Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping Passwords  (Read 862 times)
staykc (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Life is but a dream within a dream

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:36:44 PM

With so many different websites and tools needing userid and password, what tools do you use to 'safekeep' your password accesses?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marssx

Activity: 575
Merit: 100

800 chaturbate tk on sale

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:42:44 PM

With so many different websites and tools needing userid and password, what tools do you use to 'safekeep' your password accesses?
i use lastpass. I know that this is not very safe, but convenient. KeePass more safe than lastpass, but convenient(

BitcoinUKmedia

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

I think it was Vitalik who suggested the only safe way to keep a private key was to remember it - suggesting passwords are safest in your head.
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:17:35 PM

I write all my passwords down in a book and hide it in my house. This is the safest option and I ALWAYS use MFA whether it's with Google Authenticator or text or a push notification that I simply press "Yes" or "No" to allow login. I really like the idea of those physical password drives that you have to have plugged into the computer in order to login, sounds really interesting. So you need the password and the physical drive plugged in.

Before, I used to use Dashlane for my passwords, but now that I'm on the paper method, I feel much safer. I know it can't be hacked plus I use pretty long passwords so I guess it's a good way to keep my typing skills up.  Grin
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:32:52 PM

keeping password in your mind - it is the best option
Hackabu

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:07:42 PM

Ideally, having a different password for each site, and remembering them in your head would be best. But honestly, in a world where each website has a different, highly specific, password policy, it is hard to keep them all in mind. For Windows, KeePass is my favourite solution as a password management tool - simple, sturdy, no-bs kind of software. Whenever possible, I also aus two factor auth, to keep as safe as possible.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:09:41 PM

i use lastpass. I know that this is not very safe, but convenient.

Why do you say LastPass is not safe?  I have been using it for years, and have never had a password stolen.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
lilRoy07

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:48:56 PM

keychain  Cool
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:51:30 PM

I use avira password manager, though have some bugs, I found it better than lastpass. And it's completely free to use.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
marssx

Activity: 575

800 chaturbate tk on sale

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:47:18 AM

i use lastpass. I know that this is not very safe, but convenient.

Why do you say LastPass is not safe?  I have been using it for years, and have never had a password stolen.
It's not open source. They were hacked one times (or two). + In LastPass were found few bugs.

Specterminate

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:22:44 PM

safepass is a good app. You create one master password which when you log, logs you automatically to all accounts that you've assigned your "master" key on. check it out, very useful
ctyong

Activity: 145
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:25:21 PM

I have to use password generator to create password for and record it on my private email which I kept private for my password, username and private key usage.
staykc (OP)

Activity: 71

Life is but a dream within a dream

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:03:24 PM

I've been using KeePass for a long time.
Serves me well.

Too many userid and passwords to remember nowadays!
Cheesy

PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:06:56 PM

I'd suggest using KeePass on a thumb drive you keep with you. The file can be labeled anything you like and they make portable versions of the software.
MugenChild

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:24:24 PM

If by "safekeep" you mean keeping track and never forgetting about my passwords, then I am using a certain plug-in in Google Chrome named "Gumshoe".

Gumshoe is a simple plug-in which keep tracks of every username and password of every account that you log-in in any website. Gumshoe may also be used for hacking but I highly discourage the improper usage of it.

Gumshoe is a very user-friendly plug-in and it is not very complex to use and understand. I use gumshoe because I have been visiting many sites lately and I have the habit of using different passwords on my accounts so that if one of my accounts gets hacked, my other accounts won't be accessed.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:40:27 PM

i never saved my password on auto refill, and use to clean histories and cookies on my laptop..
i do have a notepad that is hidden on my computer and saved too in a folder that contain 20+ folders with each folder containing 10 decoy folders and then 5 then 3 then 2 folders then the notepad itself .. of course it looks so confusing but i can search my pad in just a simple search with the name on it which i know that is hard to know for others s:)
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:06:36 PM

i have a list of my accounts in a spreadsheet here in my computer, and i update it immediately when i sign up another account. i think this is better for sake keeping cause if you write it on a piece of paper, it is vulnerable to get lost.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
wasellubski

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:39:54 PM

I use the manager keeper. very convenient and do not need to remember.
supoplex

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:13:36 AM

keeping password in your mind - it is the best option
this, but there is catch, It's hard to remember really complex passwords
dindasulis

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:29:25 AM

Instead, my current recommendation is to use a storage program like LastPass, and that’s a fine option, unless you forget your password to LastPass, or as he points out, use a weak password for it, neither of which lead to good things. I once forgot my password to my very first computer and bricked it. Awesome learning experience, that. LastPass (http://lastpass.com) is an excellent tool for storing passwords and sharing passwords securely

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: