Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elastic(XEL): The Decentralized Supercomputer. The Golem Slayer. MOON.  (Read 8260 times)
Rtxcx

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:34:59 AM

Hello,

have been eyeing XEL for a while while after Golem's disappointing conference.

Glad to find this topic. Betting big on this project. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:40:29 AM

Nice to read an honest, detailed and mostly objective report about an investment oppertunity. I bought XEL too early, OTC at around 0.000195 just days before a FUD campaign which caused a price drop of over 50%. One has to have balls of steals and embrace patience as an investment strategy. Easier said then done...
LamboMoonYacht

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:39:32 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 02:53:23 PM by LamboMoonYacht

I bought XEL too early, OTC at around 0.000195 just days before a FUD campaign

OP also bought XEL during the OTC sales, which is probably why he's shilling it now. Seems all he does these days is shill his bags: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804795.msg19619837#msg19619837

There was no "FUD campaign" against XEL. The notion that anyone would care that much about an unknown shitcoin is laughable. Several people realized XEL is a scam and tried to warn gullible schmucks like you, but instead of listening you assumed there was some grand conspiracy. Congrats, you got conned.

Despite what the shills try to tell you, XEL offers nothing over Golem. The fact that XEL's marketing relies on a complete misrepresentation of Golem is more evidence of their incompetence. Then there's the fact that XEL's creator (Lannister) literally scammed everyone and disappeared: http://archive.is/zoyYa

Senior members of Bitcointalk were calling XEL a scam more than a year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1426466.msg15845799#msg15845799

Why are you still hanging onto your delusions? Cut your losses and move on.
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:48:12 PM

If you missed your optimal entry... this is as good as it gets.

dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:48:50 PM

I bought XEL too early, OTC at around 0.000195 just days before a FUD campaign

OP also bought XEL during the OTC sales, which is probably why he's shilling it now. Seems all he does these days is shill his bags.

There was no "FUD campaign" against XEL. The notion that anyone would care that much about an unknown shitcoin is laughable. Several people realized XEL is a scam and tried to warn gullible schmucks like you, but instead of listening you assumed there was some grand conspiracy. Congrats, you got conned.

Despite what the shills try to tell you, XEL offers nothing over Golem. The fact that XEL's marketing relies on a complete misrepresentation of Golem is more evidence of their incompetence. Then there's the fact that XEL's creator (Lannister) literally scammed everyone and disappeared: http://archive.is/zoyYa

Senior members of Bitcointalk were calling XEL a scam more than a year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1426466.msg15845799#msg15845799

Why are you still hanging onto your delusions? Cut your losses and move on.

Here to bump my thread again?  Keep it up!  We need more views!
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:55:52 PM

Sure, here's another free bump!

Agreed this is one of the clearest examples of a scam I've seen in recent times. Well done for trying to warn people about it. It started with a newbie account whose real-life name was supposedly "Lionel Keys" posting as ElasticCoin. Immediately a few of us pressed for some kind of info to verify his identity (given it was an ICO without escrow), which he said would be coming soon. In the mean time I began finding Evil-Knievel's behaviour in the thread extremely suspicious. He wasn't (publicly) in charge of the probject at this point but from the start was shilling hard (talking about how much he'd invested) and answering the bulk of the questions that were intended for the dev. It was obvious to me he was involved with the project whilst pretending not to be.

Every post from the ElasticCoin account was subsequently deleted from that thread (presumably when they realized they'd messed up and that there was no way to hide how shady the whole thing was), Lionel Keys disappeared (abandoning a project he'd supposedly spent months working on and preparing) and Evil-Knievel suddenly emerged as project lead.

I haven't enough time to dig through it, but here's the original thread. Evil-Knievel has also deleted every single post he made in that thread, though enough of his and ElasticCoin's original posts have been preserved in quotes in replies to show you what's going on here.

Deleted original ANN:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362006.0

Quote from: Evil-Knievel on February 19, 2016, 09:46:04 AM
-snip-

I am currently invested in this coin with a total of 6.8799 BTC.

A very clear scam.

Devs remain anonymous today. Some people never learn...
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:01:55 PM

Agreed this is one of the clearest examples of a scam I've seen in recent times. Well done for trying to warn people about it. It started with a newbie account whose real-life name was supposedly "Lionel Keys" posting as ElasticCoin. Immediately a few of us pressed for some kind of info to verify his identity (given it was an ICO without escrow), which he said would be coming soon. In the mean time I began finding Evil-Knievel's behaviour in the thread extremely suspicious. He wasn't (publicly) in charge of the probject at this point but from the start was shilling hard (talking about how much he'd invested) and answering the bulk of the questions that were intended for the dev. It was obvious to me he was involved with the project whilst pretending not to be.

Every post from the ElasticCoin account was subsequently deleted from that thread (presumably when they realized they'd messed up and that there was no way to hide how shady the whole thing was), Lionel Keys disappeared (abandoning a project he'd supposedly spent months working on and preparing) and Evil-Knievel suddenly emerged as project lead.

I haven't enough time to dig through it, but here's the original thread. Evil-Knievel has also deleted every single post he made in that thread, though enough of his and ElasticCoin's original posts have been preserved in quotes in replies to show you what's going on here.

Deleted original ANN:

-snip-

A very clear scam.

You must be new here.... community takeovers happen all the time.  Sometimes, they are very successful.

It doesn't matter if a coin's beginnings are questionable... take a look at Dash, it's as sketchy as it gets. 

They have demo'd a working product (something golem has not done because golem is vaporware), have a low cap, and the chart looks nice.

That's why I bought.
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:22:35 PM

Deleted original ANN:

-snip-

A very clear scam.

You must be new here.... community takeovers happen all the time.  Sometimes, they are very successful.

It doesn't matter if a coin's beginnings are questionable... take a look at Dash, it's as sketchy as it gets.  

They have demo'd a working product (something golem has not done because golem is vaporware), have a low cap, and the chart looks nice.

That's why I bought.

Golem never demo'd a working product? Is that the level of research you've done on XEL? So little that you don't even understand their main competitor?

XEL demo'd a crappy Bitcoin miner in 2016 and they've been parading that same video around since then.

Looks like they're making tons of progress on GitHub though: https://github.com/elastic-coin/elastic.github.io/graphs/contributors?from=2017-04-09&to=2017-09-12&type=c

Oh wait... it's practically dead.
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:23:30 PM

Deleted original ANN:

-snip-

A very clear scam.

You must be new here.... community takeovers happen all the time.  Sometimes, they are very successful.

That's why I bought.

Golem never demo'd a working product? Is that the level of research you've done on XEL? So little that you don't even understand their main competitor?

XEL demo'd a crappy Bitcoin miner in 2016 and they've been parading that same video around since then.

Looks like they're making tons of progress on GitHub though: https://github.com/elastic-coin/elastic.github.io/graphs/contributors?from=2017-04-09&to=2017-09-12&type=c

OMG look at the price, your FUD is working!
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:41:38 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 12:07:54 AM by dbt1033

LOL at the panic sellers today... Nice shakeout...Nicer rebound.

This looks extremely strong.

edit to add:  https://steemit.com/supercomputer/@roc/supercomputer-powered-by-blockchain-technology-golem-gnt-vs-elastic-xel

Awesome article.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:09:42 AM

@dbt1033. I want an honest answer. Is XEL a short-medium term trade, 1 week minimum to 3 month months maximum, or are you trying to recommend that this is the next top 10 cryptocoin that everyone should be holding?

I also heard the story about Lannister doing a disappearing act and that the developers who are left are still around for the fun of it. That does not look good for investors who want to hold for a long time. If the developers have a proven track record, it might change investors' minds.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
LShubha

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:46:32 AM

From a newbie like me...Thank you for all the insights you provide...a steep learning curve Smiley
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:51:04 AM

@dbt1033. I want an honest answer. Is XEL a short-medium term trade, 1 week minimum to 3 month months maximum, or are you trying to recommend that this is the next top 10 cryptocoin that everyone should be holding?

I also heard the story about Lannister doing a disappearing act and that the developers who are left are still around for the fun of it. That does not look good for investors who want to hold for a long time. If the developers have a proven track record, it might change investors' minds.

Hold until it's time to dump then move on (maybe that's 1 week?  maybe 1 month?  I'll sell a little at rest stops on the way up to derisk).

There are plenty of projects that share the same or similar stories to Xel... who cares.  Look at Via...  new dev w/o the ICO funds and it's ballin out of control.

The devs who are left are probably monster bagholders of Xel... and working to pump their own bags Wink
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:14:09 AM

Lannister was a while ago and hose were different funds.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:24:24 AM

Lannister was a while ago and hose were different funds.

I know.  I'm saying that no one cares.
alope

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:26:00 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 02:45:41 AM by alope

https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/ElasticPrototypeWallet   Roll Eyes

deejaywolf

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:17:08 AM

Hold until it's time to dump then move on (maybe that's 1 week?  maybe 1 month?  I'll sell a little at rest stops on the way up to derisk).

There are plenty of projects that share the same or similar stories to Xel... who cares.  Look at Via...  new dev w/o the ICO funds and it's ballin out of control.

The devs who are left are probably monster bagholders of Xel... and working to pump their own bags Wink
How do you know if it is at rest stop? When it slows down in growing and start falling?
When you say you sell a little. What does it mean? You change it for BTC or BTC then fiat or USDT?
Sorry for probably stupid questions, I'm quite noob.
Thanks
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:23:26 AM

How do you know if it is at rest stop? When it slows down in growing and start falling?
When you say you sell a little. What does it mean? You change it for BTC or BTC then fiat or USDT?
Sorry for probably stupid questions, I'm quite noob.
Thanks

Identify resistance zones... offload 10-20% of position there (convert to btc)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:19:37 AM

@dbt1033. Thank you for the tip and for sharing your thoughts on XEL. If you said that it is a longterm hold and it would be the next great project to come out of the cryptospace, then I would not have believed you.

Who are the new developers of the project?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ogoowinner

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:12:01 AM

I was thinking it's a long term hodle. I have some elastic with me, but I I'll keep them for long term. I'll sell some when it pumps. Enjoying the altcoin investments.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: