Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally Ripple is suing R3  (Read 591 times)
Lovetrading (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:16:01 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/ripple-labs-enters-legal-dispute-with-r3/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

I think this is good for Ripple price if they can win the case
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:32:52 AM

Ripple Labs Inc and R3 Hondco LLC filed lawsuits against each other on Friday.

they both sued each other and it is not related to the technology itself.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1054
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:34:34 AM

Ripple Labs Inc and R3 Hondco LLC filed lawsuits against each other on Friday.

they both sued each other and it is not related to the technology itself.

I'd rather stay away from currencies that are highly oriented around a bunch of people.
It was one of the reason why we ditched fiat.

anon4250158

Activity: 266
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:35:24 AM

I had such high hopes for Ripple three years ago when I first got into crypto, but it really hasn't moved like I had hoped until this last May (granted it does have a huge circulating supply compared to most coins).  Maybe a win here will be the kick it needs.
Lovetrading (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:10:56 AM

I know Ripple doesn't get much support among traders here. However, maybe I am just lucky, but I have small position from last month. I bough at 12c, now its 20c, I am very happy with that. It actually went higher, but I am holding, otherwise, i would have made 100% in about 30 days. Is this bad???  I just have a feeling about it.
Lovetrading (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:17:31 AM

I had such high hopes for Ripple three years ago when I first got into crypto, but it really hasn't moved like I had hoped until this last May (granted it does have a huge circulating supply compared to most coins).  Maybe a win here will be the kick it needs.

Hang on there. R3 Made 2000% since last September.  You must got into it at the wrong time. I believe it's still a strong BUY for me at 20c. The best is yet to come.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:23:55 AM

Ripple is a strong coin, but, in the long run. Over the past month you could make a good profit on it. It is not very convenient for short speculations, but when you store it for a long time, you definitely get a big profit. This is my personal opinion.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:55:25 AM

Ripple is a strong coin, but, in the long run. Over the past month you could make a good profit on it. It is not very convenient for short speculations, but when you store it for a long time, you definitely get a big profit. This is my personal opinion.

I was into ripple when you could earn them by leasing cpu cycles for distributed computing good causes. I managed to build up quite a few (I think about 5k). However the closed nature of Ripple put me off and the shenanigans around the Ripple wallet disappearing and having to use third party wallets that came and went was the final straw. Still, I found people on xrpchat helpful and friendly.

Cashing out was a total headache - however I wish I had waited until the big pump earlier this year before I did it! 
Jibit

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:09:43 AM

I dont known. I'm still hold my ripple from giveaway and feel bad when don sell it when it hit 0.5$
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:12:00 AM

i will monitor the news from ripple
if ripple wins, i think it will be a good moment to buy a ripple

Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:16:34 AM

Cases are always a disadvantage to projects. Whether they are the one suing or the one defending, there will always be trouble with cases. The time that would supposed to be spent for the development of the project will be transferred to the attending of trials and other related activities with the case. Such waste of time. I hope Ripple will win the case quickly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
redkey

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:40:49 AM

I was into ripple when you could earn them by leasing cpu cycles for distributed computing good causes. I managed to build up quite a few (I think about 5k). However the closed nature of Ripple put me off and the shenanigans around the Ripple wallet disappearing and having to use third party wallets that came and went was the final straw. Still, I found people on xrpchat helpful and friendly.

Cashing out was a total headache - however I wish I had waited until the big pump earlier this year before I did it! 

and do you think it can go around 1usd if ripple will work with china/alibaba?
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:21:11 AM

Funny how Banks (R3) and Ripple know exactly how much a XRP is worth ($0.0085 USD) the next few years. Thats why contract was singed.
Only noobs here are totally detached from reality.

No xrp has been added to circulating supply since August 5 ??. It is on the way to become a pyramid game reselling the same xrp over and over until biggest fool is found. Massive amount (61.65%) still need to find buyer, in compensation 21.15% of Bitcoins need to be mined and sold.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:42:11 AM

Not sure why this would affect price at all.

Ripple regularly releases a billion coins into circulation. Just since the beginning of last September they released over 3 billion more coins. These US legal cases take years sometimes, so likely 10 billion or more will be released before the case is decided. Another 10 billion during the appeal.

If R3 wins the profit is just split between Ripple and R3. No difference.
Specterminate

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:09:23 PM

R3 is in the dumpster. They already gave up on the entire thing cause they had no idea what they are doing to start with
JP Morgan probably had a talk with them and noticed their stupidity, which is why they ultimately left 3-5 months ago
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: