Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-qt won't sync!  (Read 5846 times)
Humax (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

The law of the universe!

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:59:47 PM

Hello everybody,

I got a problem here with Bitcoin-qt wallet 0.8.1 which won't fetch new blocks. Stuck at 5900 blocks to go.
Sometimes it is less and sometimes more.
I tried to make a payment yesterday, but it doesn't work.

Anybody got any idea? Last time I made a payment was months ago without any problems.

TIA

Help me feed my hamster! Donate sunflower seeds!
Humax (OP)

The law of the universe!

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:10:15 PM

Backup, remove, re-install, restore?

Thank you for your fast reply. I forgot to mention that it is the same after remove, re-install and restore my backup wallet.

Humax (OP)

The law of the universe!

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:41:56 PM

What bout deleting the blockchain out of Application Data and starting fresh?

Even more! New fresh install on my laptop and replaced the wallet.dat with my backup wallet.  Cheesy
Running for hours already and getting slower and slower.........sometimes even stuck. Undecided
Luckily a restart solves this problem.

Is it just me or is Bitcoin-qt wallet not sufficient anymore to cope with the increase of users and security and becoming crappy?
A few years ago when bitcoins wasn't as popular as now, we don't have to worry much about people trying to hack or steal.

Looks like a sleepless night for me...........hoping....praying....

Humax (OP)

The law of the universe!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:25:24 AM

Great news! New wallet sync was done and everything is working just fine again. Thank God!

I noticed that I had so many different block chain file sizes on my desktop. It has been using many versions of Bitcoin wallet over the years. Maybe that was the problem and deleting blockchains was enough.
But now everything is working on a new clean system. Waiting for sync was really a pain.

I've learned something new today........ Wink

Thank you waldohoover for your help.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:17:58 PM

With less and less "solo miners" and actual "constant online wallets" being used, there are less and less "sources for downloading". This will get worse after the ASIC's come and dominate the market, making pool mining the only option. Also with more and more people using "online and paper" for wallets, instead of using the low-security installed wallets.

They also updated the database to a slightly compressed format. You should be able to delete the older huge database files. I would be willing to bet that the wallet was just having a hard time trying to locate the "less available", but faster and smaller wallet data files.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: