Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitten Mining - K1: 0.3 BTC K16: 0.75 BTC K64: 3 BTC Assembly Services  (Read 19123 times)
sensei (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:29:47 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 01:02:23 PM by sensei

Full Avalon ASIC - based miner build and assembly services provided by Mitten Mining

If you are going to purchase or have purchased an Avalon ASIC based mining board and are unsure of your ability to place and solder/reflow your board(s), we can do them for you.
If you have purchased Avalon ASICs in a group buy and need to place them on our fully assembled board, we can do that also.
If you have purchased Avalon ASICs in a group buy and need to place them on your fully assembled board, we can do that as well.

Note: All of these services are a Bring-Your-Own-Chip service. As of yet, I do not have any Avalon ASICs available for purchase.

We will be able to build both the Klondike 1 (aka Nano), a 282-350 MH/s USB miner as shown below. This design has been tested and the production board has been released. All parts are in hand or in shipment.

Image by bkkcoins

We will also be set up to build the Klondike 16, a 4.5 - 7.2 GH/s miner as shown below. This design has been tested and the production board has been released. All parts are in hand or in shipment.

Image by bkkcoins

Tentative Pricing (We don't expect this change)

Assembly (You provide ALL parts, including Avalon chips)
K1 Nano: 0.1 BTC
K16: 0.25 BTC
K64: 0.5 BTC

Assembly (You provide ONLY the Avalon chips)
K1 Nano: 0.3 BTC
K16: 0.75 BTC
K64: 3 BTC

Additional services

Placing ASICs on customer provided boards (You provide the Avalon chips)
0.01 BTC per chip 0.09 BTC setup fee

Replacing ASICs on customer provided boards (You provide the Avalon chips)
0.02 BTC per chip  + 0.13 BTC setup fee

Your surplus ASICs can be used in-trade for services rendered.

bkkcoins, the designer behind the Klondike project, will also have kits available for purchase. While we will have parts available to populate the circuit boards (except for the Avalon ASICs), please feel free to support bkkcoins and his effort by purchasing his kits; we can build them up for you.

If you you have a broken Avalon based mining board, we can remove and replace the Avalon ASICs for you.

We are USA based, in Michigan, thus the mitten reference. Turn around should be within 2 days, holidays and weekends permitting. We are not in this to make a killing, just provide a much needed service at a reasonable price. I am an electrical engineer with many years experience in prototyping and testing automotive electronics. In recent years I have spent many months in China supporting PCB production and testing in automotive applications.

Since we really could be called a fabrication facility, any board can be assembled for any of the DIY mining project. Please feel free to contact us regarding other projects.

* Prices do not include shipping
* Prices do not include power supply unless otherwise noted

Payment

Send Payment to: 12eKSYou6VwBMGFn2vWYXB6eeyN7FwbmKq

Send email to orders at mittenmining dot com
and include the following:

Full Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Email address:
Phone Number:
Preferred shipping:
Service requested and amount of each:
(ex. 10xK64, 10xK16, 20xK1)
Amount paid:
Wallet address:
Transaction ID:
Number of chips to be sent:
Extra chips to be used as payment:
Will you be providing parts as well as chips?:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 10:51:29 PM

I added you on dev and assembler list in my sig... by the way... do you need sample chips or isnt that needed because you use bkkcoins design?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:14:52 PM

You forgot steamboat.

I added you on dev and assembler list in my sig... by the way... do you need sample chips or isnt that needed because you use bkkcoins design?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:17:01 PM

Suggestion : Also offer fabrication in exchange for Avalon chips... say u 1 K16 in exchange for 20 (or whatever ASICs).
That way you would have spare ASICs to sell full products.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:57:17 PM

You forgot steamboat.

Does steamboat offer assembly only too? I thought he does the assembly only for his groupbuyers...

sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

Suggestion : Also offer fabrication in exchange for Avalon chips... say u 1 K16 in exchange for 20 (or whatever ASICs).
That way you would have spare ASICs to sell full products.

That is a great idea. I will add it.

Thanks,
Mike
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:05:26 AM

Thanks,

I should be getting some from the group buy (personal use) I participated in. I should get with the the buyer and make sure I'm on the list for samples as I will need to build boards to validate my production process.
steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:46:34 AM

You forgot steamboat.

Does steamboat offer assembly only too? I thought he does the assembly only for his groupbuyers...

Yes. I am offering assembly for those that purchased through other group buys, in addition to fully assembled miners and chip only purchases.

Apologies for the thread jack sensei.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:06:18 AM

NICE.... following. I will give a heads up to my buddy Joe... he is looking for someone more to the East.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:57:43 AM

Thanks,

I should be getting some from the group buy (personal use) I participated in. I should get with the the buyer and make sure I'm on the list for samples as I will need to build boards to validate my production process.

You mean you will get sample chips from zefirs groupbuy?

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:44:25 PM

Eastern or Western Michigan?
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:24:19 PM

Thanks,

No, from t13hydra's group buy, as they were only 0.081 BTC each.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:24:50 PM

Eastern or Western Michigan?

Eastern Michigan, Detroit.
Reckman

Activity: 711

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

where are your boards coming from
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:05:03 PM

where are your boards coming from

I will buy them from bkkcoins. Much cheaper than I can get them here, and we need bkkcoins to get some $$ for his work.

I should have them long before we get chips. I can run a few through the process and test one with a chip if I can get my hands on one.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:07:47 PM

Thanks,

Apparently my group buy is not going to send me any.  Cry
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:51:44 PM

Fantastic!  Good to know there is another US option if the PNW operation by ryepdx doesn't work out.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 08:28:12 PM

Thanks,

Apparently my group buy is not going to send me any.  Cry

Since you are in the dev- and assembler list i will put you into the list of potential receivers of sample chips. If you want then send me your address and the maximum needed amount of samples.

mr2dave

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:56:35 PM

I'm in for 3 K64s. Ordered 200 chips from SebastianJu. I'll see if he can ship the chips directly to you when the time comes.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:00:07 AM

I'm in for several K64 when you get Avalon chips in stock for ordering the entire board with chips assembled (complete miner).
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:37:31 AM

I'll start the order sheet. We are working on the website and I am considering Bitpay.

When I get things set up and can show the process of building aboard I will post pictures and a video, and I hope to have a fellow forum member over to vouch for me.
AvenG

Activity: 133
Merit: 101

Res Et Non Verbum

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:02:27 AM

watching

interested in 64k PCB assembling service.

not for sale
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:28:18 AM

I'll start the order sheet. We are working on the website and I am considering Bitpay.

When I get things set up and can show the process of building aboard I will post pictures and a video, and I hope to have a fellow forum member over to vouch for me.

I would be willing to order k64 as soon as possible and function as 'reviewer' for the forum (write blog post, publish video etc). I do NOT require a 'review sample' but would be happy to pay for the product just like everyone else. PM me if you would like. Where are you located? Maybe I could visit when the time comes.

I am interested mainly in the k64 but would also be interesting in k16, especially if you can provide the Avalon Chips.
Phil21

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:07:30 AM

Interested in a bunch of K1's

Any possibility of a bulk discount for say qty 100+? Smiley
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:15:23 PM

I would be willing to order k64 as soon as possible and function as 'reviewer' for the forum (write blog post, publish video etc). I do NOT require a 'review sample' but would be happy to pay for the product just like everyone else. PM me if you would like. Where are you located? Maybe I could visit when the time comes.

I am interested mainly in the k64 but would also be interesting in k16, especially if you can provide the Avalon Chips.
I am in the metro Detroit, Michigan area.

I had to make a choice of either stocking the parts (caps, resistors, regulators, etc.) or the Avalon chips. If I hadn't used bitcoin 6 months ago to buy my BFL vaporware, I'd have plenty to buy chips with. However, that wasn't the case. So for now it's a bring your own chip.

That being said, I can certainly build the K64 when it is defined. A great number of parts will be the same; the power supply and the micro probably being on the chopping block. There should be some efficiencies in the design.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:32:45 PM

My prices are based on the assumption that I will building quite a few of these (I hope) and spreading the cost over those.

If I was only ever going to build 30 of these, I'd have to charge 2 BTC each just to get back the investment. You'd think these were block erupters.

I'll go over my costs and see what kind of wiggle room I have.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:44:37 PM

I'm in for 3 K64s. Ordered 200 chips from SebastianJu. I'll see if he can ship the chips directly to you when the time comes.

Surely that will be possible...

mr2dave

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:18:08 PM

Surely that will be possible...

Awesome. =)
Phil21

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

My prices are based on the assumption that I will building quite a few of these (I hope) and spreading the cost over those.

If I was only ever going to build 30 of these, I'd have to charge 2 BTC each just to get back the investment. You'd think these were block erupters.

I'll go over my costs and see what kind of wiggle room I have.

NP, the prices are pretty reasonable.  I'm definitely interested either way!  I'm toying with the idea of getting all my chips turned into K1's and reselling most of them, or keeping a bunch of K16 for personal use.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:35:05 AM

Any possibility of pickup in person, so that there is no chance the finished miners are damaged in shipping??

Thanks,

Definitely interested.
RushGPU

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 10:29:39 AM

Thanks for providing this service!  Grin

If I buy 16 chips from t13hydra's group buy, can I give him your address to ship the chips to, and when the board is done, you ship it back to me (in Europe)?
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:16:40 PM

Any possibility of pickup in person, so that there is no chance the finished miners are damaged in shipping??

Thanks,

Definitely interested.

Definitely not a problem. I look forward to seeing you.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:18:27 PM

Thanks for providing this service!  Grin

If I buy 16 chips from t13hydra's group buy, can I give him your address to ship the chips to, and when the board is done, you ship it back to me (in Europe)?

You will have to arrange this with t13hydra. Other group buyers are doing this also so it should not be a problem.
iluvpcs

Activity: 314

:)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:14:13 PM

Hey Mitten,

I live in GR, but work most every week in around Warren, Livonia, up to Auburn Hills and down at the RenCen.

I have an order in for some chips and can drop some off, perhaps I pay or donate extra chips to the cause for trade?

I'm open to offers/ideas and can meet up usually Monday to Thursday.

Regards,
Ted

Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:25:11 AM

I am looking for parts and assembly service for my 10k chip order I plan on splitting it up a bit watching thread please update when you get the k64 figured out.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:06:07 PM

Hey Mitten,

I live in GR, but work most every week in around Warren, Livonia, up to Auburn Hills and down at the RenCen.

I have an order in for some chips and can drop some off, perhaps I pay or donate extra chips to the cause for trade?

I'm open to offers/ideas and can meet up usually Monday to Thursday.

Regards,
Ted

I live close to Royal Oak, but during the days on Monday thru Thursday I'm much closer to Livonia. We could meet anywhere you like.

I'm also open to ideas and we could discuss then.

Mike
sensei (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:09:21 PM

I am looking for parts and assembly service for my 10k chip order I plan on splitting it up a bit watching thread please update when you get the k64 figured out.

That's a LOT of chips. I'd be happy to accommodate whatever portion of that order you wish to throw my way.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 10:55:30 PM

Do you pay a licence fee to bkkcoins? If so how much will it be per board?

sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:08:36 PM

Do you pay a licence fee to bkkcoins? If so how much will it be per board?

I had offered that, but I think he is just as happy to have us mine to his pool. Can we have multiple miners all pointing to one worker?

I will do either. No fee has been set yet.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:58:39 PM

Can we have multiple miners all pointing to one worker?

Yes

hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

Definitely interested in K64. I have 360 chips waiting.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:50:04 PM

Can we have multiple miners all pointing to one worker?

Yes

Great, that works. I can test all the miners I build with bkkcoins pool.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:52:53 PM

Definitely interested in K64. I have 360 chips waiting.
I can accommodate that.

I've seen a lot of interest in the K64, which has not even been designed yet, while the K16 is undergoing testing as we speak. The 16 can be tied in a serial chain to other K16s, creating in essence a K64, or even a K256.
mr2dave

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:56:14 PM

I've seen a lot of interest in the K64, which has not even been designed yet, while the K16 is undergoing testing as we speak. The 16 can be tied in a serial chain to other K16s, creating in essence a K64, or even a K256.

My expectation is that a K64 will have a lower part count that 4 x K16s, making it just a little bit less expensive. That said, if K64 boards aren't ready by the time my chips are delivered, I'll be having 12 x K16s.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:07:07 AM

My expectation is that a K64 will have a lower part count that 4 x K16s, making it just a little bit less expensive. That said, if K64 boards aren't ready by the time my chips are delivered, I'll be having 12 x K16s.

I expect also a lower part count than 4 of the k16s, just not sure by how much.
thegoldbug

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:22:32 AM

Any chance you would consider accepting PayPal payments, credit cards, money order, personal check (plenty of time to clear before boards and chips arrive)?

My little mining operation is not able to generate enough BTC to make all the mining items (chips, boards, assembly, miners, etc) popping up on this forum.

Phil21

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:57:02 AM

K16 sounds fine to me.  Does anyone have 6 extra chips I can buy who would be getting their work done here?  I ordered back when the most complete design was based on 10 chip boards, so I'm not divisible by 16 Smiley
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:43:57 PM

K16 sounds fine to me.  Does anyone have 6 extra chips I can buy who would be getting their work done here?  I ordered back when the most complete design was based on 10 chip boards, so I'm not divisible by 16 Smiley

I would also accept chips as payment as I don't have any available to use to make full boards for customers who don't have chips.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:49:07 PM

Any chance you would consider accepting PayPal payments, credit cards, money order, personal check (plenty of time to clear before boards and chips arrive)?

My little mining operation is not able to generate enough BTC to make all the mining items (chips, boards, assembly, miners, etc) popping up on this forum.
I am will be looking into accepting other forms of payment on my website (coming online soon). They is always my personal PayPal account, but I would have it go through the website. I plan to have multiple options within a week.
mr2dave

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:21:53 AM

I'll need 192 chips out of 200 that I ordered. I ordered extra to cover any duds, but if they all work, I'll have 8 extra.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:26:00 PM

Can I get some clarification here please:

According to the SabastianJu ASIC chip group buy -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660
We can purchase chips for 0.086 BTC / chip + $10 fiat shipping.

If we ship the chips to your facility you will put them on a usb board for us for 0.3 BTC?

Meaning that we can get a ready to go USB ASIC miner for 0.386 BTC?

How much is shipping to Florida USA?

Would it be possible to pay you an additional (up to) 0.1 BTC to get the chips from the SabastianJu group buy?

Edit: final shipping to me from you is not included in this pricing

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:35:55 PM

I also do not have chips ordered and am interested in the k1's. If I were to buy a few would you be able to provide the chips and up the total price a bit or is it essential we provide the chips?
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:10:58 PM

If you are going to purchase or have purchased an Avalon ASIC based mining board and are unsure of your ability to place and solder/reflow your board(s), we can do them for you.
If you have purchased Avalon ASICs in a group buy and need to place them on our fully assembled board, we can do that also.
If you have purchased Avalon ASICs in a group buy and need to place them on your fully assembled board, we can do that as well.

If you you have a broken Avalon based mining board, we can remove and replace the Avalon ASICs for you.

I am an electrical engineer with many years experience in prototyping and testing automotive electronics. In recent years I have spent many months in China supporting PCB production and testing in automotive applications.

Since we really could be called a fabrication facility

Empty claims. Most likely yet another "send us your chips" scam. Trust -5 until deal is proven to be legit.

I get this could possibly be a scam but not everyone here is clueless. We don't need you going and ruining any productive discussion with arguments over if it is a scam or not that can only be put to rest in the coming months. I personally am not going to mail chips but am hoping that extra chips will be available to make k1's that I can buy for a markup. Escrow is a great preventative measure although not with the chips. We all understand the risks and I would personally like it if you could stop spreading your same old shit until someone has experience with them. Nobody has been wronged yet.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 10:31:44 PM

Are heatsinks included?

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:55:06 PM

I get this could possibly be a scam but not everyone here is clueless. We don't need you going and ruining any productive discussion with arguments over if it is a scam or not that can only be put to rest in the coming months. I personally am not going to mail chips but am hoping that extra chips will be available to make k1's that I can buy for a markup. Escrow is a great preventative measure although not with the chips. We all understand the risks and I would personally like it if you could stop spreading your same old shit until someone has experience with them. Nobody has been wronged yet.

You might be smart enough to not fall on scams as easily as many here but you surely have a problem with way of thinking, namely that you
represent someone else as well as yourself and that someone apointed you for PR on the certain matters (OP maybe did that, yes). Another
problem you have is idea that I or someone else who thinks some deal is scam should be quiet until deal is proven to be scam. Are you really
that much retarded?

You can look through my history and see that I have been interested in buying a k1 for quite some time. You can also go onto reddit (same username) and see that I am not some throwaway PR manager. I just want a fucking usb miner. And I believe your way of thinking is flawed. Sure any of these opportunities on the forum could be frauds and everyone and their mothers know it. We do not need an argument of this kind at this moment. Nobody has sent assets to OP and I do not believe anyone will until he proves he is capable of manufacturing and a few people test the waters. You seem to be the guy that just looks for arguments on here and looking through your post history that seems like it is a lot of what you do on here. I get that and have many friends who do the same exact thing. In this situation your claims are just as bad as you are making OP's out to be. I think this thread should be focused more on the miner related dates, prices, and collaborations.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:14:46 PM

We do not need an argument of this kind at this moment. Nobody has sent assets to OP and I do not believe anyone will until he proves he is capable of manufacturing and a few people test the waters.

Again, retard, you are yourself only and you do not represent anyone else except yourself, here or elsewhere. If you can't stand what I'm posting
here use ignore link bellow my name and one of your problems will be solved.

You see I would be much more willing to humor your nit picking of grammatical interpretations if you would be willing to be civil about it. Insults will get you nowhere in life. I think at this point one of your statements is actually appropriate. I agree that it is up to individuals to decide for themselves what is a good investment. While you may have been playing the devils advocate I still stand by my stance that the kind of argument you are making will be more detrimental to people's reputation who have not had a chance to prove otherwise than to have people decide on their own. I think your points would be received much better if you took the time to be courteous about them.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

Can I get some clarification here please:

According to the SabastianJu ASIC chip group buy -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660
We can purchase chips for 0.086 BTC / chip + $10 fiat shipping.

If we ship the chips to your facility you will put them on a usb board for us for 0.3 BTC?

Meaning that we can get a ready to go USB ASIC miner for 0.386 BTC?

That would be correct. Minus shipping of course.

How much is shipping to Florida USA?

A flat rate box from USPS is about $5. I can fit a bunch of miners in a box. Insurance would be extra if you want it. I'm setting up a site to place orders from and haven't done the shipping portion yet.

Would it be possible to pay you an additional (up to) 0.1 BTC to get the chips from the SabastianJu group buy?

That would mean I need the BTC upfront to make the group buy. Perhaps I can get chips as I need them from the group buyers. They may charge more for them though and I will have to imbed the cost into the price. I will look into it.

Edit: final shipping to me from you is not included in this pricing
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:31:38 AM

I also do not have chips ordered and am interested in the k1's. If I were to buy a few would you be able to provide the chips and up the total price a bit or is it essential we provide the chips?

I am looking into the feasibility of doing this. I will determine if there are those willing to sell small amounts of chips to me. (or large amounts if the depending upon the orders)
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:44:11 AM

I am an electrical engineer with many years experience in prototyping and testing automotive electronics. In recent years I have spent many months in China supporting PCB production and testing in automotive applications.

Empty claims. Most likely yet another "send us your chips" scam. Trust -5 until deal is proven to be legit.

How do we know if any one on this forum is legit? Even BFL, with whom I spent 120 BTC to buy miners was questionable for a long time.

I have a Bitpay account and a PayPal account and will soon have a method of paying through those sites. Paypal is available for those who want the option of being able to use chargeback.

I have spent a large dollar amount purchasing parts and equipment for this business and am putting up quite a bit of risk as I'm not guaranteed any orders, yet I bought parts to make hundreds of miners that I can't return.

As for proof of this, I will soon post pictures of parts and operating equipment after they all come in and hope to have some other forum members over to witness and vouch for me.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:49:11 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 03:06:22 AM by sensei

Are heatsinks included?

Yes. Although I don't have a final price for the heat sink I want to use, I did include it in my estimated material cost.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:51:59 AM

I am looking into the feasibility of doing this. I will determine if there are those willing to sell small amounts of chips to me. (or large amounts if the depending upon the orders)

Thanks..you seem to really be on top of things. Hopefully I will be able to buy a few k1s when the time comes.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:54:05 AM

Insults will get you nowhere in life.

I disagree, retard. Insults are great way of hurting those that IMO should be hurt. If I don't do it, you might develop much more serious issues
beside those you obviously have already.

Thank you for proving my point. What little credibility I was willing to spare to you is gone.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:41:47 PM

Just a cross post for those not following the K16 thread.

K1 test boards are here and I'll be working on assembling a few for testing next. The firmware is mostly done and I'm expecting by the time the ASIC samples arrive the kinks will be worked out and I can focus on just the ASIC data signal issues.

Quote from Bkk
MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:06:19 PM

Any chance you'd be willing to verify your identity with John K to possibly increase the potential for users here trusting you?

Very interested in 2-3 k64 boards and waiting to see this thread pan out!

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:09:23 AM

Any chance you'd be willing to verify your identity with John K to possibly increase the potential for users here trusting you?

Not a problem, if it helps. I'll contact him via PM.
btceic

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

So can we buy these things yet, what's the holdup? Everybody is till waiting on chips?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:04:04 PM

Watching this topic, I'm on the east coast so this might be an option for me. I have a GB with zefir for 200 chips (Batches 5 and 7). Would there be any warranty for these devices?

bcabes

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:02:42 PM

Would you be willing or able to do assembly for a K1 Nano USB miner for everything BUT the ASIC? Would that be any cheaper than the 0.1 BTC listed?
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:55:31 PM

You obviously are not familiar with Bitcoinmegastore. It's his one hobby..
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:41:16 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 11:40:17 PM by SoggyLettuce

Yeah....I found that out after arguing with him for a bit.....

anyways any updates sensei??? I saw that you got moved up to the best ROI on that chart that compares all the asics.
mrmanager

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:31:23 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 12:59:25 AM by mrmanager

dae cats?
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:44:10 AM

anyways any updates sensei??? I saw that you got moved up to the best ROI on that chart that compares all the asics.

I didn't even know about that chart until yesterday.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:45:35 AM

Sensei, if I ever acquire some of these Avalon chips, is it possible for me to meet with you in person? I've considered putting a kit together myself, but I'm not very keen on reflow soldering. I'm located outside of Detroit. Let me know.
Cool, a fellow Detroiter. No problem meeting up.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:01:45 AM

I didn't even know about that chart until yesterday.

Yea a lot of the info still is wrong but hey can't complain about being #1 right?
MilkyLep

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:17:43 AM

So we would pay you once you receive chips, after boards are assembled and before finalized boards are shipped? Are you working with any group buy chip vendors in order to lower shipping costs? Garr255 is a vendor doing one nearby in Idaho if you want a lead. Smiley

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:05:17 AM

Would you be willing or able to do assembly for a K1 Nano USB miner for everything BUT the ASIC? Would that be any cheaper than the 0.1 BTC listed?
I'm not sure if this is where I wanted to go. The intent of the service is to provide assembly of the boards for those who have chips.

I'll have to think on that one and take it up with my partner.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:08:53 AM

So we would pay you once you receive chips, after boards are assembled and before finalized boards are shipped? Are you working with any group buy chip vendors in order to lower shipping costs? Garr255 is a vendor doing one nearby in Idaho if you want a lead. Smiley

You could pay now via Bitpay or Paypay and get in the queue at:

mittenmining.com

or wait until you get your chips and do the same. You could also have your chips sent here from your group buyer. PM me for the address.
Stack

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:14:35 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 03:38:45 AM by Stack

17 of my chips from sebastians groupbuy will be sent to you, for a K16/K1, so please let me know when you start officially taking orders so that everything moves smoothly Smiley

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:23:22 AM

mittenmining.com

or wait until you get your chips and do the same. You could also have your chips sent here from your group buyer. PM me for the address.

Do you think you could add an option to buy without sending the chips??? If not I would like to organize buying some off of someone already sending to you (I'm only getting 2 k1s)

Also is it possible to set this up to be escrow with John K?
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:39:30 AM

I would be interested in possibly 3 K64 units. However I will have 8 chips leftover. Would it be possible to buy other peoples loose chips and add another 8 chips to make another K16 unit?

Also, how does 3x K64 units end up to $706.99 in shipping?!

Thanks.

SteveB

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:42:58 AM

You don't ship to Canada?

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

I would be interested in possibly 3 K64 units. However I will have 8 chips leftover. Would it be possible to buy other peoples loose chips and add another 8 chips to make another K16 unit?

Thanks.

If you find someone willing to sell you loose chips let me know or if you just want to sell those 8 I would gladly buy 2 of them.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:12:45 AM

You don't ship to Canada?

Sure we do. I can throw it over the border from here. Ok, maybe not. The Detroit river isn't that narrow.

I'm going to have to talk to my IT department straight away. I'm pretty sure he only tested shipping within the USA. That I have at a fixed price.

I'm on it.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:13:31 AM

Thanks.

If you find someone willing to sell you loose chips let me know or if you just want to sell those 8 I would gladly buy 2 of them.
Shipping to where?

You can PM me if you need.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:15:15 AM

mittenmining.com

Do you think you could add an option to buy without sending the chips??? If not I would like to organize buying some off of someone already sending to you (I'm only getting 2 k1s)

I think I can do this. After all, it actually isn't much different than making them with the chips. I won't be able to test them though.

I will come up with pricing and add them to the product list.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:20:08 AM

17 of my chips from sebastians groupbuy will be sent to you, for a K16so please let me know when you start officially taking orders so that everything moves smoothly Smiley

You can order (I hope) from http://mittenmining.com

Either by Bitpay or Paypal.

The intention was to have the set prices in BTC, but I also wanted an option for those without BTC to pay via Paypal (also gives buyer protection), but with Paypal I have to charge in $, therefore 2 slightly different prices.

If those options aren't there, I will have my IT department work on it (my partner and college age son).
btceic

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:27:35 AM

Sensei, was there any further discussion about purchacing with chips? or did that fall through?

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:59:12 AM

mittenmining.com

I think I can do this. After all, it actually isn't much different than making them with the chips. I won't be able to test them though.

I will come up with pricing and add them to the product list.

Sorry I think I worded my question poorly. I meant would you be willing to sell completed miners with the asic chip from somewhere other than us sending them in because it seems like the earlier group buys will have the chips shipping sooner and most of them require at least 16 minimum to purchase. I am interested in buying 2 fully assembled k1s with the chips.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:02:31 AM

Thanks.

Shipping to where?

You can PM me if you need.

Also this guy was talking about was a glitch I think. Whenever you add a k64 unit it defaults the shipping to $706.99.
Stack

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:41:46 AM

I've got the same issue. Shipping to Australia

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:50:32 AM

Something funky is certainly going on with your paypal checkout setup. After confirming all shipping details on your website and being transferred to the paypal portal for login, I am continually told incorrect username/password and I am positive they are both correct.

sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:01:21 PM

Something funky is certainly going on with your paypal checkout setup. After confirming all shipping details on your website and being transferred to the paypal portal for login, I am continually told incorrect username/password and I am positive they are both correct.
Yup, the problem is that I went from using my personal account to a new one that I just set up for this operation. My IT department had already changed the Paypal account to the new one, but apparently it has not yet been turned on by Paypal. I just spoke to Paypal and went through their approval process and passed. The account should be turned on. The guy at Paypal when I told him of your problem said that it would have been because the account was not activated yet. He approved the account and activation will occur sometime today.
agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:12:35 AM

Do you happen to have any pictures of your hardware assembly setup, machines, etc or anything to show you're legit?
agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:44:51 PM

I like this board assembler only because of the more diverse offerings.  Others only look to produce the K16, for example. 

I haven't ordered chips yet, and I'm having trouble deciding which group buy to join. Where have others gotten their chips from? 
violetdream

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:37:46 PM

Hi, any updates here? I am really wanting to get a K16, and preferably be able to pay for everything in USD via paypal since it can be difficult for me to get enough bitcoin. Last time I used Localbitcoins to buy some, the price dropped so much overnight, that I didn't have enough to buy what I wanted anymore Sad So I prefer Paypal for things like this, the fact that I can get credit card points, or have some assurance if the item doesn't ship, etc.

Anyway I'm also interested in what group buys people are using or if sensei could possibly provide the chips himself? I'd pay a premium just to get around the hassle of having to join a group buy, send in the chips, and also ordering the K16 here. Perhaps sensei himself could start a group buy?
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:53:36 PM

I'm curious; I have assorted chips in assorted group buys, and I've purchased some extra for potential faulty chips, and I'm wondering if I don't use all my extra, can I then send them to you personally and have them mounted on K1s?  Or do they have to come directly from group buys?  What if it's only like 9?
sensei (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:03:37 PM

bkkcoins has Nonces accepted now on the version 1 board. This is great news. There are still some hurdles to overcome but great progress has been made.

I have one K1 and one K16 board on the way to me so I can work on setting up my PnP. I have to have a csv file that identifies the location of each part and the reel from which it is retrieved. I'll be making a large order of most of the caps and resistors needed in the next few days. There are a couple that are up in the air as to the need or value of. I hope they will be resolved shortly. I may order anyway as resistors are cheap.

I have a small operation, but will be able to assemble the boards quick enough. This is me and my new PnP that I received last week. Next to the machine are some of the parts that I've received for the boards.

I've also been sent 8 sample chips so I can prove out the whole build process. Nothing says done like when you see it working.
btceic

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 11:13:14 PM

congrats! and thanks for all the hard work.

has there been any work on the designs for the k1 heatsink?

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:43:37 PM

This is great...love seeing people that actually know what they are doing...can't wait to order.
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:16:47 PM

Will you be offering the Rev.2 K16 if overlooking is not part of Rev.1?

Also interested about shipping to Australia. I will need assembly for 20 boards.

Cheers

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:40:59 AM

Will you be offering the Rev.2 K16 if overlooking is not part of Rev.1?

Also interested about shipping to Australia. I will need assembly for 20 boards.

Cheers
I sure will. My son wants to overclock to the max and put the radiator out the window.

We'll be happy to build some for you.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:43:13 AM

congrats! and thanks for all the hard work.

has there been any work on the designs for the k1 heatsink?
When I get the rev 1 board this week, we will start looking at heatsinks.
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:27:36 AM

sensei,

Love the photo Smiley

I'd like to change my assembly service to using your service. I have 40 chips from ragingazn's batch 1 group buy that will be coming your way that I want to have assembled into 3 K16s (two complete ones, and one that is half full).

Please can you confirm that this is ok? I'm just confirming that ragingazn can change the shipping address to yours.

Thanks

scotjam
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:48:54 PM

Great have you. I will be looking for your chips.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 04:29:57 PM

Hi sensei and everyone following your work.  Great work, looks like you are really on track.  Mind if I post that pic when I do your profile page on decentralizedhashing.com?

I am asking in the mining threads about what what people think is a reasonable lead time for a person making a new order.  Of course yours would be dependent on when Avalon ships.  November is seen as completely unfair by many, and for opposite reasons.  I would like to present a wider range of views.  What do you think a fair lead time would be?  You can see how I am starting to handle this here (not done with the profile)

http://decentralizedhashing.com/bitcoin-mining-equipment-table/kncminer/

Eventually I would like to add as much information about each manufacturer as possible.  What would you like to see?
Thanks,
FCTaiChi

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:57:31 PM

FINAL BETA K16 v0.3.0 Board Design Released.

I've pushed my latest design files up to GitHub and updated the parts list.

Have Fun. New 3D render and gerber outputs also there. Use gerbv and open the kicad/ka6/ka6.gvp file.

Tomorrow I hope to have a web store open. Still a bunch of work to do there, setup Paypal and Bitcoin Pmts, and I need to take a few photos. Initially I expect to have pre-order K16 and K1 Board Only sales. Pre-order as in I'll order the boards and when they come in I'll ship them out - not months of angst waiting.

I'll also have Solder Paste Stencils for K16 and K1, and a small plain Heat Sink for the K1 as well. The boards include a license fee component, and pricing for QTY 1-9, 10-25, 26-50, 51-99, 100+. I plan to add some pre-programmed PIC parts later but that also depends on supply, and there's not much point in that until I have a boot loader written.

Note - my firmware files now default for use with inverters on result data and clk. If you still use non-inverted you will need to edit two lines before building in addition to setting chip count and bank values. I'll get some of this cleaned up with proper defines before long.

Next up: QFN variant and then K1 revision.

Looks like things are starting to line up.
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:34:28 PM

Any updates Sensei? it seems like your the only guy in the US making K1's.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:18:28 PM

I'm interested in this as I ordered a few extra Avalon chips in case some of mine were bad, just in case, thru Steamboat.

Once I get the leftover chips, I will be sending them to you to make into K1's, just for fun.

I will have up to 8, assuming none of my other chips are defective.

Thanks !
TomKeddie

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:07:50 AM

Am interested in a K16 without ASICs.  Am wondering if you plan to roll these out soon since all the ducks are lined up.  Do you have a supply of PICs?  There seems to be a shortage.

Thanks,
Tom
Ascension

Activity: 457

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:45:03 AM

when do you expect the boards to ship out?
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:53:22 AM

Am interested in a K16 without ASICs.  Am wondering if you plan to roll these out soon since all the ducks are lined up.  Do you have a supply of PICs?  There seems to be a shortage.

Thanks,
Tom
I have PICs. I think I have 400 of the QFN version.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:00:06 AM

when do you expect the boards to ship out?
The K1 was only released today, but I expect I will have boards in about 2 weeks. I have 4prototype boards of the K16 already ordered and should have them early next week. I will use them to check parts placement, the solder stencil, reflow oven, and heat sinks.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:03:17 AM

Thanks,
Tom
Once I am building these, i can easily build without ASICs. I have added the option to purchase boards without ASICs on my website.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:53:20 AM

Update.

I have ordered the final version of boards and will have them in 2 weeks.

I have ordered heat sinks and will also have them in 2 weeks.

On most parts, I have enough on hand to build 500 K16's. Some of the more expensive parts, I have enough for about 250 boards. These more expensive parts are also becoming very scarce and unavailable because everyone has been buying them up for these boards.

Here below, I show parts placed by the PnP onto double sided tape. Some of the parts move around a little, but much better than no tape.

The origin of the board needs to be honed in a little, but when the board is heated and the solder paste starts to reflow, all the parts get sucked into the solder and onto the pads.

I have enough parts on hand to make about 250 K16's. The first 50 are mine and the rest I will build for customers.

www.mittenmining.com

I also received a water cooled heatsink yesterday. I will mount up some boards to it and post it next week. It will cool six K16's.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:56:12 AM

looks sweet!~ By chance could you post a photo of the waterblock? want to see how it looks

Danny
niner

Activity: 189

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:13:56 AM

I have enough parts on hand to make about 250 K16's. The first 50 are mine and the rest I will build for customers.

Assuming you'll be mining with those 50 boards.  Would you consider hosting some equipment
for customers that order from you?  say a K64 or two?

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:21:48 AM

Assuming you'll be mining with those 50 boards.  Would you consider hosting some equipment
for customers that order from you?  say a K64 or two?
That's something I've seen others offer, and it really is a full time job. We become responsible to make sure that your equipment is running 24x7. I will not rule it out as something we may offer in the future.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:26:18 AM

I was working with the PnP machine today and got a script running to place the ASICs on the K16 board.

We put a video up showing 8 ASICs being placed on a version 1 K16.... in less than 5 seconds.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7Az-9tceMH4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7Az-9tceMH4%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

skrazy

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:45:44 AM

Any update what you will use for heatsinks?
davidtehbest

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:54:28 PM

Can we pay with a debit card or verified paypal account? When do you think we can expect to have these at our door steps as an estimate time frame?
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:53:24 AM

Can we pay with a debit card or verified paypal account? When do you think we can expect to have these at our door steps as an estimate time frame?

I believe he has stated in the past, it will be up to couple weeks after he receives the chips from you.  No idea on payment options.

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
Stack

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:59:19 AM

http://www.mittenmining.com/

his site supports paypal and bitpay

sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:51:54 AM

Yes, I do take Paypal and BitPay on my website, or just bitcoin at the address in the first post of this thread

The heat sink I am using is 78mm x 100mm x 32mm high.

Estimated delivery may be a couple of weeks after chips have arrived, but I think it will be more like one week.

I can see this is going to be a very busy August.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:06:42 AM

I got a box on the doorstep today with a bunch of TP-Link WR703N's in it. We were able to connect to one and reflash it with Open WRt and cgminer. These things are really neat devices. I saw them in China in February when I was looking for a 3G modem for my phone. While labeled as 3G, these things don't support 3G at all.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:30:59 PM

If anyone has 16 chips ordered from one of the first group guys I would love to buy them off of you with escrow of course.
volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:07:25 PM

Let's say I will have avalon chips in hand next week. What is turnaround time for 2xK16?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:37:19 PM

I got a box on the doorstep today with a bunch of TP-Link WR703N's in it. We were able to connect to one and reflash it with Open WRt and cgminer. These things are really neat devices. I saw them in China in February when I was looking for a 3G modem for my phone. While labeled as 3G, these things don't support 3G at all.

I've been having fun playing with those.  Very neat devices, and they have incredibly low power usage (about 500mW).

For some reason the ones shipped in the Avalons have been upgraded with a 64MB RAM chip.  From the factory they ship with 32MB installed, which seems to work OK for me running cgminer on it, with a stack of 6 CM1s attached.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:43:16 AM

Let's say I will have avalon chips in hand next week. What is turnaround time for 2xK16?
1 week at the most. I don't see it as being more than a couple of days. I will build a batch at a time. If I have my chips by then, I would likely ship out known working units and use your chips when another batch is built. If that is ok with you.

Hopefully, I will be building a batch every day. I could probably build 20 a day. When I feel the load is sufficient, I will take some time off and pump out loads of boards.

The final boards have shipped and the heat sinks should arrive any day now as well.
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:45:40 AM

I've been having fun playing with those.  Very neat devices, and they have incredibly low power usage (about 500mW).

For some reason the ones shipped in the Avalons have been upgraded with a 64MB RAM chip.  From the factory they ship with 32MB installed, which seems to work OK for me running cgminer on it, with a stack of 6 CM1s attached.
I hope they don't have to have to extra RAM. Not hard to put in, I just don't want the hassle of finding/buying/installing.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:47:41 PM

Oh my...Have you all seen yifu's update thread?

http://www.avalon-asics.com/ (there are two pages)

Basically we have no other details and the chips are supposedly stuck in customs with no documentation to prove it or any tracking numbers yet. Not looking very bright.
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:54:52 PM

SoggyLettuce has a Good point about the Avalon Chips.

I am very interested in picking up a few of these boards (like 10 or 20)... But it looks like they would be "Chipless Wonders" till Avalon does manage to supply.

This is definitely an interesting situation -- and no reflection on Mitten -- but -- "What to do?".

Perhaps it will become clearer over the next two weeks -- maybe it will become less clear.

Then, it looks like the version three chips will need a board revision. Ah well -- that's life in the manufacturing game.

Might be nice to hear thoughts on solutions to these issues. (Not complaining.)

Turnaround: People keep asking about turnaround -- almost everyone is using offshore assembly -- so assume two weeks minimum. I have checked everywhere I knew of. And yes I do see that he is suggesting two days -- which means he has equipment or access to a local mounting shop. That would be nice. Clarification that this is so would be a valuable addition to the thread .

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
sensei (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:47:22 AM

I've received my first boards and just finished my first K16

The thermistor is missing, and one resistor moved off a pad, but everything else looks ok. We'll program it up tomorrow. The Pickit3 is proving difficult to use. The PICLF1459 isn't in the list, but I'm sure we'll get that sorted out soon enough.

The first 50 I build were going to be for my use, but I haven't received my chips yet. I have one customer who has sent me their chips, so their build will begin promptly.

Here are the K1's I built. I don't have software yet for the K1. Hopefully it will be done soon.

I had to take off and reflow the ASCIs on the K1. I'll have to take a closer look at the ones on the K16.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:35:53 AM

Wow, I'm really digging the red pcb...Looks really nice.

Yifu said either today or yesterday that he shipped out 130k chips so hopefully they start circulating around.
fasmax

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:38:09 AM

The software that came with my PicKit 3 didn't support the PIC16LF1459.
I downloaded MPLAB IPE Beta V1.80 from microchip's website several weeks ago and was able to program the PIC using that.
Please keep us informed on your bring up efforts of the revised K16 board.
Thanks!
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:29:58 AM

K1's look great, Sadly me being in Batch #3 I may be only beable to only get 1-2 because of ROI.
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:34:21 AM

I am very interested in picking up a few of these boards (like 10 or 20)... But it looks like they would be "Chipless Wonders" till Avalon does manage to supply.

This is definitely an interesting situation -- and no reflection on Mitten -- but -- "What to do?".

Perhaps it will become clearer over the next two weeks -- maybe it will become less clear.

Then, it looks like the version three chips will need a board revision. Ah well -- that's life in the manufacturing game

kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:59:36 AM

Does the K64 come c/w the i2C jumpers for data flow between all of the K16's so that it is plug and play?

cheers,
kev
Stack

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:55:44 PM

It is a shame about the K1s

since they were meant to fill the need of cheap usb miners that actually have a promising roi.
But that ship sailed.. now they cost as much as an asicminer and are less powerful.

I'm glad I only ordered 1, which I did out of pure interest, something about these DIY projects put my brain into pokemon mode, I have to have at least 1 of every miner Tongue

Anyway, here's hoping yifu doesn't disappear again, before shipping the rest of the batches.

skrazy

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:55:23 PM

Any update on the test boards you put together?
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:41:38 PM

Just to keep people updated apparently Yifu is going to be offering a full refund. I'm sure Sensei has a lot invested in parts as well as all of the other people who were going to build the boards. Hopefully we can put together something to donate to them and help recoup their losses.

Although I am sure some boards will still be built but a lot of people are going to take the refund if they want to see their money again.
Stack

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:18:39 AM

I have already sent a PM asking for a partial refund

I think that is the most amicable way to resolve this.

Even if that means only 50%, I would rather have that money back in my pocket

botnet

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:47:12 AM

Just curious if there are any updates regarding the K16 boards.  Our chips were sent about a month ago but I haven't heard anything over email or PM. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: