Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] TF2 idling script, 5 USD in BTC  (Read 1559 times)
Barnacle_Ed (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:28:44 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 07:09:23 AM by Barnacle_Ed

As the title says, I've written a small script that completely automates the process of TF2 idling. This will work with any number of accounts and any number of Sandboxie windows; I have tested in across a variety of scenarios across the last few weeks.

Additionally, it will record how long each account has been idling. That way, in the event of a catastrophic failure (ie: power loss, internet loss, keyboard attacked by cat, data center catches on fire, etc) there will be a last saved checkpoint without any guesswork necessary.

There are more features on this, but I'm hesitant to reveal them here since this is not a particularly difficult script to replicate for a halfway-decent programmer...and I'd hate to lose out on a small financial opportunity Smiley

Cost: $5 USD in Bitcoins, which is at current MTGox exchange rates.

What you get:
- The script described above
- A README on how to use it
- A copy of the WTFPL
- All the help, technical support, advice, and updated versions of this script - if any - from yours truly.

F.A.Q

Why are you selling this instead of using it yourself?
I am already using this script myself Smiley However, paying for premium accounts isn't cheap. Especially on a large scale. The TF2 economy is large enough to support a few more idlers than just me and this is a way for me to get a few extra accounts up to premium status on the side.

I idle manually and it works for me. Why would I bother buying your script?
Try idling 200 accounts manually at let me know if it "works for you" Wink

I already have another idling script. Why would I bother buying your script?
You might not need it after all then! As long as your your current script automates everything (including logins) and backs up the current state of your account idling status. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk details about the differences.

Why only $5?
It's enough for me to get an extra premium account. It's also low-cost for any other idlers to jump on this opportunity.

What's to stop me from selling this script myself as soon as I get it? Or giving it away it away for free?
Nothing in particular. Just your own honesty, and the fact that you'll be handing something away for free that you purchased with money. I'll also be putting my contact info and donation addresses in the README and script itself to hopefully avoid anything like this.

Will you accept any other cryptocurrencies?
I will accept the equivalent in DVC or LTC. That's it. None of these strange, new altchains that have been popping up like weeds over the last few weeks.

Thanks for reading all that!
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:41:13 PM

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1161862

BEEP BEP
Barnacle_Ed (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:21:04 AM

a) "Sorry! This thread is hidden from the public gaze!"

b) I refer you to the F.A.Q above:

I already have another idling script. Why would I bother buying your script?
You might not need it after all then! As long as your your current script automates everything (including logins) and backs up the current state of your account idling status. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk details about the differences.

If the script in question at facepunch is the one I think it is, I stumbled onto it when first starting an idling operation. The script I've written now was a direct response to it, since the script I found had several limitations.

- Windows-only, since it makes use of .bat files. TF2 runs on mac and linux boxes as well.
- Requires you to switch between each account manually. Huge no-no when trying to automate things.
- No "logging" knowledge. So if something goes wrong, you have no data on how long the script has been running for when you start it again.

Perhaps you're OK with the above and are willing to live with it since the tutorial is free. I was not, so I wrote my own. I'm sure other users on this forum also are not and it might be worth their 5 bucks for something better.
Barnacle_Ed (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Daily bump.
Barnacle_Ed (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:34:45 PM

Bump.
Barnacle_Ed (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:14:33 PM

Bump.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:54:40 AM

Release it for free for the good of the community.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: