Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Static Pressure? How to maintain?  (Read 621 times)
BitcoinIntern (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:45:28 PM

Hello Guys,

A lot of the videos on the web mention static pressure. Can someone provide links or additional information about what needs to be maintained in terms of the pressure please? Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:34:36 PM

How to maintain *where*? Generally this comes up when folks try to replace the fans on a miner to make them quieter... DOES NOT WORK!
The fan used on s7 and s9 are rated to give a max pressure of 1.45 inches of water (360Pa). Sanyo Denki fans Typical much quieter PC fans are lucky to produce 0.5" of static pressure.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BitcoinIntern (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:33:11 PM

I should have mentioned where....I am planning to create a hot and cold aisle and I have read and seen on some videos that I will have to maintain a static pressure. So the question is more so for the overall room.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:34:40 PM

Ah. They are referring more to differential pressure between the 2 sides. Ideally the exhaust side (hot aisle) will be at a lower pressure than the cold side feeding air into the miners. If it isn't then the miner fans have to fight even more resistance. Depending on the cold side air temp yeeeessss..... the miner fans might be able to cope but still the end result is that the miners will run a bit hotter.

To measure that pressure difference in either inches or mm of water, just Google DIY manometer for how to make one. Very very basic and simple... Is just a few feet of clear flexible tubing and a ruler.

Also do a search for the sites by schneider electric and also APC. Both have divisions that build data centers and both have many papers on airflow management. And cooling needs/methods. And power distribution. And.... Well you get the picture. Just search their sites for it.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:20:42 AM

Hmmm...I thought  that the static pressure issue is really only an INTERNAL thing of the MINER itself...
You really don't can't play around with this..you will replace any dead fans only and they will be factory spec.
Pressure control is built in and maintained by the miner itself...though software can sometimes give you more control on the fans thus yes influence the STATIC pressure.

Don't confuse this with the AMBIENT air pressure of the room or any aisles you create.
The static pressure INSIDE the miner has almost no relation to the above.

You only need focus on CFM Cubic Feet/Minute....of each unit..dissipate the large volume of hot air the miner will be discharging.

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:57:50 AM

High static pressure is caused when a fan blows into a restricted airflow path (like the tight heatsinks on an S7 or S9).

It takes more power to overcome that static pressure, and generally requires special fan design to work well in a high static pressure environment.

You do not want to "maintain" a static pressure.

Static pressure is also sometimes referred to as "back pressure", since it is a form of pressure that "pushes back" against airflow.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:23:08 PM

I should have mentioned where....I am planning to create a hot and cold aisle and I have read and seen on some videos that I will have to maintain a static pressure. So the question is more so for the overall room.
He is talking about the pressure differential between hot and cold aisles - NOT the inside of the miner cases.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: