Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/LTC/FTC VanityAddress Generator!!  (Read 1534 times)
redlight (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:26:22 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 04:00:32 AM by John (John K.)

After months of hard work, VanityAddress is complete!!  You can download vanityaddress by clicking [Moderator note: Careful of viruses!]
VanityAddress is a command-line vanity bitcoin address generator.

If you're tired of the random, cryptic addresses generated by regular bitcoin clients, you can use vanityAddress to create a more personalized address.  Add unique flair when you tell people to send bitcoins to 1stDownqyMHHqnDPRSfiZ5GXJ8Gk9dbjL.  Alternatively, vanitygen can be used to generate random addresses offline.

Vanitygen accepts as input a pattern, or list of patterns to search for, and produces a list of addresses and private keys.  Vanitygen's search is probabilistic, and the amount of time required to find a given pattern depends on how complex the pattern is, the speed of your computer, and whether you get lucky.
It offers a complete user friendly interface for creating vanity Feathercoin Addresses & Private Keys:

Screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/0GU2CQT.png

Windows Installer.exe Complete package for generating Vanity Feathercoin addresses & Private Keys (includes vanitygen.exe & vanitygen64.exe source vanitygen source code here):
FTCVanity_v1.10.exe

FTCVanity Source:
Github

Guide To Importing generated private keys:

To import a valid private key, simply start the Feathercoin client as usual and then navigate to:

Help >> Debug Window >> Console

And enter the following command:

Code: [Select]
importprivkey "your private key here" [Your Label Here]

Press enter and once it has been verified with the blockchain you will then have your own personal Vanity address!  

Like so:
https://i.imgur.com/dHl3nA0.png

NOTE:The wallet must be unencrypted to import the new address, once imported the wallet can then be encrypted!
If your wallet is currently encrypted then simply follow user:Ghostlander's guide below:

Quote from: ghostlander on May 24, 2013, 10:23:49 PM
If a wallet is encrypted, type in the console before importing a private key:

Code: [Select]
walletpassphrase YourPassword Seconds

Unlocks the wallet for a number of seconds specified, continue with importprivkey as usual.
dumpprivkey shows it for a given address, proceed as above for encrypted wallets.

If I stop vanitygen when it reports 60% complete, how do I have it restart where it left off?

You don't need to.  The percentage displayed just shows how probable it is that a match would be found in the session so far.  If it finds your address with 5% on the display, you are extremely lucky.  If it finds your address with 92% on the display, you are unlucky.  If you stop vanitygen with 90% on the display, restart it, and it finds your address with 2% on the display, your first session was unlucky, but your second session was lucky.

When I double-click on vanitygen, a black window appears for a split-second and disappears, what do I do?

Currently, vanitygen only runs on the command line, and does not have a graphical user interface.  To use vanitygen, you need to open a command line window and change to the directory where you extracted the vanitygen program.  An easy way to do this in Windows 7, hold down the shift key, right-click on the folder where you unzipped vanitygen, and select "Open command window here."  Then, you can type the vanitygen command at the prompt.

Can I use vanitygen to find someone else's private key from their bitcoin address?

Yes.  Vanitygen is a cryptographic brute-forcing application, and can be used to search for a complete address.  However, you will be unhappy with the amount of time required for it to find a match.

How do I report a bug?  What do I do if it crashes?

Post to this thread, send me a PM, or send me an email!  Please run vanitygen with the -v flag for verbose output, and please include the console output in your report.

How do I build vanitygen from source?

Please refer to the file INSTALL in the source distribution.

What key search rate can I expect from hardware X?

Detailed list forthcoming.  Some ballpark estimates are listed below.

Dual-core desktop CPUs, 32-bit mode: 100-250 Kkey/s.
Dual-core desktop CPUs, 64-bit mode: 150-450 Kkey/s.
Quad-core desktop CPUs, 32-bit mode: 200-400 Kkey/s.
Quad-core desktop CPUs, 64-bit mode: 300-750 Kkey/s.

As vanitygen performs a lot of large integer arithmetic, running it in 64-bit mode makes a huge difference in key search rate, easily a 50% improvement over 32-bit mode.  If you are using a 64-bit edition of Windows, and not using a GPU, be sure to use vanitygen64.exe.

In custom builds, CPU performance will be less than expected if the OpenSSL library is an older version (<1.0.0d) or is not built with the appropriate optimizations enabled.

General formulas for expected performance on GPUs

NVIDIA GeForce 96xx, 98xx, GT 1xx, GT 2xx, GTX 2xx (G90/GT200):
Key/s = (CUDA Cores) x (Shader MHz) x 17

AMD Radeon 58xx, 59xx, 67xx, 68xx (VLIW5):
Key/s = (Stream Processors) x (Core MHz) x 20.1

AMD Radeon 69xx (VLIW4):
Key/s = (Stream Processors) x (Core MHz) x 13.6

AMD GCN, NVIDIA Fermi/Kepler: Please contribute some numbers!

Unfortunately, AMD VLIW4 does not perform as well as VLIW5 with the same number of cores/clocks.  Oclvanitygen is sensitive to integer multiply throughput, and VLIW5 can multiply concurrently with other operations, whereas multiply consumes all four ALUs in VLIW4.  At similar clocks, a hobbled Radeon 5830 will outperform a Radeon 6970.

I have a lot of compute power, and want to make vanity addresses for others.  How do I do it?

The difficulty with this is convincing your customer that, once you provide them with a vanity address, you do not have a copy of their private key.  Some methods of doing this have been discussed on the forum, and vanitygen currently supports one of them.  To generate an address securely, your customer generates a private key, and provides you with the public key part.  You use this public key as part of the address search, and when you find a match, you provide them with a partial private key.  The customer then adds the partial private key to their private key to get the vanity address.  Because the customer never disclosed their part of the private key, only they have access to the complete private key.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:39:42 PM

This is a really awesome program! I just created an address called "1BitchLCFBEASS7Yjx1yUTPWVZ3PcNLmYq3HbS

Hehe.

Awesome program. Nicely done
redlight (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:26:22 PM

Glad you guys like it Smiley Feel free to donate
dirtysocks

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:27:30 AM

i get a report of it having a virUs

https://i.imgur.com/Ranjbes.jpg
redlight (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:21:34 AM

i get a report of it having a virUs

https://i.imgur.com/Ranjbes.jpg

No it doesnt have a virus.. Notice for all the good AV's and the ones you pay for it came up completly clean.. and some no name AV's came up as malaware. Run any file through that scanner and you will see what im saying.
Skami

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 07:13:33 AM

Source code would be greatly appreciated and it would also help you fend of virus claims.
It might be included in the .exe but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of releasing the source code.

redlight (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:09:29 PM

Source code would be greatly appreciated and it would also help you fend of virus claims.
It might be included in the .exe but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of releasing the source code.

Im selling the source code for 1 BTC. After 3 months of hard work theres no way im about to give it all out for some other person to steal and release on his own.

There is no virus.. ask those who have used it and posted on this thread. If your still not sure feel free to do a Virus Scan, you will see Im a honest person.
Winterfrost

Activity: 690
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:16:43 PM

Vanitygen by samr7 can also generate addresses for Bitcoin and all the alt-coins. The source code is readily available for that.

The_Catman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:22:44 PM

Im selling the source code for 1 BTC. After 3 months of hard work theres no way im about to give it all out for some other person to steal and release on his own.

There is no virus.. ask those who have used it and posted on this thread. If your still not sure feel free to do a Virus Scan, you will see Im a honest person.

Selling the source code? Hooooo boy. Have fun with that.

acne

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:05:55 PM

Just tried it out and can confirm it works. UI is awesome and its cool watching the addresses generate at 80000 per second! Thanks!
Managed to generate this one for LTC:)
3Ly743LCFAcNe7Yjx1yRo7rdjgPcKillsqallS
redlight (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:24:47 PM

I would like to thank mindtwister for the .2 btc donation, much appreciated!!
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:54:49 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 07:22:34 PM by OpenYourEyes

This looks dodgy as hell. Keep away.

Plus the FAQ has been stolen from the original vanitygen thread, and the OP's post history is just full of one word crap to get a high post count.

If I had to speculate, I'd say the positive reviews have been paid for, or he is an AE. All three accounts were created at the same time.

This is a really awesome program! I just created an address called "1BitchLCFBEASS7Yjx1yUTPWVZ3PcNLmYq3HbS
No you never, that is an invalid Bitcoin address.

Just tried it out and can confirm it works. UI is awesome and its cool watching the addresses generate at 80000 per second! Thanks!
No you never, that is an invalid Litecoin address.

A clean virus scan doesn't mean squat. Virus companies only know about viruses that they have seen which have spread. This one hasn't so obviously it won't be in any database.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3012

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:37:53 PM

A clean virus scan doesn't mean squat. Virus companies only know about viruses that they have seen which have spread. This one hasn't so obviously it won't be in any database.

When it comes to online malware scanning of files, besides VirusTotal, I personally recommend scanning suspicious files with services like Malwr or Anubis. The latter act like sandboxes and open the file, checking what it does.

redlight (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:21:04 AM

This looks dodgy as hell. Keep away.

Plus the FAQ has been stolen from the original vanitygen thread, and the OP's post history is just full of one word crap to get a high post count.

If I had to speculate, I'd say the positive reviews have been paid for, or he is an AE. All three accounts were created at the same time.

No you never, that is an invalid Bitcoin address.

No you never, that is an invalid Litecoin address.

http://94.23.144.159/board.jpg

HAHA! Your not very smart buddy. I have no alt accounts everyone who posted here are REAL people. No we did not "register on the same time" every person whos posted on this thread have registered months, weeks difference.

Also, you said those addresses dont exist? Its a vanity address generator! Meaning you can send the address to anyone and if they send coins to that address it will go to the real one. Do your research before making such false claims.
rtt

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:50:45 AM

Clearly a scam -- you will lose all your coins if you ever use this program.

For the real, proven & often-used open-source vanity address generator see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0

OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:14:40 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 03:30:12 AM by OpenYourEyes

Quote from: redlight

HAHA! Your not very smart buddy. I have no alt accounts everyone who posted here are REAL people. No we did not "register on the same time" every person whos posted on this thread have registered months, weeks difference.

Also, you said those addresses dont exist? Its a vanity address generator! Meaning you can send the address to anyone and if they send coins to that address it will go to the real one. Do your research before making such false claims.

1)Postive review accounts were created with 1 day of each other, two on one day with a short period between them.
You: May 15, 2013, 03:43:51 AM || acne: May 15, 2013, 01:07:06 AM || mindtwister: May 14, 2013, 08:07:42 PM
Retard much?

2) "Mindtwister" managed to download, install, and generate a complicated, albeit non existent, address and post back a reply within a 2 minute space? Really?

3) http://blockchain.info/address/1BitchLCFBEASS7Yjx1yUTPWVZ3PcNLmYq3HbS
"Sorry this is is not a valid bitcoin address"
Quote from: Bitcoin Wiki
Several of the characters inside a Bitcoin address are used as a checksum so that typographical errors can be automatically found and rejected.

4) Litecoin addresses start with an "L" not a "3"

5) Oh. And look what your other "Acne" account first post was:

have been building my own Bitcoin networking API for .Net/WinRT.
Low and behold, would you like to reveal what your "Virus" is made using. .Net/WinRT.

I'll pull out my virtualmachine tomorrow and have a check to which IP/email data is being sent to when your program is run.

Clearly you should do some research before releasing your pathetic VB.NET scams.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
Skami

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:23:12 AM

1)Postive review accounts were created with 1 day of each other, two on one day with a short period between them.
You: May 15, 2013, 03:43:51 AM || acne: May 15, 2013, 01:07:06 AM || mindtwister: May 14, 2013, 08:07:42 PM
Retard much?

2) "Mindtwister" managed to download, install, and generate a complicated, albeit non existent, address and post back a reply within a 2 minute space? Really?

Several of the characters inside a Bitcoin address are used as a checksum so that typographical errors can be automatically found and rejected.

Low and behold, would you like to reveal what your "Virus" is made using. .Net/WinRT.

I'll pull out my virtualmachine tomorrow and have a check to which IP/email data is being sent to when your program is run.

Clearly you should do some research before releasing your pathetic VB.NET scams.
Called it :p
Just another reason not to use anything that isn't open source when it comes down to BTC.

Galahad

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:45:42 AM

Retard much?

You tell 'em, I hope you're right. I'm not sure that "redlight" is a typical name anyone on a Bitcoin forum might choose either, I found that odd..
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:55:18 AM

VIRUS  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: