Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitmastersmain.com legitimate? Noob trying to buy first equipment  (Read 489 times)
cbarbera (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:35:56 PM

Hi All -

So I am interested in jumping into mining and hope to get some of your expert advise.

Im looking to buy an AntMiner S9 and power supply from BitmainMasters.com  Are they Legit?
I have to wire the money first, so I have no recourse if it's a scam.

They offer Antminer S9 13.5TH for $1650 plus an unknown import duty charge I will get from US Customs.  They will ship in about a month.

Really worried about wiring the money and then waiting a month not knowing if it's legit. Huh Huh

Thank you!
Chris
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:34:28 PM

Well I wouldn't trust it at all.
Some topic I found about people having doubts as well https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2100624.0;viewResults
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:44:05 AM

If you want to purchase Bitmain mainers, go straight to their website and not some 3rd party seller: https://shop.bitmain.com/

Here's my past research about that site. Someone was also asking about that site in the past.

Googling bitmain, bitmainmasters.com doesn't appear on my side. What you probably saw is most likely an advertisement.

Doing a bit of research, I'm not sure if it is a scam, but it most likely is. Here's the whois result:
Domain:bitmainmasters.com
Registrar:Network Solutions, LLC.
Registration Date:2017-04-03
Expiration Date:2018-04-03
Updated Date:2017-04-03
@domaindiscreet.com

Looking at the registration email, I think it looks like sort of a disposable email. Though I'm not 100% sure. It also has a video of their "mining operations" on their mainpage, which is a video from 2014. They probably just youtubed "bitcoin mining" then found that video and claimed it was theirs. Also, I couldn't even find reviews of the website, or any posts about it at all on bitcoin/cryptocurrency forums. I would stay away from it.

If you're looking at buying miners, go to the reputable sellers instead.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████