Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:06:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine new coin: VoteCoin - equihash, very low difficulty now  (Read 34568 times)
PaulusDixit

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:18:53 PM

I was trying to setup a pool until I couldn't connect.

Please advice, pool would then be ready to go! It's a tryout for me as well.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:37:57 PM

Why don't you create your own thread in announcements, with all the details and infos?
That's what serious devs usually do.

This is my signature...
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:45:09 PM

This is a new coin, I think the better way should be puy the links for the announce of VoteCoin, if you do so, the miner could know more about the coin and decide to mine or not.

This coin is not listed in the exchanges, so that will be a drawback for the current stage of VoteCoin. If you want to ICO, the better way is listing the coin in the small exchanges.
coldstorage

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:47:30 PM

I've been running almost 30 minutes with no connections made.  Any advice?
coldstorage

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:04:52 AM

I ran it for 3 hours before restarting again, never connected or showed sol/s.  I checked the votecoin.conf, everything was as it should be.  I set up zcash and hush before this the same way, no problem with those.  Only instruction I didn't follow from the readme was to launch as ./src/votecoind, because they don't appear to have renamed the files yet.  zcashd and zcash-cli filenames appear to still be in use.  But launching zcashd still brings up a votecoin themed daemon:

Not really sure what else to try, but suggestions are welcome.  I might reinstall it tomorrow.  Bummed to miss out on the early blocks before all the monster GPU rigs come in and dominate.
abrake

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:37:54 AM

I'm having the same problem as coldstorage. I ran zcashd -debug (the binaries weren't renamed to votecoin) and found the following error:

connect() to 37.157.195.61:8144 failed after select(): Connection refused (111)

Maybe it's some sort of network problem  Huh
coldstorage

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:53:48 AM

I'm having the same problem as coldstorage. I ran zcashd -debug (the binaries weren't renamed to votecoin) and found the following error:

connect() to 37.157.195.61:8144 failed after select(): Connection refused (111)

Maybe it's some sort of network problem  Huh

Thanks for posting, I googled that error for a while, found someone suggesting renaming peers.dat (to .old, for example, while the daemon isn't running, when you run again, it will regenerate the file) in the hidden .votecoin directory where the .conf file is.  Didn't work for me, but I also found a bunch of debug errors relating to tor.  I think I might have some sort of iptables problem, and after searching on that, I just got a headache.  That stuff is over my head, but maybe the peers thing will work for you?  Good luck.
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 05:59:04 AM

Thank you all who participate in mining.

If you had connection problems yesterday, it was completely my fault, I am sorry for that.
I shut down the seed node and forgot to add other nodes to dnsseed (DNS settings).
Due to that, you could not connect, because the only IP address returned from DNS was offline.

I am really sad about this because I realize that lots of you tried to fix the problem and wasted several hours. Sad

Please try again now, the problem is fixed.

-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
abrake

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:28:03 AM

If you had connection problems yesterday, it was completely my fault, I am sorry for that.
I shut down the seed node and forgot to add other nodes to dnsseed (DNS settings).
Due to that, you could not connect, because the only IP address returned from DNS was offline.

I am really sad about this because I realize that lots of you tried to fix the problem and wasted several hours. Sad

-Tom

Thanks, it's working for me now!
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:56:03 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 02:00:44 PM by votecoin.site

Somebody has set up a pool with 2.5% fee.
It is not our official VoteCoin pool, but since we don't have own pool yet, you may try it.
http://votecoinmine.site

For example, if you have Nvidia GPU cards, you may use EWBF's miner like this:

miner.exe --pec --server votecoinmine.site --port 3032 --user YourVoteCoinTaddress --pass x

Warning! use at your own risk, may not function properly or may not pay you your reward.

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
coldstorage

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:06:07 PM

-Tom

Mine works as well, thanks Smiley
chainsawgeek

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:30:01 PM

It is not our official VoteCoin pool, but since we don't have own pool yet, you may try it.

miner.exe --pec --server votecoinmine.site --port 3032 --user YourVoteCoinTaddress --pass x

Warning! use at your own risk, may not function properly or may not pay you your reward.

I've noticed there is a disclaimer on your message indicating there is a mining pool available.

I've started mining there but noticed that all my tokens are kept as "immature". Do you have any more info regarding this one? do you think I should trust this pool?

If not, is there a way of solo mining with GPU right now?

Thanks!
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

I've noticed there is a disclaimer on your message indicating there is a mining pool available.

I've started mining there but noticed that all my tokens are kept as "immature". Do you have any more info regarding this one? do you think I should trust this pool?

If not, is there a way of solo mining with GPU right now?

Thanks!

Me too, facing problem with pool. I will try solo mining later. Actually just setup rpc details in conf file will do.

megacrypto

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

if anyone wants to setup a pool I could help getting Znomp running for them ( for a small fee )  ... I'm testing VOT on znomp right now and just mined the first block .... waiting for the payout

if you want to check it out:

http://megacrypto.servebeer.com:8186

this will only show you the website but you wont be able to mine (don't have the mining ports open for public)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER