Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I convert my BCH to BTC?  (Read 3247 times)
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 07:36:22 PM

You can convert  your bch to bitcoin some ways.I think you can do this on different exchanger likebittrex and any other exchange.But now all alcoin and btc dump so hold Bch few days . When you see bch pump than you convert to your bch to bitcoin.I suggest to u now time save and hold bch.BCH price maybe increasd so donot afraid .Wait for some days until market altcoin pump.So make you profit donot sell or exchnge your bch now.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:12:54 PM

Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement).

I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind.

If yes, what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks!

I converted mine because I expect Bitcoin to have more longevity than BCH. Of course no one knows for sure and it could go the other way. I look at it as a chance to get some free Bitcoins by converting.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer now so holding both may pay off later if BCH survives. The only problem with converting for me is that you have to jump through a few hoops but you have to do most of that anyway just to claim the BCH.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:38:02 AM

Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement).

I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind.

Thanks!
It is up to you but bitcoin cash has been flat for some time now, I do not think we are going to get any more positive news so I only see bitcoin cash remaining in that flat movement or going lower in price, so to me this seems like the perfect opportunity to sell.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:51:45 AM

Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement). I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind. If yes, what would be the best way to do this? Thanks!

In many days after the hard fork in August, when people who got Bitcoin also received their share of the new altcoin BitcoinCash (BCH) many of us (yes I got some too) decided to sell our share and get converted to Bitcoin. Looking back now and looking at the current value of BCH, had it been possible to change my mind maybe I would just choose to hold it in my wallet. The value of BCH is getting good right now and maybe it really also has a good share of that good future all coins are looking for. though nobody can really be sure what can be in the following days, in my opinion it is holding on to what it already gained. So if I were you...I would continue holding my BCH and maybe who knows it can really make a big run soon and can reach more than $1,000 in value. Just take the chance...anyway you got that coin for free so nothing to lose at all and many possible gains if things would be looking up.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:44:54 AM

Honestly, I think the main reason BCH hasn't plummeted is a combination of some things. One thing, there are probably many users who don't even know that they have it. Another is the fact that it is difficult to get rid of for some people. Especially non trader types. Once BCH becomes available to sell on Coinbase and other places I expect the price to drop. I have a conspiracy that may or may not be true.

BCH was a joyful gift which I exchanged for some BTC and altcoins (I kept a small amount in case I'm wrong, but I'm probably not). It was a bit challenging moving my BTC around and then moving my BCH to another place. There were quite a few steps and it wasn't easy. For people wanting to get rid of it, it isn't so easy. People who want to buy it, can get it fairly quickly.

I've made an observation and perhaps I'm biased, but it seems like the people that know the most about cryptocurrencies recognize BCH's flaws. On the other hand there are a lot of people newer to cryptos. I see a lot of posts talking about how BCH is faster so it must be better. Take a look at Litecoin. It is faster than BCH so with this logic, why not dump BCH and transfer it to Litecoin?

Booooo BCH! Boooooooooo.

tl;dr:

Yes, yes you should convert your BCH to BTC.

tranle789

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:27:29 PM

I think you should sell 70% of BCH to BTC because if you have BTC you can buy many other potential altcoins and will probably increase your profits more easily. I think we should not keep many BCH because we are not sure whether BCH market will be stable in the future or not.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

I think you should sell 70% of BCH to BTC because if you have BTC you can buy many other potential altcoins and will probably increase your profits more easily. I think we should not keep many BCH because we are not sure whether BCH market will be stable in the future or not.

Obviously yes BCH's market place value is getting lower when the time it splited from bitcoin. If you have saved BCH in your wallet you an just convert to bitcoin means that amount value will be increase to double the amount in few months but if convert it as different altcoin you cannot speculate its value perfectly.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

I say yes. I don't see that BCH actualy has a profitable future, especaily not like bitcoin and definetely can't replace it. Maybe currently it looks to some users that it's better solution than bitcoin but if you look deeper and on long term you will figure out that this is wrong perception. So stick to bitcoin, not BCH that it's just another altcoin that will not last long.

malaj
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:06:48 PM

just hold. dont think about BCH. maybe it can over bitcoin next year. It's free so you lose nothing

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 02:31:21 PM

I've read some articles regarding this and most are recommending to hang onto BCH. There is speculation that it will stay around and have value for awhile. It's much faster than bitcoin currently. Will it ever have the value of BTC? of course not.

Can it keep value and increase in price? sure.

Look at LTC, its been the "silver standard" to BTC right? Why can't BCH be similar?

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:36:21 PM

I say yes. I don't see that BCH actualy has a profitable future, especaily not like bitcoin and definetely can't replace it. Maybe currently it looks to some users that it's better solution than bitcoin but if you look deeper and on long term you will figure out that this is wrong perception. So stick to bitcoin, not BCH that it's just another altcoin that will not last long.
Now don't sell your BCH because the price of the BCH is coming down. this coin average price is b/w $600 to $700. So wait for some time and when it reaches this target you can convert it into bitcoins. For a long time better you can hold bitcoins. BCH is not safe for long term. No body can give you assurance about this BCH, but many people are advised to hold bitcoins. Go for more people votes.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:25:53 PM

The doubt is with everyone but I think the supporters of BCC/BCH is huge and they will pump the coin sooner or later. I would recommend to hold the coins for now and wait for the right time to sell or trade. There may be a future in the near future if we see some applications of it.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:32:26 PM

I've read some articles regarding this and most are recommending to hang onto BCH. There is speculation that it will stay around and have value for awhile. It's much faster than bitcoin currently. Will it ever have the value of BTC? of course not.

Can it keep value and increase in price? sure.

Look at LTC, its been the "silver standard" to BTC right? Why can't BCH be similar?
I personally consider bch as altcoin , and when it comea to altcoin i prefer to choose ethereum.
I don't believe bch could survive long enough , sooner or later it will become weak.
No source enough for bch to grow , people still believe in the old bitcoin to become the strongest cryptocurrency.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:56:51 PM

I think it's all up to the personal preferences.
When I look at the charts, both develope similar at the moment. What the future holds, none of us knows.
Personally I am a friend of splitting an investment. Through the implementation of bitcoin cash that has been done for me, so I keep it that way.
Even if BCC should lose its value, I haven't had them before. And if they rise, it's good profit for me.
ScriptYoYo

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:06:39 PM

The doubt is with everyone but I think the supporters of BCC/BCH is huge and they will pump the coin sooner or later. I would recommend to hold the coins for now and wait for the right time to sell or trade. There may be a future in the near future if we see some applications of it.

I would also have saved this coin for the future. No one can predict how it will develop.
But you need to follow the news about this coin and at its price. If there is very bad news, then it is better to sell the coin

ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:40:28 PM

If we sell it now, we can benefit more than few days before. Because price bitcoin currently declining, so btc we get from selling bch will be more. And that's my way, because my core goal is have alot btc.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:05:11 PM

Bitcoin Cash has a lot of potential and we expect the coins to break the resistance level of $1000 before the end of this year. Selling it now below $500 is not the best decisions to take especially if you are not in need of money now. Since August first we can see how this coin has performed and by this time next year people will see the benefits of holding it now.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:58:35 PM

Personally I'm not in a hurry to sell my BCH because at the end of the day, I did not invest a single dollar for them, and they mean a capital that I did not count at the beginning of the year.

But in addition, the possibility of having a diversified portfolio is always profitable in the long term and helps us to minimize risks. It is true that I personally see the future of BCH a little gloomy compared to other altcoins, but everything is possible in this market so full of unexpected surprises and if the price of BCH could become a great success, I do not want to lose it, and if it becomes a great failure, I will not lose anything.
nofuture

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:11:10 AM

If you dont need money now so you can still hold it. I believe bitcoin cash will go to da moon soon if people accept it

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
Getmon

Activity: 1400
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:37:24 AM

Thanks!

I am not really an experienced trader. Mine is not even making great strides in profits. I am only making small profits. But I think it is better to invest in some other coins such as bitcoin rather than bitcoin cash which is not really performing good in the market. There are some BCH backers though and you have to the option which one to do after hearing both sides.

MEGA

▄████▄ 
████████
▀██████▀
██▀▀▀▀
██▄▄▄▄
▄██████▄
████████
▀████▀
PARI█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
██████████▄██▀█▄
████████████ ▀███
███████████ ▀▀▀██    ▄▄███████▄▄
██████████▀████▀   ▄█████▀█▀█████▄
██████████████████████▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████
   ▄▄█████▄▄     ███████  ██   █████
 ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███████      ▀█████
▄████▀   ▀████▄  ███████  ██▀  █████
█████▄   ▄█████   ████▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████
▀████ ▀▀▀ ████▀    ▀█████▄█▄█████▀
 ▀████▄ ▄████▀███████▀▀███████▀▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
     ▄███▄
     ▀███▀
  ▄▄██▄▄▄█▄
▄██▀▀███████▄
██▀  ███▀▀▄███
██   ██ ██▀▀
     ███▄▄█
    ▄██▀▀██▄
   ███▄▄ ▀██
     ▀▀▀▀ ███
      ▄██▄ ██
      ▀██▀ ▀██
.SPORTS.▄█████████████████▄
██ ▄             ██
██ ▀▀            ██
██               ██
██      ▄█▄      ██
██    ▄█████▄    ██
██   ▀██▀█▀██▀   ██
██      ▄█▄      ██
██               ██
██            ▄▄ ██
██             ▀ ██
▀█████████████████▀
.CASINO.█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████