Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 02:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying $50 in BTC for 300 word essay  (Read 1426 times)
vitalemontea (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:38:20 PM

I need 300-400 word statement of purpose for computer science bachelor admission written in next 6 hours.

You will get $50 in BTC if you can deliver essay in next 1 hour.
You will get $30 in BTC if you deliver it in next 2 hours.
You will get $20 in BTC if you deliver it in last 4 hours.
(MTGox average rate)

I will not go first, you will get money if your essay is decent. No, I don't need anything really good, just something that's not too bad.
Please do not post essay anywhere, PM it to me. No files, PM clear text.

Here's what to include, not requirement, just a tip to get you started:
# What are the characteristics needed to be a good expert in your chosen field?
# Why are you interested in a career in your chosen field?
# Explain how you have researched your choice of study and prepared yourself for studying in the Netherlands.
# Why should we accept you as a student in your chosen programme?

Post in this thread if you are working on it, so others know if it's taken or not.
vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:43:58 PM

Cmon guys I don't need it perfect, just something that's not too bad
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:47:42 PM

I'll take this on.  PM'ed.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:49:52 PM

I'll take this on.  PM'ed.
Alright, thread closed for now. I'll let everyone know if he backs out or if his essay is unacceptable.
vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:06:00 PM

Sorry for wasting time, I don't need it anymore because of unfortunate turn of events.
BitCoinUser123

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:09:47 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 10:55:21 PM by BitCoinUser123

I'm stupid for bothering, but you are a scammer.

Edit: OP more than made good on his obligations here.  I was angry and was hasty in making such accusations.  It was wrong of me, and I have apologized.

vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:12:27 PM

I let you know that I don't need it anymore within 5 minutes.
God you are fast to give that scammer tag.

Sorry didn't except guy to tell me he doesn't need it anymore.
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:13:21 PM

Scamming would entail waiting for the essay and not paying, or giving signs of such. the OP simply canceled within a reasonable time; no harm done.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:14:42 PM

Scamming would entail waiting for the essay and not paying, or giving signs of such. the OP simply canceled within a reasonable time; no harm done.

He still wasted the guys time.. You don't do that lol. That's pretty sad.

Once they start, you've signed the contract and ya off. No cancelling lol
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

He apologized and it was like 10 minutes. Big whoop. What can you do, but complain?
DerSchwede

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:18:29 PM

in my business 25% is the usual fee, if ya cancel the job - after you agreed - and somebody started working.

he had a "has to be done in 1 h" paragraph - so what did he expect , other then somebody who speeds up ?
if the guys is fast he has the first 100-200 words in the 17 minutes between you said - "ok"  and "oh not sorry"

just my 2 cents.
fredtrader

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:23:00 PM

From the time stamp its 20 minutes after the guy started that he backed out, thats half the essay of within an hour. I would agree on him being a scammer if he doesn't compensate that in some way.
BitCoinUser123

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:23:10 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 11:27:27 PM by BitCoinUser123

a) It wasn't 5 minutes, it was over 20.
b) You ask for a rush job on an ASAP basis, aiming for under an hour and then cancel within half an hour - that means that the job would be substantially done (or completely done, as in this case) by the time you cancel.
b) I'm not asking for a scammer tag, I'm not submitting a report, I'm saying that I'm personally displeased with you and I consider your conduct unacceptable

Your feedback that you "doubt I could write the essay in that timeframe" is both irrelevant and wrong.  It's neither here nor there to me, it was a dodgy transaction to start with.  But you are not in the right here, whether "scammer" is objectively the right label or not.

I needed to calm down here and actually talk to the OP, not assume that he was jerking me around.  He acquitted himself admirably, and I feel rather bad for getting so angry with him. Being angry was justified, but slagging down his character was not.

WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:23:57 PM

I need 300-400 word statement of purpose for computer science bachelor admission written in next 6 hours.

You will get $50 in BTC if you can deliver essay in next 1 hour.
You will get $30 in BTC if you deliver it in next 2 hours.
You will get $20 in BTC if you deliver it in last 4 hours.
(MTGox average rate)

I will not go first, you will get money if your essay is decent. No, I don't need anything really good, just something that's not too bad.
Please do not post essay anywhere, PM it to me. No files, PM clear text.

Here's what to include, not requirement, just a tip to get you started:
# What are the characteristics needed to be a good expert in your chosen field?
# Why are you interested in a career in your chosen field?
# Explain how you have researched your choice of study and prepared yourself for studying in the Netherlands.
# Why should we accept you as a student in your chosen programme?

Post in this thread if you are working on it, so others know if it's taken or not.

Computer science strikes me as a field of precision. A good computer scientist must be naturally logically oriented and able to work more effectively with concrete ideas, and be detail oriented. A talent excelled at by a certain percentage of minds, of which mine is included. Being an expert in any field requires passion, and an understanding of the potential that has yet to be reaped from further study in the field of one's choice. It requires a desire to take knowledge to limit of current understanding so that one might be prepared to contribute effectively.

I am interested in computer science because I grew up with computers and have had to gain an intrinsic understanding of their functions when interacting with them. So far I have a fundamental understand of *fill in the blank* and experience from taking classes in *whatever* *use your liberties here I guess*

Opportunities for code and logic oriented people able to understand computing are being created everyday, and I have the ambition and drive to succeed at offering as much to the Netherlands as the Netherlands has to offer me.

Hope this helps.
WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

Lol nm. Guess that was a waste of ten minutes, lol.
vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:38:40 PM

a) It wasn't 5 minutes, it was over 20.
b) You ask for a rush job on an ASAP basis, aiming for under an hour and then cancel within half an hour - that means that the job would be substantially done (or completely done, as in this case) by the time you cancel.
b) I'm not asking for a scammer tag, I'm not submitting a report, I'm saying that I'm personally displeased with you and I consider your conduct unacceptable

Your feedback that you "doubt I could write the essay in that timeframe" is both irrelevant and wrong.  It's neither here nor there to me, it was a dodgy transaction to start with.  But you are not in the right here, whether "scammer" is objectively the right label or not.

Offer me options on how to compensate.
BitCoinUser123

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:44:26 PM

I was just about to post a follow-up reply here now that I've had a few minutes to cool down.

To be clear - I'm personally ticked off, but I'm not submitting a scam accusation and I'm not even filling out a negative trust evaluation.  I would say that your conduct was improper, but I also see where you are coming from.  If your "customer" pulled his request, then you're in the same situation as I am, but without undertaking the work.

In future if you're going to do something like this, I'd strongly suggest you have the funds ahead of time, because you can't request a <1-hr turnaround and cancel within half an hour and then expect people not to be angry.

Honestly, there's no way to compensate that wouldn't leave you out of pocket on the deal.  I'd like to be paid something, but I don't honestly expect it.  Simplest solution would be for you to compensate with a good transaction another time where you contact me directly and then pay prior to work being completed, particularly now that you've seen that I can produce pretty quickly.

Would I love to be paid 25%?  Yes.  Do I think it's strictly reasonable for you to make nothing and have to pay me 1/4 of what you were going to make?  Not particularly.

Somebody's out of pocket on this no matter how you look at it.  I'm annoyed, but I'm not so unreasonable as to actually hold it against you in the long term.  I'd accept an apology and a recognition of the fact that I did the job appropriately, even though you're in a position of the order vanishing for whatever reason.  To be honest, the thing that bugged me the most was your implication via PM that I was dishonest in saying I had finished.

Sorry, I'm rambling again.  Bottom line:  No way to compensate that isn't to some degree a case of me robbing you over what I feel entitled to.  I'm a fan of efficiency, and anybody paying something for gaining nothing isn't efficient.  I wasted twenty-some minutes of my time, there's no reason for you to also waste a fraction of a BTC on business you didn't get.  I don't consider that you owe me anything, but the apology and acknowledgement that I got it done would be nice.

vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:46:01 PM

Give me address to send %25 to
vitalemontea (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:53:55 PM

Sent 25%, sorry for all the trouble
BitCoinUser123

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:58:03 PM

OP more than made good.  I shouldn't have gotten as angry as I did, and particularly shouldn't have done so publicly.  Apologies for kicking up a fuss, and thank you for making good.  Very solid.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: