Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:29:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin QT permanently Out of Sync  (Read 1459 times)
Dizzee (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:27:04 AM

My bitcoin qt wallet.. that has, through various incarnations, worked fine for a long time.

Then all of a sudden it became (out of sync).
I waited... and waited... but it stayed out of sync
I have reinstalled it
I have deleted the block chains... (+16GB at one time!)
I have deleted everything (except my wallet Wink)
I have tried turn off all running processes (within reason) and just leave it running.
It has firewall access on a good speed network.
Hard Drive space is running out (I have 4 fixed and a sml portable attached.. lowest has only 2.26GB left.. with C drive having 6.2GB remaining)

It currently takes up 5.79* on the hard drive with   ~12121 blocks remaining   ... (I believe it should take about 7.5 fully done). *[C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin]...
Just restarted it... it jumped to   ~20123 blocks remaining  

It still remains out of sync... this has been going on for about 6 months now...

Last Block chain deletion was 3 days ago... after a block chain deletion/re-installation etc.. it seems to synchronize with network normally, the block chain remaining counter goes down as expected... then it just grinds to a halt... or so slow that it appears that way.

Win 8 x64

Please any suggestions.
sydeu

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:42:43 AM

thats really weird, hven't got any ideas though :/

My btc adress: 1fuAvp6fpYiii8y8Vr9G7LCPcn3wdDGPj
My reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391656.0
bobthebuilder18

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:51:32 AM

Hi, did you check the event viewer for some kind of harddrive errors?
I'll try to save backup (private keys) and completely delete the bitcoin qt folder (i'm not sure for Windows as I'm a linux fan myself, but it should be located in the user profile folder somewhere - c:\users\<username>\..)

Regards
Dizzee (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:00:48 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 09:12:20 PM by Dizzee

so... I've been away all weekend.. yay  Grin
on return it says   ~20372 blocks remaining   .. how's that figure out... I have more blocks remaining than when it started!

I have already deleted everything before.. except my wallet... I'll try again this time doing a hard drive check before re-installation.

edit:           ~220021 blocks remaining     

21xxxx by the time I finished typing
xXGriMe

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:27:37 PM

Im having a similar issue. I was going to make my own thread but not sure how. My client has been out of sync since last night been running non stop for about 18 hours and still wont sync. It says 3 hours behind and it says 239742 has been processed the same amount it should have according to this

http://blockexplorer.com/q/getblockcount

Any idea whats going on here?
DannysCam

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:36:40 PM

it took me 5 days to sync my wallet  i have crappy internet don't worry just give it time and make sure your time and date is correct on your machine
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

Im having a similar issue. I was going to make my own thread but not sure how. My client has been out of sync since last night been running non stop for about 18 hours and still wont sync. It says 3 hours behind and it says 239742 has been processed the same amount it should have according to this

I'm not sure it will help or not but try to use -reindex command.
Make a shortcut and put command and then run it.

xXGriMe

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:40:49 PM

it took me 5 days to sync my wallet  i have crappy internet don't worry just give it time and make sure your time and date is correct on your machine

I get 25 down and 5 up. My rig is a i7 8 gigs rams and a gtx 650ti 2gig. I just don't understand it has caught up to the current block but still has not sync?
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:43:01 PM

There could be a few reasons for this but im going to poke at its possibly your ISP not liking you downloading all the P2P traffic...
theres a few solutions to this such and downloading a VPN to see if you can bypass your ISPs traffic management
proxpn.com does a free on but has extreme limits on bandwith (its free though)

or if you want to try other ways you could try closing the bitcoin wallet restarting the computer and opening the bitcoin wallet again (solves alot of problems)

current blockchain size is around the 8.7GB mark
also is your wallet atually connecting to the network

vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:44:01 PM

I get 25 down and 5 up. My rig is a i7 8 gigs rams and a gtx 650ti 2gig. I just don't understand it has caught up to the current block but still has not sync?

you will find that your ISP will limit the speed as it uses the P2P protocols which ISPs hate due to it using more of there network

xXGriMe

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:47:25 PM

I'm not sure it will help or not but try to use -reindex command.
Make a shortcut and put command and then run it.

https://i.imgur.com/fe8NhuY.png

Trying this now.

There could be a few reasons for this but im going to poke at its possibly your ISP not liking you downloading all the P2P traffic...
theres a few solutions to this such and downloading a VPN to see if you can bypass your ISPs traffic management
proxpn.com does a free on but has extreme limits on bandwith (its free though)

or if you want to try other ways you could try closing the bitcoin wallet restarting the computer and opening the bitcoin wallet again (solves alot of problems)

current blockchain size is around the 8.7GB mark
also is your wallet atually connecting to the network

I guess it could be my ISP. Although i have done 60gig downloads before and never got a letter or email about bandwidth. I tried a complete restart already and im doing a reindex now. If this does not work ill look into VPN. I do get a connection usually around 8-10 connections. My blockchain size is 9.10gigs?
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:58:29 PM

its not the fact that your using to much its the fact that you downloading using p2p protocols can affect time sensitive data like video calling so most ISP just limit P2P during peek times or once youve used so much data, the UK is really really bad for doing this and the worst one of all is Virgin media who can drop a 100mbps connection down to a crawl

xXGriMe

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:04:36 PM

its not the fact that your using to much its the fact that you downloading using p2p protocols can affect time sensitive data like video calling so most ISP just limit P2P during peek times or once youve used so much data, the UK is really really bad for doing this and the worst one of all is Virgin media who can drop a 100mbps connection down to a crawl

I see. Do you think if i call my ISP they would tell me if im using to much?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: