Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 05:44:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ERC20 compatible tokens? Where can i store the airdrop/giveaways tokens?  (Read 775 times)
Sivanandam (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:08:19 AM

Its been a hard task to find a wallet to store the new token that are being airdropped. I am bit confused between token and coin. For an instance i was offer ed free few $FUCK tokens but i wrongly gave my ETH address of my JAXX wallet. i couldnt find my coins there?

How to save the tokens? how it can be traded?

Your help is much appreciated!
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:10:57 AM

Its been a hard task to find a wallet to store the new token that are being airdropped. I am bit confused between token and coin. For an instance i was offer ed free few $FUCK tokens but i wrongly gave my ETH address of my JAXX wallet. i couldnt find my coins there?

you can save it in MyEtherwallet other than MyEtherwallet also you can save it in mist, maybe under my post there are more experts in this wallet field.
Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:13:41 AM

You can store ERC20 compatible tokens in MEW (myetherwallet.com). If you want to see what tokens are already in your ETH address just input your ETH address here https://etherscan.io.
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:46:59 AM

To receive ERC20 compatible tokens you can use myetherwallet. After the token already listed in an exchanger then you can send your token to the exchanger. The step will be the same as sending most well known coins. One important thing, you have to have some eth at your myetherwallet wallet before sending your tokens to other places. It's to pay the fee!
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:36:39 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 09:56:10 AM by cdb1690

ERC20 is a standard describing functions and events each and every token smart contract should implement for compatibility and interoperability purposes. This is necessary, otherwise wallets and other software would have to add custom independent support for every new token created. You can read more here: https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/20.

I am bit confused between token and coin. For an instance i was offer ed free few $FUCK tokens but i wrongly gave my ETH address of my JAXX wallet. i couldnt find my coins there?

I don't think token has any formal definition, but it's most often used to refer to assets created by smart contracts within some blockchain ecosystem. For example, FUCKTOKEN is a token created by the smart contract deployed on Ethereum network. You therefore need Ethereaum wallet to store and use FUCKTOKEN. That said, your wallet program has to know the address of the smart contract used to create a token (and some other things about a token such as its name and decimal places) in order to able to show your balance and use that token for future transaction. Not sure, how JAXX handles all of this as I don't use it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:40:49 AM
Merited by shirackjs (5)

From my understanding, Jaxx wallet support standard ETH wallet and support some of the ERC20 tokens. I believe you have your private key of your ETH wallet, you can view your ERC20 tokens in myetherwallet using your private key. Note: Please don't reveal your private key to anyone. You can access your private key in myetherwallet website. It is a .com website with SSL on the address bar. Don't access the phishing websites.

ERC20 compatible tokens can be stored in myetherwallet. Easy and user friendly wallet. Hopes it help.
BillionsTraders

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:59:47 AM

ERC20 tokens exist on the Ethereum blockchain via smart contracts. Not all wallets support viewing/interacting with them, but wallets are more like address managers than where your crypto actually "goes". The address itself is the real "wallet" in that it holds the funds, and it only has the one public address.

I dont know about jax but If Exodus does not have a seperate wallet for your ERC-20 token (Exodus>Settings>Assets: Show/Hide) you can store the token in Exodus' Ethereum address. However, you will need to save your private key (Exodus>Developer>Assets>Ethereum>Export Private keys) and import this into MyEtherWallet before to able to view these tokens.

You should use the wallet below just visit for a great tutorial

https://www.myetherwallet.com/
DjTremor

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:01:33 AM

Erc20 is a token standard for etherem based assets. You can store them in myetherwallet, mist, parity, metamask ethereum wallets and this would be safe. Some airdrops are not erc20, so you need their specific wallet to store those.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:20:09 AM

Import your private keys if you can and try it on my ether wallet but I don't think it works because all of the ICOs recommend only my ether wallet and warn about this issue but don't worry you have learned it now and airdrop coins aren't valuable likely.

jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 12:43:44 PM

Erc20 is a standard for ethereum based assets / tokens. https://www.myetherwallet.com/ is the best eth wallet to get free airdrop of ERC20 compatible tokens. you have to save your private key of myetherwallet in safe place, if you lost your private key, you cannot recover anything from your wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████