Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MMORPG Development -- Crypto Integration Options??  (Read 1120 times)
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:43:07 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 03:27:58 AM by Beerwizzard

Why can't you just make some kind of ingame marketplace where people could auction their gold? And why are you giong to set fixed amount of coins? Seems like it may cause different kind of speculations that will kill the game process. For example if piece of armor cost 5 gold but there will be no coins available to grind from mobs then it will kill the game. Even if you crypto could only be gathered during the long  perioud of time (like bitcoin mining) there might be some problems if too many players will plsy your game. Like you woll farm 0.0001 gold per hour while vendors still have their fixed price of 5g per armor.
TwoCorn

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 01:18:59 PM

I've had a long-time interest in creating a game, but don't have the time, resources, or technical abilities to do it myself. Having said that, as a player of games and having some interest in cryptos, I can offer some of the things I would like to see in a game.

One thing I have always been interested in is a game with a real and completely closed economy. An economy that grows and changes according to how the players play and what events transpire within the game world. I always thought an in-game crypto would provide a great basis for that. You could code the coin to the specifications that you need for the game without worrying so much about real-world needs.

But, of course, for the crypto to have real value outside the game, which is what you're looking for, there has to be some link to the outside world. And I'm not sure what that does to the in-game economy that I'm talking about.

I had thought of maybe pegging creation of new coins to in-game activities like crafting. I'm specifically thinking of 'mining' in game terms (mining a resource like gold) and linking that with the 'mining' of actual cryptocoins. Or rewarding exploration of new lands in a procedurally-generated style game with newly minted coins. Thus the economy grows according to player activities and market conditions in-game.

These ideas may not be very helpful for you. Just some thoughts on a really interesting project. I'll keep an eye on your progress, I'd be interested to help out as a beta tester or in any other capacity.

Great idea, good luck!

CryptoCopywriting.com
I write content and direct response copy for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
Website   BitcoinTalk    Twitter  Steemit
ArkanGames (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:06:29 PM

I've had a long-time interest in creating a game, but don't have the time, resources, or technical abilities to do it myself. Having said that, as a player of games and having some interest in cryptos, I can offer some of the things I would like to see in a game.

One thing I have always been interested in is a game with a real and completely closed economy. An economy that grows and changes according to how the players play and what events transpire within the game world. I always thought an in-game crypto would provide a great basis for that. You could code the coin to the specifications that you need for the game without worrying so much about real-world needs.

But, of course, for the crypto to have real value outside the game, which is what you're looking for, there has to be some link to the outside world. And I'm not sure what that does to the in-game economy that I'm talking about.

I had thought of maybe pegging creation of new coins to in-game activities like crafting. I'm specifically thinking of 'mining' in game terms (mining a resource like gold) and linking that with the 'mining' of actual cryptocoins. Or rewarding exploration of new lands in a procedurally-generated style game with newly minted coins. Thus the economy grows according to player activities and market conditions in-game.

These ideas may not be very helpful for you. Just some thoughts on a really interesting project. I'll keep an eye on your progress, I'd be interested to help out as a beta tester or in any other capacity.

Great idea, good luck!

These are very nice ideas. We would surely think more on this and see if something like this or near to this can be implemented.
We would be making a slack or something community soon and start sharing our current plans and progress.
Do keep looking in here in few weeks from now.
Regards.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: