Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical data on 'delisted' or 'failed' alt coins  (Read 513 times)
Ericgw (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:44:50 AM

I am searching for historic data on altcoins which have been delisted from coinmarketcap, does anyone have insight into this?

I am doing some historical data analysis at the moment and noticed that for example only 7 coins are showing data history on coinmarketcap from 2013, whereas I am thinking there were more coins than that listed in 2013.

Without factoring in all coins including failed or otherwise delisted coins, the data would be incomplete.

Any help you have to offer in this search is appreciated Smiley Thank you!
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:28:43 AM

This will be hard, most coins on coinmarketcap are there because they are able to determine a trade price for the coin. From my understanding, a coin isn't removed from coinmarketcap until there is no way to determine the current market price for the coin (aka no exchanges are allowing for trading of the coin).

It will be inheritly hard to gather trade data for a coin that has been removed from all exchanges. The only way I could possibly think is to create a forum scraper to dig through all the forum posts here & at the coins forums in order to find all trades made outside of exchanges. Even then, the data will be sporatic & fluctuate greatly, which isn't so good for statistical analysis.

I'm interested to know if some of these dead coins still have a hash rate tbh, it'd be interesting to know.
anon4250158

Activity: 266
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:04:54 AM

I don't know that you'll be able to find a lot of historical altcoin market cap data.  Maybe you could try contacting the people at coinmarketcap and see if they still have that info?  Also try deadcoins.com, they list a LOT of dead shitcoins, but a lot don't have any information.
Ericgw (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:45:31 PM

I searching it too. many altcoin born everyday and I want known their fate

Will let you know if I come up with good data
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:56:23 PM

There must have been already over 60 altcoins as in theguardian stated in 2013.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/28/bitcoin-alternatives-future-currency-investments?espv=1

Ericgw (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:01:39 PM

https://www.[Suspicious link removed]s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/28/bitcoin-alternatives-future-currency-investments?espv=1

Yes indeed, I'm counting roughly 500 on deadcoins.com so far, unfortunately the trading data is missing for them though.  Hoping coinmarketcap gets back to me with something useful in this regard.  Hard to say if they would track or store that though or not, we shall see
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:23:16 PM

https://www.[Suspicious link removed]s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/28/bitcoin-alternatives-future-currency-investments?espv=1
Yes indeed, I'm counting roughly 500 on deadcoins.com so far, unfortunately the trading data is missing for them though.  Hoping coinmarketcap gets back to me with something useful in this regard.  Hard to say if they would track or store that though or not, we shall see

Yes, there are a lot of dead altcoins in the past few years, and most of them were scams finally, so we should know every altcoin has a risk to be dead, so you should learn to buy them and sell them out at the right time.
grizmoblust

Activity: 379

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:29:22 PM

we should have scam ICO, their dev and failed ICO. some article like why they fail...

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:30:03 PM

Yes, there are a lot of dead altcoins in the past few years, and most of them were scams finally, so we should know every altcoin has a risk to be dead, so you should learn to buy them and sell them out at the right time.

I think OPs aim is a complete database of all coins.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:30:34 PM

This will be hard, most coins on coinmarketcap are there because they are able to determine a trade price for the coin. From my understanding, a coin isn't removed from coinmarketcap until there is no way to determine the current market price for the coin (aka no exchanges are allowing for trading of the coin).

It will be inheritly hard to gather trade data for a coin that has been removed from all exchanges. The only way I could possibly think is to create a forum scraper to dig through all the forum posts here & at the coins forums in order to find all trades made outside of exchanges. Even then, the data will be sporatic & fluctuate greatly, which isn't so good for statistical analysis.

I'm interested to know if some of these dead coins still have a hash rate tbh, it'd be interesting to know.
The same on OP.We do have the same interest too but seems this thing do really requires too much time and effort to crawl all the possible status of those coins who are being delisted or failed. On exchanges alone there are lots already of coins who are being delisted and even accumulating those list on any exchange would really takes effort for you to get that list.How much more on other parts? It would takes time.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:36:44 PM

I think it is a really good idea to have a list or a database of the dead coins. A Wikipedia article or something like that. But i don't know who has follow every coins... It is a very long investigation. And we don't have the name of every new coin on Coinmarketcap. It could be great if the dev of thoses coins do and maintain an updated list.
shenjing85

Activity: 364

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:45:27 PM

we should have scam ICO, their dev and failed ICO. some article like why they fail...

Yes, I am also very interested to see whether this projects turn out to be dead so quickly, and I will try to find some potential signals before the dead, so maybe I can use this experience to judge some ICO scams in the future.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:06:43 PM

Yes, I am also very interested to see whether this projects turn out to be dead so quickly, and I will try to find some potential signals before the dead, so maybe I can use this experience to judge some ICO scams in the future.
Potential signals cant really be determined by just common sense by its investors.It might be hard for some beginners eyes but for those who have experience for sure can identify one but I don't think that someone would really waste their time on making this list but I would be glad and lots will surely do the same to have this kind of listings because it would really be helpful.

Ericgw (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:24:01 PM

I think OPs aim is a complete database of all coins.

Sorry what is "OP"?  I am not familiar with that terminology  Huh
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 04:29:48 PM

I think there must be a lot of failed coins between the years of 2013-2016 but coinmarketcap may remove them. There will be x1000 more failed coins after 4-5 years.

Ericgw (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:43:55 PM

Potential signals cant really be determined by just common sense by its investors.It might be hard for some beginners eyes but for those who have experience for sure can identify one but I don't think that someone would really waste their time on making this list but I would be glad and lots will surely do the same to have this kind of listings because it would really be helpful.

I am ok diverting some time from my team to this research.  I would probably allow 40hrs and see how far we get.  If we don't get anywhere at all then stop then, if we get some promising traction though then I'd probably continue on further.  I am at very early stages though at the moment so looking for the good starting points.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: