Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we get bitcoin gold and how ?  (Read 527 times)
lucashood (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:33:11 PM

Will btc holders get free bitcoin gold same as bitcoin cash ?

if yes please suggest in which wallet shall we store btc in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:35:54 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 09:56:44 AM by johstacy

And what about exchanges? Any one posted already that will share bitcoin gold to BTC holders?
I returned to the crypt world. I started a long time ago. But I spent everything. Now there is no sense in mining. I think trading is cool to earn now.

eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:42:16 PM

If you control the priv. keys you’ll receive BTCG.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:47:45 PM

It is the exact same scenario as the last hard fork. You will be able to move your Bitcoin into a wallet (bread) and collect free Bitcoin Gold that is equal to the number of Bitcoins that you have. So you need to make sure that you move all of your Bitcoins to a private wallet to take advantage of this. You are able to basically get free money which could significantly boost your portfolio balance.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:48:35 PM

I personally do not know what will happen with a hard fork now if we hold the bitcoin we have,
either will get bitcoin gold or not at all,
maybe we can get some news by waiting for replies from someone who has the capacity to answer the question you are asking now.
but I would argue that this would be the same as the bitcoincash split

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
ItalianBitcoin3r

Activity: 219

ENG > ITA PDF, PSD, TXT, DOCX TRNSLATION

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:48:51 PM

Will btc holders get free bitcoin gold same as bitcoin cash ?

if yes please suggest in which wallet shall we store btc in.

it seems yes..
but you need to store bitcoin in a wallet when you can access to your private keys.
otherwise, there are some exchange who will provide to give you bitcoin gold with the equal abount of bitcoin stored.
but for this i think we need to wait few days to get more datails.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:49:01 PM

Probably wait for an exchange site to announce regarding bitcoin gold because some might not support bitcoin gold like how they support bitcoin cash. All you need is to wait for an exchange to announce then transfer there your bitcoin so you can easily get then if you want to then sell it after.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:53:33 PM

Bitcoin holders will get an equal amount of Bitcoin gold after the fork, just like the Cash fork.
Make sure you use a wallet where you can access your wallet's private key, and write it down.
After the fork you can access your Bitcoin Gold by importing your private key in a Bitcoin Gold client.
Best way for keeping your Bitcoins and keys is a paper wallet but if you're an active spender, a client like Electrum, Armory or Core is better.
cng-

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:57:42 PM

i heard kucoin is supporting bitcoin gold. really gotta see which exchanges / wallets are supporting it. most arent afaik
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:58:13 PM

Its is not clear though when and how are we going to get the free bitcoin gold. Wait for exchanges to announcement if they are going to support it. Oct 25th is still far, so wait till we get closer to this so that we can have a clear view on the direction of the split.

It is the exact same scenario as the last hard fork. You will be able to move your Bitcoin into a wallet (bread) and collect free Bitcoin Gold that is equal to the number of Bitcoins that you have. So you need to make sure that you move all of your Bitcoins to a private wallet to take advantage of this. You are able to basically get free money which could significantly boost your portfolio balance.

Yes, if we are going to based on the Aug 1st split scenario, we should be moved or coins to a wallet that we have total control of the private keys to be able to claim the free money. Just be aware that there will be a lot of people taking advantage of the situation and just download a wallet that is trustable.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:03:25 PM

YES sir! blockchain will be a good base for that you should not make changes on october 25, remember that as it is said on the ann thread og bitcoin gold
ramyon

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:13:44 PM

it could be because now a lot of sites that offer business sites
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:14:22 PM

And what about exchanges? Any one posted already that will share bitcoin gold to BTC holders?
Yes, bitfinex talking about it. As far as I know bittrex and Polonex did not make any statements. Wex refused to support the bitcoin gold.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
ssb883

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:22:13 PM

Hold btc in wallet where you have the priv keys. Then it will have btg (bitcoin gold) same amount on how many btc that you have.

However there is some catch here. Something need to look out.

I read somewhere there is no replay protection for bitcoin gold, and or same as with bitcoin segwit2x.

It means spend the bitcoin gold and it would be like you already spend your BTC.

So for me I will wait for some time after the fork before I make any transactions.

Especially if I sell BTG.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:43:06 PM

I personally do not know what will happen with a hard fork now if we hold the bitcoin we have,
either will get bitcoin gold or not at all,
maybe we can get some news by waiting for replies from someone who has the capacity to answer the question you are asking now.
but I would argue that this would be the same as the bitcoincash split
In fact no one so clear about it, i think that we should wait for some time and can get some information about the hardfork. I personally think that there will not such effect on bitcoin price and therefore i think that even holding bitcoin at that time will be a good decision, i myelf not going to sell my bitcoin but will continue holding it even at the time of hardfork and not going to sell it.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:49:51 PM

In the typical scenerio as the fork earlier this year of the BitcoinCash.
You will get a resulting value of BitcoinGold equivalent to the amount of Bitcoin held in your wallet at the time the snapshot for the fork is taken.
More so, it needs to be a wallet you have the private keys, so as to access the new coins.
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:55:31 PM

I'm sure Bitcoin gold will happen, but if it does you shouldn't keep doing that where you look to double up your bitcoins because this is at a loss of privacy. If blockchain spies wanted to see your txns they can.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:07:40 PM

I didn't find any wallet saying they will support bitcoin gold. If the fork is on less than two weeks it seems that it will have few support from wallets and exchanges. I suppose that price of bitcoin gold will be very low.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: