Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 01:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's get Bitcoinstore.com to accept Litecoin.  (Read 3305 times)
esenminer (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:40:48 PM

I know the name of the website is 'bitcoinstore.com' but I think it makes sense for them to also accept Litecoins.

There are thousands of litecoin miners with thousands and thousands of litecoins just sitting in their wallets doing nothing. While there are some up and coming sites, bitcoinstore.com could capture most of this market. I suppose one could argue that these users could trade their litecoins for bitcoins before they purchase but that's a huge barrier and involves using exchanges or trades which can be risky. In addition bitcoinstore.com already has the infrastructure to deal with crypto currency so adding an additional currency might not be as complicated. Plus with the volume of bitcoins they do I am sure they can negotiate a very good fee to convert between litecoin / bitcoin and of course litecoin / fiat. I know I would be willing to part with some of my litecoins if I could easily purchase, for example, additional gpus, mobos, psus etc..and i think most litecoin miners would be also.

I guess bottom line is that if bitcoinstore.com started accepting litecoins it would be great way to attract thousands of new customers hence more revenue with what I perceive as a minimum of risk and investment.

calecho

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:49:01 PM

+1
add1ct3dd

Activity: 666
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:58:43 PM

+2
MysteryX

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:47:37 PM

+3
esenminer (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:55:25 PM

They have a feature request page under support but there doesn't seem to be any activity there. I submitted the feature request anyway and if it's approved I will share the link.

In the meantime I've posted a comment on their facebook page so please like / share it

https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStore/posts/102474559962561

Acceptance of litecoin on this site would be an amazing stepping stone for validating Litecoin as a truly alternative crypto currency so please go and click on like!

I am of course open to any other suggestions people might have.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:17:56 PM

+ ∞
elesaraaa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:23:03 PM

+1
TrinaVella

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:29:22 PM

Not only would it make it easier on buyers, they would have that much more exposure.  Win win.
esenminer (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:36:22 PM

To show support please like the facebook post:

JasperParsons

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:50:59 PM

I would actually shop there with my Litecoins.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:27:07 PM

LTC (LiteCoin) has been killed by its clones: FeatherCoin, CHNCoin, GLDCoin, WorldCoin ...

It is an useless coin now
MinerLT

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:37:13 PM

LTC (LiteCoin) has been killed by its clones: FeatherCoin, CHNCoin, GLDCoin, WorldCoin ...

not true.

Success doesn't come to you…you go to it

Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 08:49:04 PM

...no

LTC is the original son of Bitcoin and is fundamentally different to fill a void where faster transactions are needed. Eventually BTC will only be useful for transferring large amounts of money around, LTC fills the need for a faster coin for micro-transactions.

Similar to the way you wouldn't go buy a t-shirt with a physical gold bar. You would need something in a smaller denomination, like silver.

The Altcoins are for the most part a bunch of cheap experimental clones that are more or less meritless as a currency, though are serving to move the mass speculation and price jacking away from BTC and LTC into that secondary market, so the more the merrier.

esenminer (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:55:35 PM

Let's not let one poster hijack this thread! Our goal is to get Bitcoinstore.com to accept Litecoin. Please like the following facebook post to show your support:

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:02:29 PM

Yeah... Litecoin is so dead  Roll Eyes:

Anyways back on topic... anything I can do to help let me know. We should all send in an email or something. I don't have Facebook, so I can't help you there. We should definitely push for merchant adoption. If we could get Bitpay to sign up, then that would be huge too.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:50:43 PM

Good idea. Lets make this happen guys. Should we all just send an email?
esenminer (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:51:55 PM

Good idea. Lets make this happen guys. Should we all just send an email?

I'm trying to get people to like / comment on my post on the Bitcoinstore.com facebook page here

as there doesn't seem to be any other public venue. I have also put in a feature request on the support site so if that comes up then we can all vote there as well. Of course I am sure they will check out this thread as well so feel free to post your support here!
laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:54:06 PM

Yeah,
The more stores accept Litecoin the more value it will have, and GOX will introduce it faster!
So a big fat +1

TEST
Fallen666

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:00:57 AM

Hi

We are about to launch a  UK based website selling many products, mainly electronics, for cryptocoins.

If you are promoting a new or minor alt and are willing to create a more productive market we need modules to accept payments whit all sort of crypto.

We will start whit BTC and we`re working on an LTC module as well. (any help/suggestion welcome)

We belive that create the possibility to spend crypto for goods (mining cards too....) is a great way to remove the tag of criminal coins from BTC and other crypto.

Tag that is the only real menace to this economy and is used even today to fight against BTC as a mere tool for money laundering and buy drugs.

Hope to hear from you all

Contact me for details.

Cheers

laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 07:53:48 AM

Hi

We are about to launch a  UK based website selling many products, mainly electronics, for cryptocoins.

If you are promoting a new or minor alt and are willing to create a more productive market we need modules to accept payments whit all sort of crypto.

We will start whit BTC and we`re working on an LTC module as well. (any help/suggestion welcome)

We belive that create the possibility to spend crypto for goods (mining cards too....) is a great way to remove the tag of criminal coins from BTC and other crypto.

Tag that is the only real menace to this economy and is used even today to fight against BTC as a mere tool for money laundering and buy drugs.

Hope to hear from you all

Contact me for details.

Cheers

I think as soon as automatic payment to $/Euros/Pounds when paying with litecoin is provided the amount of it's use will grow exponentially.

TEST
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: