Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinorama.net - BTC markets & network charts + blocks list  (Read 23998 times)
razibuzouzou (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 251

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:08:42 PM

Hi,

I just upgraded some components of the website, please hit Ctrl+R or F5.

There are two changes for the users :
  • 2-weeks view has been replaced with a 1-month view
  • automatic refresh delay has been decreased from 6 to 5 seconds

Other changes are behind the scenes and should slightly improve your experience Smiley

Expect another update this week-end, comments and ideas are welcome !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:16:35 PM

Hi,

I just upgraded some components of the website, please hit Ctrl+R or F5.

There are two changes for the users :
  • 2-weeks view has been replaced with a 1-month view
  • automatic refresh delay has been decreased from 6 to 5 seconds

Other changes are behind the scenes and should slightly improve your experience Smiley

Expect another update this week-end, comments and ideas are welcome !

Great job, keep it up! But I was refreshing when you did that! (Really)  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:23:35 PM

Thanks Smiley
When I restart my data engine, the requests are temporarily rejected (I haven't found a better plan yet).
Have you seen a message on the webpage telling you an error occured and that the site was probably being upgraded ?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:24:10 PM

Thanks Smiley
When I restart my data engine, the requests are temporarily rejected (I haven't found a better plan yet).
Have you seen a message on the webpage telling you an error occured and that the site was probably being upgraded ?

Yes and when I saw the "upgraded" message I thought "What are the chances this happens right now?" I mean I checked it for 20 seconds today - right then...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 10:09:54 AM

Hi all,

The service has just been upgraded Smiley
Many things packed in this new version :
  • Added BTC-e exchange (I used to have some troubles with their API, turned out I was using it wrong  Undecided) ;
  • Added a setting for merging rate and Bids/Asks ratio in a single chart ;
  • Bandwidth reduction for the order book ;
  • Decreased refresh delay to 4 seconds (I am slowly decreasing it as long as the server can handle it) ;
  • Improved tick display for large values, now adding a K or M suffix for 1000s and 1000000s) ;
  • Reduced margins of legends (they still hide the data sometimes, I'll try to address that soon).

As usual, there are also a couple of changes behind the scene. This time, I focused on reliability and stability of the data engine Smiley

Regards
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:19:38 AM

This is an awesome site -- I love how it looks! Any chance of releasing clones of this for other coins as well (Alt/BTC)?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 05:23:12 PM

This is an awesome site -- I love how it looks! Any chance of releasing clones of this for other coins as well (Alt/BTC)?

Thanks ! Yeah, I plan to add Litecoin support. Probably, by the end of this summer  Cheesy
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:25:51 PM

Thanks ! Yeah, I plan to add Litecoin support. Probably, by the end of this summer  Cheesy

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 09:00:22 AM

The Kraken exchange is organizing a trading tournament to test its infrastructure.
Thus, their trading data are off the main market and should not be compared to others.
I put Kraken out of the multiple exchanges display, but its single view is still available for tournament participants.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:41:51 PM

Looking better and better Cheesy I like the "merge price&ask/bid ratio" option.

Still think it would be nice if there would be the option to *sum* the exchange data. With the current mtgox dominance, that probably means the resulting graph will only be slightly different from the mtgox chart alone, but it'll become more useful as mtgox loses market share. Mainly the combination chart of price + bid/ask ratio would be very useful to see summed up (weighted by volume, obviously).

EDIT: wait, one thing: is there a chance to store the user choices (time frame, choices under settings) in a cookie? Whenever I re-open the site, it goes back to default view (1h interval, show moving averages). Don't know if fiddling around with cookies is non-trivial or not :/

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 11:35:42 AM

Looking better and better Cheesy I like the "merge price&ask/bid ratio" option.

Still think it would be nice if there would be the option to *sum* the exchange data. With the current mtgox dominance, that probably means the resulting graph will only be slightly different from the mtgox chart alone, but it'll become more useful as mtgox loses market share. Mainly the combination chart of price + bid/ask ratio would be very useful to see summed up (weighted by volume, obviously).

EDIT: wait, one thing: is there a chance to store the user choices (time frame, choices under settings) in a cookie? Whenever I re-open the site, it goes back to default view (1h interval, show moving averages). Don't know if fiddling around with cookies is non-trivial or not :/

Thanks again for your nice feedbacks and comments !
I plan to implement those features (exchange data sum + cookies) this week-end, it will mark the first month anniversary of Coinorama Smiley
BitcoinMoxy

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

BitcoinMoxy.com

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 04:33:02 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 04:44:00 PM by BitcoinMoxy

Added Coinorama to BitcoinMoxy.com in section Charts & Stats.

What settings do you use for your moving averages?

BitcoinMoxy.com - Your Gateway into the World of Bitcoin for Newcomers, Day Traders, Advertisers.
Service updates: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254631.0
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:01:43 AM

yea, thats not hacking. You designed a website. How in the world can you call it hacking?

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:05:20 PM

yea, thats not hacking. You designed a website. How in the world can you call it hacking?

Who made you Fuhrer of the grammar nazis? He obviously meant "hacking" in the "coding" sense (which he does, unless you don't consider implementing charting and analysis algorithms coding). See point 4. under "hack", Jargon File a.k.a The Hacker's Dictionary:

4. /vt./ To work on something (typically a program). In an immediate sense: "What are you doing?" "I'm hacking TECO."

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:04:00 PM

Design is a really small part of Coinorama... (actually the whole thing was designed offline, by playing with the Gnuplot software)
Please visit this thread to learn about the birth of this project : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210202.0

What you don't see behind your browser is the whole infrastructure to :
  • fetch data from exchange
  • store and aggregate data to form the different views (1 hour, 1 week, etc.)
  • serve these data so that the website can draw charts

This infrastructure is made of two components : Coinwatcher and Coinrefd.
Coinwatcher fetches and store data from exchanges (actually, one coinwatcher instance per exchange). Currently, it is about 1500 lines of Python code.
Coinrefd receives new data from Coinwatchers and serves them via the web server. Currently, it is about 2500 lines of C code.

Working on such stuff, as oda.krell replied, is named (since the early '80s) : hacking.
If you want to know more, I strongly advise you to read books about the history of Unix, Linux and Free Software Smiley
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:48:40 PM

Maybe add the price for multiple view in big numbers on each exchange so it's easy to see with just a glance.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:21:35 PM

Maybe add the price for multiple view in big numbers on each exchange so it's easy to see with just a glance.

Sure, thanks for the suggestion. I added it to my todo-list Smiley
Man, that's one busy week-end ahead of me !
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 06:39:20 PM

Hi everybody,

Here comes another update for Coinorama !
Changes include :
  • Configuration saving with a cookie
  • Optional merging of the selected exchanges (not fully complete)
  • Improved volume chart when showing multiple exchanges

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to improve the live rate display for multiple exchanges, sorry joesmoe2012  Embarrassed

Enjoy !
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:04:48 AM

Hi,
I just re-enabled Kraken. They were running a trading tournament last week, the data feeds took a couple of days to return to service.
Don't forget  to reload the page so that your browser fetches the updated files.
Greetings !
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 11:18:42 AM

Hi everybody,

I just uploaded a new version of the website with a new feature : the highs and lows of the rate are now displayed.
This feature is enabled by default, but you may turn it off in the Preferences. Don't forget to reload the page in your browser !

A few days ago, Coinorama celebrated its first-month anniversary. It has been an exciting and hard-working month, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I do Smiley
Well, it seems like it as the website currently receives between 150 and 200 unique visits per day !

A quick note about donations. Until now, I have received two donations for a total amount of 95 mBTC, many thanks to the donators !
I really count on your generosity to help me pay hosting fees, I hope we can achieve that goal by the end of this summer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: