Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you say about his idea?  (Read 973 times)
erez80 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:12:59 PM

Is it even possible? Please read the following conversation and tell me if I'm in front of a fraud or is it legit. I seriously can't believe it is possible.
In short, the guy suggested getting an access to my wallet in order to set some setting (don't know which). Then, I'll put in 0.2btc and after 48h Ill get 0.5btc. Called it part of the mining something. He gets a commission from this activity. Please read it to get the full picture and Ill appreciate your help here.
https://i.imgur.com/foJQPGC.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:25:51 PM

Nope, it's a bad Ponzi scheme attempt at best or he's just trying to lure in gullible people to give him free coins. It is definitely a fraud no matter which way he puts it.
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:39:05 PM

Just ask yourself, how many people have you met in the world that want to give you free money?  That's right, no one who isn't mom or dad!

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
josh.gfell

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

I also think, that this fraud. Free money like a cheese only in a mousetrap. So, always think twice
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:57:54 AM

WELL SHIT..I can BEAT that OFFER...

I WILL OFFER TO STEAL AND SCAM TWICE THAT much...AND GARUNFUCKINGTEE 100% NO MONEY BACK

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
erez80 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:15:15 PM

Agree with you all. Thought maybe I'm missing something.

I appreciate your time.
Thank you
Miningstore

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

Miningstore.com - Mining Rigs and Rig Hosting

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:22:00 PM

Crypto mining is not like that... Crypto mining is just your miner taking data from the blockchain and converting that data into a "hash." Basically, a hash is an advanced form of the zip file, and it cements whatever information that is so that if anyone ever tries to tamper with it, then the system will know immediately of the falsified transaction. The blockchain is the string of transactions from all over the world that trade whatever coin it is that you are mining. Blockchains are not exclusive to crypto but are used far more often by crypto than any other program. So him using your account to transfer funds in and out of doesn't make sense because that isn't making him any money. Also, you don't need to 'configure' a whole lot when setting up your wallet. It's pretty straightforward, so that's fishy. Where did you even meet this guy?

Host your Antminer S9 starting at $82 a unit at www.miningstore.com
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:32:15 AM

That guy is 100% scammer the first lines of your conversations says you have to give him your id and password for him to configure in his shit mining rig, what he actually going to do is to export your private key and after you deposited 0.2 btc he will vanished together with your 0.2 btc send into his own wallet this is probably might happen in this scenario. 
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:51:10 AM

Is it even possible? Please read the following conversation and tell me if I'm in front of a fraud or is it legit. I seriously can't believe it is possible.
In short, the guy suggested getting an access to my wallet in order to set some setting (don't know which). Then, I'll put in 0.2btc and after 48h Ill get 0.5btc. Called it part of the mining something. He gets a commission from this activity. Please read it to get the full picture and Ill appreciate your help here.

its obviously fake and a total scam, why such more people are keep falling to this kind of  modus? no one in this cruel world would give you free money unless your doing it an effort or a  task or in airdrop for example. ive seen many people complaining because they scamed by scammers and it is actually their fault.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:20:33 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 01:22:54 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

<massive snip>
its obviously fake and a total scam, why such more people are keep falling to this kind of modus? no one in this cruel world would give you free money unless your doing it an effort or a  task or in airdrop for example. iI'e seen many people complaining because they scammed by scammers and it is actually their fault.
Because taken as a whole, huge numbers of the General Public can be very naive. Totally clueless in how the world works at even the most basic level.

It only takes a few of them taking the bait hook, line, and sinker every now and then to keep the scammers feeding. In a way ya sorta feel sorry for the rubes that get taken - often for thousands of $$ but mainly ya just want to

And as for the scammers themselves....

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: