Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine new coin: VoteCoin - equihash, very low difficulty now  (Read 34573 times)
ianj

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:06:30 PM

----- Noob Alert -----

Preface: I'm new to mining, have never used anything other than NiceHash which is just meh

Question: I have a CPU which is just lying around with free electricity so I thought I'll give VoteCoin a try - the idea looks interesting Smiley I've downloaded the wallet, unzipped it, generated wallet address and so on. Also kept running votecoind in the background.

Now my question is Can I even mine with a CPU? How do I actually start mining? Do I need to download any other miner software and point it to some pool?

Thanks in advance.

Practically, no! 2-7 sol is often quoted (votecoind can mine but ..)- the network hash is currently > 700 K - you might get 1 coin every now and again
rohitm

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

----- Noob Alert -----

Preface: I'm new to mining, have never used anything other than NiceHash which is just meh

Question: I have a CPU which is just lying around with free electricity so I thought I'll give VoteCoin a try - the idea looks interesting Smiley I've downloaded the wallet, unzipped it, generated wallet address and so on. Also kept running votecoind in the background.

Now my question is Can I even mine with a CPU? How do I actually start mining? Do I need to download any other miner software and point it to some pool?

Thanks in advance.

Practically, no! 2-7 sol is often quoted (votecoind can mine but ..)- the network hash is currently > 700 K - you might get 1 coin every now and again

Thanks for your reply. Lets say if not for earning but for education - how do I go from here? Do I need to download any other miner?

Cryptopriest

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:53:05 PM

If you gonna mine with one cpu that runs your node, put
Code:
gen=1
line at the end of your .conf file. Its not officially stated, but i believe you can also put
Code:
genproclimit=X
line in it to set X number of threads (cpu cores) to mine with, -1 for max.

Restart your node, and that should do it. Note that i havent tested this because, as others said, its very inefficient to mine Votecoin with cpu.

For mining with two or more cpus, you need to pick mining pool and CPU mining software for Equihash - these are maybe more optimized.
pfft

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:50:48 PM

Anyone can show us for nvidia the bat file how it`s need to be ?
fnzv

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:03:07 PM

If you use EWBF miner:
miner.exe --server pool.votecoin.site --user YOUR-WALLET --pass z --port 3333 --pec
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:20:04 AM

If you use EWBF miner:
miner.exe --server pool.votecoin.site --user YOUR-WALLET --pass z --port 3333 --pec

Also, if you want to control each GPU and mine on say just 3 GPU's out of 6.
Code:
miner --server pool.votecoin.site --user wallet.worker --pass x --port 3333 --cuda_devices 0 1 2 --pec

Switch pec with api to use the web browser stats.
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:57:15 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 02:15:31 AM by boo50

Hey, guys? what happening with pool? i turned on some workers.. about 320ksol, and cant see my statistic :-)
what a bastard, you almost shutdown official pool
our pool has another diff adjustment, well suited for nicehash rent, you'll get less orphans.
It will be interesting experiment to split your power in two pools and check reward after 24h of mining.

votecoinmine.site

But is it worth at that diff?
Don't you consider to buy coins from devs on ICO?
Especially if ICO will not sold out, you'll get a huge bonus.

votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:35:16 AM

There are some issues, due to migration of the coinserver.

After rescanning unshielding still didn't work. So balances are kinda locked.

I'd like to transfer all the funds, that are pending to be paid. But some balances keep being immature for some reason. (And I really don't want to transfer everything manually, as you might imagine.)

Could someone confirm if the pool still works if an amount is just unshielded without the pool administering it?
Basically, all balances should be mature now, since your last block found was long time ago. Maturing block takes 100 more blocks only. I guess those are just marked as immature, but are OK to be sent.

There are several problems with the z-nomp software which needs to be addressed for proper operation.
First of all, you need to fix unshielding limit, it is hardcoded in z-nomp to 100 VOT, but block reward is 125, so that stupid limit doubles the time needed to unshield coins. Setting the limit to 1000 works just fine.
Next thing is that minConf is set to 10 in config, which seems too high to me, so each shielding then waits 10 blocks before unshielding, and each unshielding then wait another 10 blocks before money can be paid. So you may consider lowering minConf to 3.
Finally, z-nomp is sometimes experiencing problems while waiting for z-transaction to complete (while it already completed long time ago). So this needs to be addressed too. You may need to restart z-nomp from time to time or fix it permanently by modifying sources to disable waiting for finished tx (not recommended in your particular case)

I am not sure if the z-nomp software continues properly sending out the payments even if the pool has no miners. But it should since the payouts are scheduled by time.

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:36:28 AM

What is the synchronization error in my wallet?  Huh

This is fine. Just close it with Ctrl+C and start again. It is properly synced, just wrongly displayed.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:37:57 AM

Hey, guys? what happening with pool? i turned on some workers.. about 320ksol, and cant see my statistic :-)
We noticed this too. The cause of the problem is unknown. All miners were still registered successfully, mining was OK, just the website didn't load so fast. After restarting z-nomp the problem was fixed. Really not sure why was that. It is always a problem to debug things on a third party software...

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:40:05 AM

Windows wallet does not support mining. Nevertheless, you can't use the wallet to mine on the pool anyway. So, your solution is this:
find a third party software which can mine equihash algorithm on CPU. It doesn't matter what coin, all equihash-based coins will work, including VoteCoin. Simply download that software and run it with appropriate parameters to connect to the pool.

whoisthismanoO

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:55:30 AM

This is fine. Just close it with Ctrl+C and start again. It is properly synced, just wrongly displayed.
thanks for the answer, yes it's got
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:58:19 AM

I will try this on Windows 7 x64. When will you release GUI wallet for x64?
The text-mode wallet runs in 64bit windows too.
GUI wallet for Windows will be developed and released only after our last milestone is reached.
If we never reach it, we will try to find other funding sources, but no guarantees.

sohard4me

Activity: 125

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:08:41 AM

How is the coin doing now in term of profitability?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Infinex  ✔  Masternode  ✔  Decentralised ✔ Instant Send   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN US AT DISCORD    ★    ✔ ACTIVE DISCUSSION  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN TELEGRAM MASTERNODE ONLINE  MNRANK  TWITTER  CRYPTOBRIDGE   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PaulusDixit

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:18:42 AM

1 KSol/s should get you about 43 VOT per 24h at the current hashrate. (850 KSol/s) Maybe I'm a bit off, but this is kinda what it is currently.
PaulusDixit

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:21:16 AM

Basically, all balances should be mature now, since your last block found was long time ago. Maturing block takes 100 more blocks only. I guess those are just marked as immature, but are OK to be sent.

There are several problems with the z-nomp software which needs to be addressed for proper operation.
First of all, you need to fix unshielding limit, it is hardcoded in z-nomp to 100 VOT, but block reward is 125, so that stupid limit doubles the time needed to unshield coins. Setting the limit to 1000 works just fine.
Next thing is that minConf is set to 10 in config, which seems too high to me, so each shielding then waits 10 blocks before unshielding, and each unshielding then wait another 10 blocks before money can be paid. So you may consider lowering minConf to 3.
Finally, z-nomp is sometimes experiencing problems while waiting for z-transaction to complete (while it already completed long time ago). So this needs to be addressed too. You may need to restart z-nomp from time to time or fix it permanently by modifying sources to disable waiting for finished tx (not recommended in your particular case)

I am not sure if the z-nomp software continues properly sending out the payments even if the pool has no miners. But it should since the payouts are scheduled by time.
I'll look into it this weekend.
boo50

Activity: 472

lux8.net

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:48:46 AM

1 KSol/s should get you about 43 VOT per 24h at the current hashrate. (850 KSol/s) Maybe I'm a bit off, but this is kinda what it is currently.

Here are correct calculation
it depends not on hashrate, but on diff

it's a around 80 coins/day with the diff 16k (last few blocks have 15500-15800 diff) for 1ksol
I put 2000sat price, so you can estimate a reward.

naeme18720

Activity: 290

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:57:39 AM

this translition complete or no???

Code:
miner@ubuntu:~/Votecoin$ ./src/votecoin-cli z_sendmany t1KAXCWiVvqiu8C53N8gyH5dfjWDa5vSykY '[{"address": "t1XVTU6sbAsorzuvuXuzFqwy1FRUwYwQniR", "amount": 8}]' 1 0
opid-f793b8fd-f1f1-4c3a-868c-23e636d1a332
miner@ubuntu:~/Votecoin$ ./src/votecoin-cli z_getoperationresult
[
  {
    "id": "opid-f793b8fd-f1f1-4c3a-868c-23e636d1a332",
    "status": "success",
    "creation_time": 1506678205,
    "result": {
      "txid": "95722894336214c40b217310ece86f4f5bc21ec1c9ccb30bd3b82ef1d0b42dad"
    },
    "execution_secs": 0.01571807,
    "method": "z_sendmany",
    "params": {
      "fromaddress": "t1KAXCWiVvqiu8C53N8gyH5dfjWDa5vSykY",
      "amounts": [
        {
          "address": "t1XVTU6sbAsorzuvuXuzFqwy1FRUwYwQniR",
          "amount": 8
        }
      ],
      "minconf": 1,
      "fee": 0
    }
  }
]
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:10:23 AM

You can use the explorer

https://NibiruPool.com
ianj

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:12:41 AM

I will try this on Windows 7 x64. When will you release GUI wallet for x64?
The text-mode wallet runs in 64bit windows too.
GUI wallet for Windows will be developed and released only after our last milestone is reached.
If we never reach it, we will try to find other funding sources, but no guarantees.
"only after .. "
Is that the 100 BTC (Linux) or 200 BTC (Windows/MAC) milestone

By that i mean .. have you progressed towards the goal or are you waiting for funding before initiating the next phase ..

The wallet is not my concern .. the voting mechanism/functionality is .. Does that start at 100 BTC ? Has that started already ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: