Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about altcoins.  (Read 1156 times)
hollings

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:23:02 AM

Different coins can serve a different niche there doesn't have to be one best coin. It's similar to saying there has to be one best company.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:40:28 AM

Different coins can serve a different niche there doesn't have to be one best coin. It's similar to saying there has to be one best company.

I think there was not a time when there was no duplicate in terms of token or coin use. That means projects are really unique and not just a copy of another one. Litecoin I read somewhere is essentially a copy of Bitcoin. Those were the times. And then the influx of so many projects on blockchains followed, projects are getting similar with one another.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:46:12 AM

I think there was not a time when there was no duplicate in terms of token or coin use. That means projects are really unique and not just a copy of another one. Litecoin I read somewhere is essentially a copy of Bitcoin. Those were the times. And then the influx of so many projects on blockchains followed, projects are getting similar with one another.
in fact, the blockchain project didn't really hit the ground, except for the tokens, many people say 2017 was the year of blockchain, but it still has a long way to go as many coins like ltc, dogecoin really make no sense

ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:53:23 AM

There are some other coins that can be directly converted to fiat money. You should look for your local exchanges. In my country you can convert bitcoin and litecoin to fiat money easily. Nothing for ether sadly. I believe Ethereum is the best altcoin right now.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:02:12 AM

why not? You can make your own cryptocurrency too if you have what it takes. I think the point of this is competition. It's a good thing that we have different implementation. Different focus and roadmap. A healthy competition is good for the eco-system.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zidorov

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 11:15:32 AM

I think that there will always be a lot of cryptocurencies. Each cryptocurency (both bitcoin and altcoins) has and will have it's own benefits and drawbacks. But with mass adoption there will be segments (niches) with a leading cryptocurrency in that segment. The leading cryptocurrency in a segment is needed because its capitalization should be high enough to be more stable and have low volatility.

Bitcoin is the most acceptable now because it was the first one and so was adopted more than others. But this will change in near future.
ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:24:57 AM

altcoins have a better chance to increase your return, everyone owns BTC and ETH but not many people altcoins, which could change in the future and prove them more valuable
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:27:36 AM

altcoins exist to compete bitcoin, whether they'll succeed or not, god knows. There's many factors that determine whether an altcoin is much better than bitcoin mainly by its feature but doesn't mean the altcoin will be a huge success unlike bitcoin.
and for the last question, the answer is yes as long there's an exchange available.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
mayan251

Activity: 267

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 11:36:32 AM

The application scenarios for each currency are different, so a lot of coins will be created. Many coins can be used as the value of swaps, currency exchange and some direct.

rjcnzy65

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Not so long ago John Dili, strategist of Blockstream, during an interview called altcoins Scam. But at the same time added that he did not consider them as other alternative cryptocurrencies, a threat to Bitcoin. Also during the conversation, Dili, expressed his opinion about the motives of speculators, who by their actions try to instill uncertainty in users of Bitcoin.
Tradegroup

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:53:12 AM

Ethereum is and will be better than Bitcoin. It's a matter of time before it will overtake BTC in Marketcap. Even when ETH is number one, BTC will remain the king.
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:33:56 PM

What do think about altcoins, How alternatives coins help increase your income, when you start to think about alt coin instead of bitcoin  and when do intend to trade our altcoin to def cryptocurrencies.

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:47:13 PM

bitcoin is open source - So anyone want can make their own "bitcoin". So we say that is altcoin. And  they have many update for their coin. So many coin have many feature than bitcoin. Some coin is difference but still use blockchain tech. that is the core of crypto world

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

I still don't get it why there are two coins so I gotten questions out of my curiosity.

Will altcoins be much better than Bitcoins?

Will the currency be good? than Bitcoins? or its just the same?

Can altcoins be directly converted to money?

First of all op, altcoins is not a single coin. It is a general term for coins other than bitcoin because bitcointalk was made for bitcoin so when different coins came out, the altcoin term emerged which stands for alternative coins by the way.

It depends on how you see bitcoin and an altcoin. But if you ask me, I don't think so. Bitcoin is way ahead of every altcoin out there.

Yes, they certainly can. Same as bitcoins.
kenkoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:01:10 PM

There are a lot of ALT coins in the market right now. These coins have their own purpose on their projects. Bitcoin is still the best Crypto for long term investing. Why? It can be told that it is still standing for multiple years now if was not the best. I believe EThereum is the best altcoin which has come near the level of BTC.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:10:05 PM

Some Altcoin(Altcoin means Alternatives coin) could of course be better than Bitcoin if they work extremely hard & play their game well, none so far has shown any sign of becoming better Cryptocurrency. Ethereum has the potential of equaling or surpassing bitcoin If the coin developers their acts together.
1cak

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:17:27 PM

I think all altcoins have the same estuary that is bitcoin, so it would be difficult for altcoin to much better than bitcoin, even ETH though. If you want to exchange altcoin with money it could be, but not in the exchanger, maybe you can find ordinary people to transact.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:40:32 PM

I still don't get it why there are two coins so I gotten questions out of my curiosity.

Can altcoins be directly converted to money?
Yes, sure. But it depend on their popularities and the place of exchange. Ex, Ethereum. One of the most popular alternative coins since the appearance of their tokens, can be converted directly to usd without bitcoin.
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:49:56 PM

There are more than two coins in crypto, infact there are thousands coins now, you can check them in service announcement board
Will alt coin better than Bitcoin? Depends on your priority, for long term Bitcoin is the best but f you are looking for trading profit maybe alt coin can be better and for currency Bitcoin still the best because it can be used in some store but no alt coin has been implemented yet
,well i guess this guys has a lot more to study and learn. anyway i am pretty sure you knew bitcoin as well as how does it function, aside from bitcoin we also have a so called alternate cryptocurrencies which are been talked about here in this specifc section. as the word alternate means it can be a substitute insteaf of having bitcoin and that is how trading will also work here. altcoins can never be converted directly into money, it has to be converted first into bitcoin then the next is fiat.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:44:41 PM

There are hundreds if not thousands of Altcoins.  Alot of them are get rich quick schemes, but alot of them I value more then BTC.

How you measure them is all relative to if you think a coin is better or worse than BTC.  If the measurement is in price per coin, or possible longevity and usability, then aside from certain coins that draw value from very small coin amounts IE "One Coin", then BTC will probably win out.  

If the measurement is based on ease in finding places that will trade the coin, BTC will currently win out there as well.  That's not to say BTC wins on all measurements.  If you think in terms of how useable it is for small transactions, then BTC fails badly, as the transaction fees can be even higher than the transaction itself.  So in that case alot of altcoins would win out.  Imagine buying a sandwich for $6 and paying a $3 transaction fee.  No thanks.  Also alot of the coins were designed for a bunch of various reasons.  Transaction speeds.  Waiting 5 minutes for a transaction to approve is not convenient ect.  Then there are other things to consider.  Alot of coins use different POW and POS types ect to try to lower the amount of electricity being used.  And some coins are created using different algorithms to try to keep themselves more ASIC resistant or fit into a number of niche markets.  So all in all many altcoins are needed to keep the cryptocurrency ecosystem going.  

And yes some coins can be traded directly to fiat currency without going thru BTC.  The smaller ones don't usually, but the larger ones you can IE LTC/Etherium

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: