Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:03:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why we need the price to go up to be more decentralised  (Read 919 times)
wonkytonky (OP)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:07:27 AM

my first own topic  don't shoot me Smiley all is written imho.

the only site where it's worth trading +1000btc trades is gox.
nobody likes it but it's the truth.
how do you want semi rich guys to enter bitcoin world with gox(dwolla shizzle and so on)  as only place to trade these volumes(in dollar).

if price would go up. like 1000$/btc it would be worth it, for bigger players to trade on bitstamp or any other exhange. 
If you buy 1000btc on bitstamp now.. you can.. but there's no support in bidoffers in case you need some cashing out.  on gox there is.
so if coins become realy expensive this problem should not be there for bigger players
which will invite even bigger players on more decentralized exchanges.

today the price is what the big players make it to be..on gox   you can move price up or down if you have 4k coins to play with.    4k is not THAT much in terms of real hedgefunds guys, or ceo's who earn a few million eur/usd  a year. (i'm talking to a few of them Smiley to get them into bitcoin btw hehe and some are interested to put some of their "play money" into it.)
-

I realy like the decentralisation.. less manipulation for cheap coins.. it's much more difficult to do so.. So price will rise more with more decentralisation.

what's your thoughts on this.. 

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:18:17 AM

Yes. Decentralization and price rise are mutually reinforcing, one of many virtuous cycles in the Bitcoin world.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:51:37 PM

very well stated.

just imagine a bitcoin world with dozens of professional decent high volume exchanges. if the price goes up (and it will) we will get those. can´t wait.
WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:25:58 PM

Speaking as someone who is not rich I think there is a silver lining to this logic.

If the low price prevents the wealthy from buying in, then that keeps the price lower for me to buy in deeper until my money and the money of others like me has brought the value to a level where the rich can start buying in.

That works out just perfect.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:05:53 PM

Speaking as someone who is not rich I think there is a silver lining to this logic.

If the low price prevents the wealthy from buying in, then that keeps the price lower for me to buy in deeper until my money and the money of others like me has brought the value to a level where the rich can start buying in.

That works out just perfect.

lol, i like your thought: i decided to invest relatively big after the recent crash. but takes forever to get funds ready. i will finally have done it in about a week or so. THEN it can skyrocket. not before. no.
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:16:49 PM

Nice thought, I agree. Trade hill Prime should get online just as answer to big investor need, isn't it? When will they do it? I read something about but I'm too lazy to check again  Grin
wonkytonky (OP)

Activity: 411

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:08:34 AM

I requested an account there 2 times.. at tradehill..  no answers or replies..  anyone else got in?.. what are the volumes there?..
or is it not open yet?.. seems there are some trades going on .. looking at the website.

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: