Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:10:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US senatorial candidate accepts bitcoin for campaign donations  (Read 398 times)
zycrypto (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

ZyCrypto:Cryptocurrency Daily News /Coins Analysis

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:28:35 PM

Austin Petersen one of the candidates currently contesting for the US senate is now accepting bitcoins for the election campaign donations, Petersen tweeted the post on his twitter account and a link to his bitpay donation page...

Read More => https://zycrypto.com/us-senatorial-candidate-accepts-bitcoin-donation/

Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:33:37 PM

That is to show that Cryptocurrency has come to stay. its never too late to invest in Bitcoin(better late than never)...
BitcoinMuscle

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:41:21 PM

Is good that some people from government see a positive thing in Bitcoin and also use it. This means that in future there will be no problems between bitcoin and government and people can use it anytime, anywhere . I say this because in some countries some banks are blocking your account if you buy/sell bitcoin through them
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:06:28 PM

Rand Paul accepted it when he was running for President, he is also more well known. Although any senator accepting it is good news.

I believe Gary Johnson from the Libertarian Party was accepting Bitcoin in 2016 presidential election. It really isn't a surprise for Libertarians to accept Bitcoin.
Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:24:39 AM

Austin Petersen is a candidate for the US Senate for Missouri. Liberal, firmly believes that Americans should have the right to waive any service or program offered by the government, such as Social Security or Obamacare.
In support of his liberal vision, Petersen offers his supporters a chance to "exclude" the use of cash or credit cards to make campaign donations. Now, as an option, they can donate using bitcoin without the intermediary of financial or governmental institutions.
In order to simplify financial reporting, a payment processor is linked to the campaign site and instantly converts bitcoin donations to dollars. But for Petersen, a former independent presidential candidate, now a candidate for the United States Senate by the Republican party, to make donations through bitcoin has symbolic power: it is part of the march for non-regulation of money.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:38:14 AM

Austin Petersen one of the candidates currently contesting for the US senate is now accepting bitcoins for the election campaign donations, Petersen tweeted the post on his twitter account and a link to his bitpay donation page...

Read More => https://zycrypto.com/us-senatorial-candidate-accepts-bitcoin-donation/

Well, regardless of his political ideologies i'm just glad that there is at least politicians that are interested in using bitcoin, and accepting it. Though it would have been much better if he just accepted bitcoin as it is instead of going through Bitpay.

This opens up an opportunity for peopl eto donate anonymously and from all across the world.

There aren't limiting factors such as geography, with bitcoin. And ultimately that's what makes bitcoin special.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:23:23 PM

It's not bad thing that innovative politicians are interested in bitcoins and even accepting it as donations.
But on the other hand, I think it's one of the worst and least effective ways to spend bitcoins. I can find hundreds or even thousands better ways how to use my btc instead of giving it to politician.

Compradora

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:42:02 PM

It's not bad thing that innovative politicians are interested in bitcoins and even accepting it as donations.
But on the other hand, I think it's one of the worst and least effective ways to spend bitcoins. I can find hundreds or even thousands better ways how to use my btc instead of giving it to politician.

It's not useful for traders of bitcoin, but it's somehow positive for bitcoin anyway. It's getting more wider and wider with this agreements and news happening on the world.

Donators can buy bitcoin for this reason in near future.
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:48:54 PM

It's not useful for traders of bitcoin, but it's somehow positive for bitcoin anyway. It's getting more wider and wider with this agreements and news happening on the world.

Donators can buy bitcoin for this reason in near future.

Yes i think you were right. It is also some kind of advertising bitcoin, although traders or holders wont benefit that news. Well anyway, it is good to hear that, a candidate is using it for a campaign, or maybe it is also part of his advocacy and can spread out the good benefits of bitcoin.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █