Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 01:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying $50 in BTC for 300 word essay  (Read 1422 times)
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:20:10 PM

OP more than made good.  I shouldn't have gotten as angry as I did, and particularly shouldn't have done so publicly.  Apologies for kicking up a fuss, and thank you for making good.  Very solid.

Cheesy
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:25:41 PM

From the time stamp its 20 minutes after the guy started that he backed out, thats half the essay of within an hour. I would agree on him being a scammer if he doesn't compensate that in some way.

This was my thought exactly. Had I been the one to accept this, I would have started on it immediately and had it completed (along with all editing and proofreading) within 15 to 20 minutes. I would be very disappointed if he then, after all of that work, turned around and said it was no longer needed. It's not like I would have any other use for that work, and it would mean I took time away from my other work. As a result, I would not be willing to take the 25%. I could understand accepting this if you hadn't started, though.

Also, I would say that vitalemontea lucked out on this deal. Not to be too critical, but BitCoinUser123's posts here are grammatically incorrect and one would assume that an admissions essay would be looking for a more professionally written statement. In most cases I would not call someone out for this, but when it deals with areas where proper writing is important, it becomes a big deal.

Don't worry, BitCoinUser123. I still love you! <3.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:42:01 PM

Thanks Ranlo - I think.   Tongue

Posts written on a forum are not representative of anybody's best work.  Sentence fragments aren't OK in professional writing, but they're perfectly acceptable in casual usage here.

In this case, the OP was very clear that he was looking for speed rather than perfection, which I delivered.  Perfection takes more time, but I can deliver that as well.  Your criticism is duly noted however - I'll take more care in my forum posts generally.   Wink

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
vitalemontea (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:47:33 PM

you guys sure love yakking about nothing
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:48:45 PM

Thanks Ranlo - I think.   Tongue

Posts written on a forum are not representative of anybody's best work.  Sentence fragments aren't OK in professional writing, but they're perfectly acceptable in casual usage here.

In this case, the OP was very clear that he was looking for speed rather than perfection, which I delivered.  Perfection takes more time, but I can deliver that as well.  Your criticism is duly noted however - I'll take more care in my forum posts generally.   Wink

It wasn't an attack at your forum posts themselves. It's just the principle of the matter when it deals with situations like this. It just reminded me of a post I saw on CraigsList where a guy was offering up his professional writing services (with claims he has been teaching English in college for years) and yet it was riddled with mistakes like "your going to love it." My first thought was, "there's no way I would trust him with professional documents. I would have to go back and proofread them after he's done, and if I'm doing that I might as well just write them."

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Yes, I completely understand.  That's why I didn't take any offence to the criticism.  I did have to respond, because my posts within this thread particularly have been pretty slapdash.  I think it's a fair point to bring up, but I don't think the comparison or criticism is entirely justified concern in this case.  Even accounting for speed and carelessness, my posts are generally pretty good.  You certainly won't see me say that "your going to love" my work.  My use of sentence fragments and such within this thread was initially reflective of the need for speed, and then of how angry I was.  Basically, I'm saying "Please don't judge me.  If you must, please don't judge me on this thread lest your judgement be appropriately negative".  Smiley

you guys sure love yakking about nothing

I'm shutting up now.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: