maybe 4fsk modulation, very effective in obstacle heavy areas. If it's wireless I'll try to do some research.

We all believe in freedom, we simply are experimenting for the rest of the population, can we be more free when we have true control of our money? I can't imagine someone in merchant era europe being denied the use of their gold cause  they don't like the way they think... they'd accept the gold no matter what, things changed recently... money controls, import duties... something that Adam Smith proved was a really bad thing 300 years ago... the industrial revolution happened because of his revolutionary book; The wealth of nations.  How the hell did this happen?

And we can't forget that we are carrying this freedom to everyone that is extremely repressed like in Burma, China, North Korea, Syria, we may very well be giving anyone with a cell phone the right to bypass any government controls imposed on them, Are terrorist, drug dealers using this, or is there the possibility that Freedom Fighters, Doctors and activists are using it to bypass opresive state controls? Observing the adoption of Bitcoin in those countries will be the proof of the effect of true monetary freedom.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:13:51 PM

Yeah those are good ones, are there anymore useful or interesting ones available?

http://steghide.sourceforge.net/

the specs for a wireless network are tricky, we can get more range using better wireless message protocols, but man, that is some serious work for it to be difficult to detect, I was thinking maybe 4fsk modulation, very effective in obstacle heavy areas. If it's wireless I'll try to do some research.

Something along the lines of the above could allow utilization of 'the enemies' resources which will always be healthy and robust and NOT under attack.  But for a realistic way to do long-range wifi:

https://www.usenix.org/conference/nsdi-07/wildnet-design-and-implementation-high-performance-wifi-based-long-distance

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 09:05:20 PM by TippingPoint

http://steghide.sourceforge.net/

Something along the lines of the above could allow utilization of 'the enemies' resources which will always be healthy and robust and NOT under attack.  But for a realistic way to do long-range wifi:

https://www.usenix.org/conference/nsdi-07/wildnet-design-and-implementation-high-performance-wifi-based-long-distance

The primary cost gains arise from the use of low-cost and low-power single-board computers and high-volume low-cost off-the-shelf 802.11 (WiFi) wireless cards using unlicensed spectrum. The nodes are also lightweight and don’t need expensive towers. These networks are very different from the short-range multi-hop urban mesh networks. Unlike mesh networks, which use omnidirectional antennas to cater to short ranges (less than 1–2 km at most), WiLD networks are comprised of point-topoint wireless links that use high-gain directional antennas (e.g. 24 dBi, 8◦ beam-width) with line of sight (LOS) over long distances (10–100 km).
http://static.usenix.org/event/nsdi07/tech/full_papers/patra/patra.pdf

The key factors that distinguish WiLDNet from 2P and the stock 802.11 (WiFi) protocol are:
1. Improving link utilization using bulk acknowledgments
2. Designing TDMA in lossy environments
3. Handling high packet loss rates
4. Application-based parameter configuration
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:29:41 PM

i vote for friendly image of bitcoin, most people still believe governent is good for them so they will not understand why are we fighting. we should be smarter than gov and banks and blow them up from inside.
Very true. If we want a free world, and people who don't understand what freedom is are standing in our way, then we have no choice but to lead by example.

Here here!

It makes me sad for people like tbvcof & PuffPuffPass who are among us but obviously can't see the true beauty in bitcoin.

I'm not trolling, I am serious. Things may be pretty screwed up, but I still believe in this country (USA).
So you actually believe that "working democratically within the Constitutional system to enact positive change" is possible?

You have figured out that the USA (like most other countries) only has a 1-party system, right?

If not, why are you here?

hate to bust your bubble but adopting Bitcoin does not do any of that, if anything it is a major contributor to worldwide tyranny. I would even go as far as saying it seals the deal.
Oh this ought to be good... Let's hear your comedic interpretation of how bitcoin is helping our evil overlords do more evil.  Roll Eyes

Most of your posts to date have tempted me to put you on my ignore list... But this one link has granted you at least 100 more posts of safety. Thank you, it is some good stuff.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:42:30 PM

Most of your posts to date have tempted me to put you on my ignore list... But this one link has granted you at least 100 more posts of safety. Thank you, it is some good stuff.

Ha, ya.  We are ultimately on the same side if/when the shit hits the fan.  But that doesn't mean we cannot have a little fun in the interim Wink

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:47:20 AM

I didn't realize at the time this was another one of your troll threads... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:23:06 AM

I just enjoy it, I realized it a long time ago. lol

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:32:18 AM

Ha, ya.  We are ultimately on the same side if/when the shit hits the fan.  But that doesn't mean we cannot have a little fun in the interim Wink

hope you two enjoy the cancer you get from that all those radio waves.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: