Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CIVIC [CVC] what's happening?  (Read 990 times)
friends1980 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

So it seems CVC is the only coin doing well today (and in the last week, I might add if we look at the blood red statistics...).

Any idea why? I'm having some in portfolio and am wondering if I should hold or sell (some). I was considering to buy some Komodo with my CVC.

What's your point of view?

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:25:49 PM

I'm not a big fan of this project and realize this question is from last week but decided to look into it today. Looks like the bump is news related. They are having a press release today and are planning to release their roadmap on Friday.

danik07

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

Science Blockchain Incubator to Partner with Civic

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/09/prweb14742077.htm
friends1980 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:24:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of this project and realize this question is from last week but decided to look into it today. Looks like the bump is news related. They are having a press release today and are planning to release their roadmap on Friday.

Yup. Last week's bump came after it was made available on another exchange.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
sexcoyote

Activity: 276

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:45:04 PM

All ethereum based tokens are green today. And civic have too many whales and its pure speculation  token.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

All ethereum based tokens are green today. And civic have too many whales and its pure speculation  token.

So you mean that civic will be pumping of it's value? Well I guess that the speculations behind made those whales invest more assets on this, because those bigger investors will have to make sure their capital will turn profitable in a long run. That's why those whales holds their civic based on the said feedback that it's a good coin.
taibas

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:26:45 PM

So it seems CVC is the only coin doing well today (and in the last week, I might add if we look at the blood red statistics...).

Any idea why? I'm having some in portfolio and am wondering if I should hold or sell (some). I was considering to buy some Komodo with my CVC.

What's your point of view?
We recommend that if you already get the benefits you better sell your coins, CVC supply very much, the price will be difficult to go to higher numbers most likely things will happen is the opposite

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Karpediem

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:21:14 AM

In my opinion, Civic is one of the most undervalued coins in the market today. Digital identity management and security is going to be massive - not just because of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, but because of progress in the digital age and artificial intelligence.

Civic has an excellent team, a strong well respected (even though sometimes unnecessarily vocal) leader,  a proven working platform, and an early start being a prime mover, already have a good number of relationships and customers.

Take your call.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:37:19 AM

In my opinion, Civic is one of the most undervalued coins in the market today. Digital identity management and security is going to be massive - not just because of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, but because of progress in the digital age and artificial intelligence.

Civic has an excellent team, a strong well respected (even though sometimes unnecessarily vocal) leader,  a proven working platform, and an early start being a prime mover, already have a good number of relationships and customers.

Take your call.

The problem is the project is closed source. We dont know how secure it is.

Im a fan of open-sourcr projects cause it shoes transparency as long as they dont open source it then its not for me
Startup11

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:06:12 AM

They will have an update tomorrow. Let's see...
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:48:01 PM

Take your call.

Im a fan of open-sourcr projects cause it shoes transparency as long as they dont open source it then its not for me

I agree completely and this was one of the major factors that halted my research into the project to see whether i would invest in it or not. I'm not saying all closed source projects are bad, but there are enough solid open source projects out there as options. I wasn't going to take the chance, but this was during the ICO stage. I may throw a little into it given it's current price.

martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:53:19 PM

Civic has an excellent team, a strong well respected (even though sometimes unnecessarily vocal) leader,  a proven working platform, and an early start being a prime mover, already have a good number of relationships and customers.

Take your call.
LOL you're just a newbie, you know nothing so don't provide advice and learn before.
martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:56:38 PM

CVC could grow because of regulations, but without regulations nobody will give his private datas just for fun.
bitofc

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:34:58 PM

identity management is one of the most practical application using blockchain solutions.
After all we should see how CVC design and implement it.  with so much $ raised, hopefully they can do something good, and perform well.
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:59:20 PM

Take your call.

That's not the only problem I see. The other obvious problem is how the heck their concept will become reality. It seems about as practical as everyone having flying cars.

How many government entities (ie. TSA), businesses, banks & organizations are going to accept a closed source blockchain as their "proof of identity" for customers, employees, clients, etc? They are just going to take this one database entry that they have no control over and a fingerprint as proof of identity? Who originally verifies all the information I enter is correct? Who validates any new information added is correct? What happens if I make two accounts with different information? Are there any safeguards put in place to identify fake information?

Additionally, how many individuals are going to put all of their personal information on a closed source blockchain based network/database? Just because you tell me my data is "encrypted" doesn't mean it's safe. All an encryption needs to be broken is a public & private key pair. It would seem to me that the folks at Civic would make more money off of selling all the users identities than they ever would off of the technology itself (not at all suggesting they will do this).

The general population doesn't accept or trust blockchain technologies. Sure, it may in the future. But we aren't there yet -- not even close. It is going to be YEARS AND YEARS before a mass population is going to be willing to put all their private information in the hands of a blockchain technology. How long before TSA (I use this example because it is shown in their video on their website -- they brought it up) accepts your blockchain based identity to get on a plane? Probably about a million years.

This is the reason I haven't invested in Civic. Seems like a cool idea -- I just don't see it ever happening.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: