Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best proof of stake deals?  (Read 1933 times)
margana (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:54:52 AM

What are the best proof of stake coins to "mine" and how many do you need?

POS or proof of stakes coin does not require any of those. You can mine even if your pc is turned off but it needs to have some capital because you have to buy some coins that needs to age in your wallet before it can start mining. You just need to join supernodes and you are good. You check see NEM so you can find out how to mine by pos.
neuro-artisan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:04:15 AM

Good question, I'm interested in this myself Smiley
Ethereum after upcoming hard-fork will change their algorithm to PoS and as we know ETH is a strong cryptocurrency, so it can generate good profits over time.
NAVcoin is an interesting idea too.
And of course the more coins you have the bigger % of profit you get.
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:19:07 AM

Good question, I'm interested in this myself Smiley
Ethereum after upcoming hard-fork will change their algorithm to PoS and as we know ETH is a strong cryptocurrency, so it can generate good profits over time.
NAVcoin is an interesting idea too.
And of course the more coins you have the bigger % of profit you get.

When will this happen? Is it guaranteed?  Is it going to be like the bitcoin bitcoin cash fork where you'll end up with some of each?
neuro-artisan

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:58:30 AM

There will be no situation like BTC / BTC Cash split. It actually happened in the past (look at ETH and ETH Classic). They announced that will happen after the planned hard fork later this month.

Finally, the upgrade includes a ‘Difficulty-Bomb’ intended to make mining exponentially more difficult.

The bomb is designed to be an intermediate step in the transition from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS) on the network. This has often been referred to as the ‘Ethereum Ice Age.’
source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-announces-metropolis-hard-fork-coming-late-september
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:23:54 AM

There will be no situation like BTC / BTC Cash split. It actually happened in the past (look at ETH and ETH Classic). They announced that will happen after the planned hard fork later this month.

Finally, the upgrade includes a ‘Difficulty-Bomb’ intended to make mining exponentially more difficult.

The bomb is designed to be an intermediate step in the transition from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS) on the network. This has often been referred to as the ‘Ethereum Ice Age.’
source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-announces-metropolis-hard-fork-coming-late-september

But if you had Ethereum before the fork didn't you end up with both ETH and ETC?  If not, how did they stop that? 
neuro-artisan

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

But if you had Ethereum before the fork didn't you end up with both ETH and ETC?  If not, how did they stop that? 

I'm not quite sure about it. Try to find some archival informations about that if you're interested Wink
I'm sure you will find something
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:35:54 PM

I'm not quite sure about it. Try to find some archival informations about that if you're interested Wink
I'm sure you will find something

Do you know after this hard fork if everybody will end up with two sets of currency?  The article didn't seem to make it clear.
neuro-artisan

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:16:46 AM

As far as I know there will be no split to two different currencies. So if you have X amount of ETH then after hard-fork you will have same amount as before.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:54:03 AM

The "which coins to stake" question has been asked several times already, and there isn't really a one answer-for-all. There's some info out there if you google it, but to date I haven't seen any serious, detailed list unfortunately.
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:35:12 PM

The "which coins to stake" question has been asked several times already, and there isn't really a one answer-for-all. There's some info out there if you google it, but to date I haven't seen any serious, detailed list unfortunately.

Figured as much... but also thought the landscape is changing so rapidly there is no harm in raising the issue again.
koody

Activity: 114
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:48:14 PM

Decred POS is good for me, you need aprox 60-70 coins.
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:52:43 PM

As far as I know there will be no split to two different currencies. So if you have X amount of ETH then after hard-fork you will have same amount as before.

Does that require the assumption that everyone will go with the new fork?
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:30:59 PM

6% on Denarius coin (DNR)!

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:12:21 PM

6% on Denarius coin (DNR)!
...and you think that is good?
Altcoins are like subprime bonds. Inflated speculative schemes, most of'em. 6% is way to low for the risk you're taking. Think of it in a traditional investing way and you'll understand what I mean.
killerelite

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:53:38 PM

Signatum Is gonna go POS soon(16-20 days )
I think its better to buy as there is low trade volume so that means people mining are satasified with it
ETH might go POS  Grin
Anyways Good Luck
ryanlitwiller

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 07:10:53 PM

EmberCoin has 2,700% APR until Nov 1st, then it will be 270% Which is still much better then any other POS coin I've seen.

CRC, TZC, INN, FTC, VIVO, DSR, LUX - pool.CryptoPros.us
mrreese

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

In CryptoCurrency We trust .

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:39:05 PM

For Make profit on PoS we need to had coin ?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:20:23 AM

Well, I'm not sure if it's totally legit or not, but WOMEN Coin claims to offer 1000% per year on PoS mining. I bought ~$4 worth just to see if it's true or not. At $0.02 each it's affordable enough to test it.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:22:50 AM

Scamcoins still the best proof of stake coin to buy and you just need to have more money than sense hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
mrreese

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

In CryptoCurrency We trust .

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:52:47 AM

For Make profit on PoS we need to had coin ?
I think so

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: