Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitten Mining - K1: 0.3 BTC K16: 0.75 BTC K64: 3 BTC Assembly Services  (Read 19119 times)
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:53:24 AM

Can we pay with a debit card or verified paypal account? When do you think we can expect to have these at our door steps as an estimate time frame?

I believe he has stated in the past, it will be up to couple weeks after he receives the chips from you.  No idea on payment options.

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:59:19 AM

http://www.mittenmining.com/

his site supports paypal and bitpay

sensei (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:51:54 AM

Yes, I do take Paypal and BitPay on my website, or just bitcoin at the address in the first post of this thread

The heat sink I am using is 78mm x 100mm x 32mm high.

Estimated delivery may be a couple of weeks after chips have arrived, but I think it will be more like one week.

I can see this is going to be a very busy August.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:06:42 AM

I got a box on the doorstep today with a bunch of TP-Link WR703N's in it. We were able to connect to one and reflash it with Open WRt and cgminer. These things are really neat devices. I saw them in China in February when I was looking for a 3G modem for my phone. While labeled as 3G, these things don't support 3G at all.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:30:59 PM

If anyone has 16 chips ordered from one of the first group guys I would love to buy them off of you with escrow of course.
volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:07:25 PM

Let's say I will have avalon chips in hand next week. What is turnaround time for 2xK16?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:37:19 PM

I got a box on the doorstep today with a bunch of TP-Link WR703N's in it. We were able to connect to one and reflash it with Open WRt and cgminer. These things are really neat devices. I saw them in China in February when I was looking for a 3G modem for my phone. While labeled as 3G, these things don't support 3G at all.

I've been having fun playing with those.  Very neat devices, and they have incredibly low power usage (about 500mW).

For some reason the ones shipped in the Avalons have been upgraded with a 64MB RAM chip.  From the factory they ship with 32MB installed, which seems to work OK for me running cgminer on it, with a stack of 6 CM1s attached.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:43:16 AM

Let's say I will have avalon chips in hand next week. What is turnaround time for 2xK16?
1 week at the most. I don't see it as being more than a couple of days. I will build a batch at a time. If I have my chips by then, I would likely ship out known working units and use your chips when another batch is built. If that is ok with you.

Hopefully, I will be building a batch every day. I could probably build 20 a day. When I feel the load is sufficient, I will take some time off and pump out loads of boards.

The final boards have shipped and the heat sinks should arrive any day now as well.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:45:40 AM

I've been having fun playing with those.  Very neat devices, and they have incredibly low power usage (about 500mW).

For some reason the ones shipped in the Avalons have been upgraded with a 64MB RAM chip.  From the factory they ship with 32MB installed, which seems to work OK for me running cgminer on it, with a stack of 6 CM1s attached.
I hope they don't have to have to extra RAM. Not hard to put in, I just don't want the hassle of finding/buying/installing.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:47:41 PM

Oh my...Have you all seen yifu's update thread?

http://www.avalon-asics.com/ (there are two pages)

Basically we have no other details and the chips are supposedly stuck in customs with no documentation to prove it or any tracking numbers yet. Not looking very bright.
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:54:52 PM

SoggyLettuce has a Good point about the Avalon Chips.

I am very interested in picking up a few of these boards (like 10 or 20)... But it looks like they would be "Chipless Wonders" till Avalon does manage to supply.

This is definitely an interesting situation -- and no reflection on Mitten -- but -- "What to do?".

Perhaps it will become clearer over the next two weeks -- maybe it will become less clear.

Then, it looks like the version three chips will need a board revision. Ah well -- that's life in the manufacturing game.

Might be nice to hear thoughts on solutions to these issues. (Not complaining.)

Turnaround: People keep asking about turnaround -- almost everyone is using offshore assembly -- so assume two weeks minimum. I have checked everywhere I knew of. And yes I do see that he is suggesting two days -- which means he has equipment or access to a local mounting shop. That would be nice. Clarification that this is so would be a valuable addition to the thread .

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:47:22 AM

I've received my first boards and just finished my first K16

The thermistor is missing, and one resistor moved off a pad, but everything else looks ok. We'll program it up tomorrow. The Pickit3 is proving difficult to use. The PICLF1459 isn't in the list, but I'm sure we'll get that sorted out soon enough.

The first 50 I build were going to be for my use, but I haven't received my chips yet. I have one customer who has sent me their chips, so their build will begin promptly.

Here are the K1's I built. I don't have software yet for the K1. Hopefully it will be done soon.

I had to take off and reflow the ASCIs on the K1. I'll have to take a closer look at the ones on the K16.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:35:53 AM

Wow, I'm really digging the red pcb...Looks really nice.

Yifu said either today or yesterday that he shipped out 130k chips so hopefully they start circulating around.
fasmax

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:38:09 AM

The software that came with my PicKit 3 didn't support the PIC16LF1459.
I downloaded MPLAB IPE Beta V1.80 from microchip's website several weeks ago and was able to program the PIC using that.
Please keep us informed on your bring up efforts of the revised K16 board.
Thanks!
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:29:58 AM

K1's look great, Sadly me being in Batch #3 I may be only beable to only get 1-2 because of ROI.
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:34:21 AM

I am very interested in picking up a few of these boards (like 10 or 20)... But it looks like they would be "Chipless Wonders" till Avalon does manage to supply.

This is definitely an interesting situation -- and no reflection on Mitten -- but -- "What to do?".

Perhaps it will become clearer over the next two weeks -- maybe it will become less clear.

Then, it looks like the version three chips will need a board revision. Ah well -- that's life in the manufacturing game

kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:59:36 AM

Does the K64 come c/w the i2C jumpers for data flow between all of the K16's so that it is plug and play?

cheers,
kev
Stack

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:55:44 PM

It is a shame about the K1s

since they were meant to fill the need of cheap usb miners that actually have a promising roi.
But that ship sailed.. now they cost as much as an asicminer and are less powerful.

I'm glad I only ordered 1, which I did out of pure interest, something about these DIY projects put my brain into pokemon mode, I have to have at least 1 of every miner Tongue

Anyway, here's hoping yifu doesn't disappear again, before shipping the rest of the batches.

skrazy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:55:23 PM

Any update on the test boards you put together?
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:41:38 PM

Just to keep people updated apparently Yifu is going to be offering a full refund. I'm sure Sensei has a lot invested in parts as well as all of the other people who were going to build the boards. Hopefully we can put together something to donate to them and help recoup their losses.

Although I am sure some boards will still be built but a lot of people are going to take the refund if they want to see their money again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: