Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any coin worth mining now?  (Read 2178 times)
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:39:09 PM

LTC seems the most stable

but it takes more power and generates more heat.

other alts are not profitable due to orphans/stales

just stick to bitcoin
and ebay your gpu
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

Are DGC and WDC compatible with Guiminer scrypt?
If not, what miner should I use?
(Just to clarify, I am mining with a 7870 Tahiti.)

Careful there is no volume in WDC, the price is fake, take a look at buys/sells on cryptsy.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:33:57 PM

You must know that it just shows situation at the moment, while you will setup your rig to mine, another new coin will become more profitable. And where is information about millions of U.S. $?

that's correct , its pretty silly and simplistic to invest in what is technically the most profitable in that second.

unless you are looking to get in and out in that second.

better to look at all the information, and think about what will be around more long term.  that way any small investment could pay off large in the long term either mining or buying.   

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:37:22 PM

Best now is probably LKY, when it hits exchange, the current mining return will be better than those already on the exchange.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:42:11 PM

other alts are not profitable due to orphans/stales

Patently not true and incorrect, should read "most other alts..."

the problem of course is greed,  a very natural free market idea.
The premine/insta mine  assures this aspects effect:

1. the Dev is only interested in the initial dump

2. There are lots of units floating around very early as they were "pre-mined"

3. Dev(group) dumps premined units,  crashes price.

4. Dev walks away.

5. Someone else takes over and tries to raise the reputation (possibly because the original DEV couldn't dump all his units so gives 50% of them to promoter)

6. Second Dev pushes the "Coin" so he can dump the next 50%

rinse and repeat.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Mr.V

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:07:40 PM

choose a coin you believe in and go with tht. If you think it will succeed and your right the money will come. Just dont turn into one of those coin hoppers who only mine whats profitible on coinchoose.com. Everyone hates those dumpers they reck every Alt coin no matter how innovative it is.

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:19:45 PM

At 4 difficulty, nibble is a good choice.  Stay away from GLDCoin.  Scam coin deluxe.  Dev pre-mined and hold 2 million coins.  If not more by now.  There are only 100million total.

That's 10% of all currently mined coins.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:50:55 PM

At 4 difficulty, nibble is a good choice.  Stay away from GLDCoin.  Scam coin deluxe.  Dev pre-mined and hold 2 million coins.  If not more by now.  There are only 100million total.

That's 10% of all currently mined coins.

+1

wow that is crazy , i think the scams are nearly at the end of the line , as the forum has wised up and the exchanges have stopped taking them , as they were starting to risk their own reputations, (well the established ones anyhow)

would you believe that even FTC Feathercoin (a coin i liked and supported and still has a fairly strong community) had more than 2 million blocks existing by around diff 1?

nibble by comparison is the smallest by diff 1 and the most distributed - (which i like and am proud of the Dev for)

nibble's 1st 12,096 blocks produced only 127,054 NBL up until around difficulty 1.

and i know that many different people got them , I my self only had about 600 at that stage .  - still now only about 4k .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:53:09 PM

I went from mining Litecoins to Bitcoins, because AFAIK my 7xxx series cards are really energy efficient there with memory downclocked, and I get more than get from LTC now.
BTC = Summer friendly!

TEST
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:56:25 PM

BTC #1, LTC #2, Huh #3

What do you guys think is the coin to follow BTC and LTC? As far as the market cap goes it is namecoin and ppcoin but how strong is the community and the development team?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 10:24:02 PM

BTC #1, LTC #2, Huh #3

What do you guys think is the coin to follow BTC and LTC? As far as the market cap goes it is namecoin and ppcoin but how strong is the community and the development team?

Well i made an economic prediction months back -

i said that not one other SHA-256 coin would be valued at $1 USD -

my only caveat to that is complete economic meltdown , total destruction of USD fiat.

that aside but - SHA-256 has a huge flaw in that anyone with an ASIC can just scoop it up like sand at low difficulty - this hurts , no, kills any market for these currencies as a human market works on confidence not math.

if the guy down the road believes he is at a disadvantage , eventually he will not participate , he is at a disadvantage with fiat , but he has to participate , not so Cryptocurrency.

both ppcoin and namecoin are SHA-256. otherwise they may have been successful .

if they are very cheap though , its possibly still worth buying , as at least they have a distinct advantage that they ARE still cheap, but the problem being that they wouldn't be very distributed. as if they start to rise ASICs will jump on them and centralize them.

i will bet on nibble #1  : D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

DGC is on fire right now!  Mine it here http://p2pool-dgc.com:9500/static/
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:05:06 PM

BTC #1, LTC #2, Huh #3

YAC

it will be like YAML for cryptos

YAML is great Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: