Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maidsafe/storj/sia  (Read 552 times)
Packers1985 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:58:10 AM

I am planning on investing in any one these coins. Any opinions?

hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:43:41 AM

Yeah I would say maybe stay away from storj. They have had problems with management, and CEOs stepping down. Not a good look there. Other than that I dont know look into

the other two coins and see where they are and how active they are and by that you can get a good gauge of whats happening.

dukemc

Activity: 431

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:48:24 AM

I am holding and mining SIA i think July 2018 with the start of the Obelix System there could be good performance and good rise of the coin.
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:28:35 AM

Of the three, I'd agree that Sia is the better option.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 07:59:09 AM

Maidsafe have been there for quite a long time, yet i have no idea how does it actually work

Sia for me here, personally Sia seems to be easy to use and i think the UI suits for non-technical person, and because of the huge supply of coins they have, the service they offer could be real cheap as the DEV stated that he doesn't wanted the coin to be too expensive because that coin is uses as a payment function
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:12:05 AM

Of the three, I'd agree that Sia is the better option.

I agree that SIA coin is the better option among the three coins. To add on, SONM and Golem are two more coins worth considering.
diguyo

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:21:15 AM

MAID has a potentially great future. Alpha 2 being released imminently, and the Alpha 3 supposedly not coming too far behind. So, real progress from a strong well thought out project that's been built slowly and steadily, as anything that would change how we use the internet should be. One thing I would say, MAID has been consistency between about 0.00013 and 0.0002 BTC pretty consistently since last year - it's not likely to make you a fortune and increase exponentially in a short space of time - it's more stable and gradual. It's low now because, well, most coins are low and took a hit recently. It's a coin to buy and hold on to for the long term.

nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:22:53 AM

i am personally a believer in MAID. one of the most revolutionary concepts out there and hyper transparent development. i don't necessarily consider it the safest long-term investment tho, as it'll be a win all or lose all game: either find mass adoption and become super valuable in 2-3 years, or probably vanish. i hope the former

SIA has been one of the most underwhelming experiences in crytpo for me, with tech development way not keeping pace with hype and expectations. i agree there may be still some great potential there, so i'll keep tabs on it, but defintiely not investing more in SIA atm

about STORJ, i agree with the warnings above

as short- mid-term investments, i can say that SIA and STORJ have brought rapid revenues but equally rapid dumps, while MAID has given rather steady growth and stability

as imo there is not a clear winner, you could hedge your bets by spreading the investment.
f1tz14

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:09:02 PM

I hold a small amount of MAID and likewise am impressed with their potential tech.

Potential is the operative word as they have made huge strides but are only at alpha stage of testing. If they do pull it off then I think the potential is massive, they have a fantastic team, huge credentials and their vision is pretty amazing - as with most cryptos though, they have to deliver but boy, if they do!
Packers1985 (OP)

CHEERS

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:05:50 PM

Thanks alot guys...So i'll be investing on Maidsafe for a quick profit and will be looking at Sia as a longterm investment.

cau

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:15:39 PM

I am planning on investing in any one these coins. Any opinions?

Well, I understand you want to bring in MAID with Storj and Sia from the decentralized storage project perspective.... a slight dive on Maid would give you more on Maid and the decentralized space share is just another feature/ offerings from Maid..... Maid may get beyond imagination or fail and become void and null.
burdeN

Merit: 255

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:20:36 PM

Maidsafe have been there for quite a long time, yet i have no idea how does it actually work

Sia for me here, personally Sia seems to be easy to use and i think the UI suits for non-technical person, and because of the huge supply of coins they have, the service they offer could be real cheap as the DEV stated that he doesn't wanted the coin to be too expensive because that coin is uses as a payment function
So why should one hold sia, if it's not going to be expensive? Just for paying purposes?
lukey

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:33:56 PM

The devs specifically said that their focus is more on their product not so much on the actual price on each coin...( That's the focus i want to see )

The payment function is yes, Siacoins. But overall the storage is cheap while a siacoin can be what ever price and the storage will still be cheap.. The host will just adjust the price. That's all.

All these  coins have their white paper but they don't even compare to Siatech with their working product .

I'm heavily invest. & this will be nice Long-term HODL becuase the cloud storage is rapidly growing each year.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: