Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need to pay income tax if we earn through Bitcoin or Altcoins??  (Read 1994 times)
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:49:01 PM

Not yet but it is going to happen in the future there are still few ways of ditching this tax trade on etherdelta the exchange might be completely different and a but hard to understand but it is decentralised.
We all can see china is soon going to give out licenses to exchanges meaning there will be government control and tax will surely be charged on all profits earned.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:27:41 PM

Depends on which country you live in. And hope you bought or earned bitcoins. If you have bought for $2500 and sold them for $4000 then for the profit you got was about $1500, for that you'll be charged income tax. Government's still think it as an investment plan.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
roshanface123

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:43:30 PM

Rules and regulations of each country is different from other countries .In this situation the payment of tax on our income is fully depends up on the country and the rules held on it.Tax payment is the duty of a person for having part of the development of their country.Some of the countries are not accepting any tax amount from bitcoin because it's a crypto currency.But most of the countries are taking bitcoin as a source of income instead of crypto currency,so in that situation we have to pay the tax fee on our profitable income that we earned from bitcoin.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:00:07 PM

Income tax must be paid if it is directly established by the state in the place of residence. In other cases, you can pay income tax on the profit from crypto currency at will.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1349

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:06:13 PM

From what I've read in different threads and articles you don't have to pay taxes if you're earning coins without turning them into fiat or other physical goods. It's not because you shouldn't do it, but because nobody can prove how many coins you own. When you convert it into fiat, you'll get the money into your bank account, which connects the wealth with your real ID. Same thing happens when you buy a car or a house.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

From what I've read in different threads and articles you don't have to pay taxes if you're earning coins without turning them into fiat or other physical goods. It's not because you shouldn't do it, but because nobody can prove how many coins you own. When you convert it into fiat, you'll get the money into your bank account, which connects the wealth with your real ID. Same thing happens when you buy a car or a house.
Totally agree with you. I do not understand why do not understand the miners and the developers. Instead of uniting efforts to create conditions stimulating the development of trade and the spread of the use of bitcoins directly without exchanging for Fiat they are fighting for profit.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:19:49 PM

yes so far i don't think there is a binding rule to pay taxes on the profits derived from our efforts on bitcoin or altcoin, except to exchange paper money, certainly there are some legal bitcoin countries that will impose taxes on such exchanges.
Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:24:37 PM

Every country has their own rules and in my country I don't have to pay tax for Bitcoin income cause it's still not legalized in my country so it's still not goods or currency that why their no tax for Bitcoin income. But maybe it'll be changed in next 2 years cause the government in my country is going to legalize Bitcoin as a currency and I can use it to purchase anything.
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:52:02 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is considered as income. But apparently, bitcoin is very anonymous and even the government doesn't have control with you earning bitcoin. This is also an issue to be raised when the government legalize bitcoin. The government will probably think of ways how to get income tax from bitcoin users.
Franco-wiz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:53:36 PM

I personally don't think we have to pay any taxes on any altcoin for the fact that they bankers didn't create them, Simple principle give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. Look at Caesar as the world banker, With that in mind they don't own altcoins so we shouldn't pay them a dime.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:23:44 PM

Tax are normally paid to government by the citizens so we do not need to paid tax since bitcoin is not control by government. I think bitcoin is that concept that grant us total financial freedom.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:27:22 PM

I personally don't think we have to pay any taxes on any altcoin for the fact that they bankers didn't create them, Simple principle give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. Look at Caesar as the world banker, With that in mind they don't own altcoins so we shouldn't pay them a dime.

Do you really think the government cares what it is? Their only priority is to collect as much tax income as possible, period. If you buy Bitcoin like $50K in Bitcoin, depending on what country you're living in, you might end up paying tax over that amount. On top of that, if you cash out to secure profits, you once again need to pay tax, but now over your profits. Crypto in general isn't a joke anymore due to the government catching up and forcing through regulations. The only question is whether or not people actually declare their profits and such, and let this be something I highly doubt.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:29:38 PM

Do we still need to pay income tax if we earn through trading/investing in Bitcoin or Altcoins?? Huh

There is only one correct answer to this question, SPEAK WITH A TAX ACCOUNTANT IN YOUR RESPECTIVE TERRITORY.  Laws differ from place to place.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:48:52 PM

in fact we have to pay income tax on legal currency and in most of the place governments do not turn  bitcoin as legal currency there for i think that it can also be the reason that we are not paying income tax on bitcoin. In future i think when bitcoin will become as legal currency then we will pay tax on it, but in current time i do not think that we are paying tax on bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:41:28 AM

I don't know. because in my country there is no tax that must be paid in transactions bitcoin or allcoin.
every country has rules and laws regarding other bitcoins and cryptoes. to my knowledge, depending on the location and country where you live.
There might not be a specific tax for you to pay for the transactions in bitcoin and alternative coins but when you convert your coins and send the money to  your bank account then you are liable to pay the tax either way even if they have not legalized crypto currency ,it all depends upon how much you are earning and if it exceeds the taxable limit you are liable to pay a tax.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:45:36 AM

Do we still need to pay income tax if we earn through trading/investing in Bitcoin or Altcoins?? Huh
I don't think so. Altcoin and Bitcoin are decentralized and is an open source system meaning, they are both not under the government. I think we are not and there's no need to pay income tax since the source of income is not under the government's control. But still, we are paying tax when we buy things using fiat converted from Bitcoin or altcoin or simply, the profit from the investment in cryptos. So technically, you are still paying tax but not specifically income tax.
MisterKT

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:47:59 AM

As long as the money you wire back to your bank account does not exceed that that was transferred to the crypto account, it is ok.
Another option is to keep the money in you crypto account.
Laser_Man

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:59:34 AM

Nope. Since crypto is not recognized by the Government as of now. so, we dont need to pay income tax in our trading/investing in Bitcoin or in other Coins.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:26:39 PM

The cryptocurrencies are decentralized and that is bitcoin and other altcoins and that is why the government cannot do anything about it but to just regulate and they cannot tax it and that is an advantage for us because we can get our income as a whole and we don't need to worry for the taxes or extra fee that we are going to pay so it is very good for a source of income like this and that is why a lot of people are getting into it.
yishak

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:48:24 PM

As far as I know there are no such thing as taxing when it comes to all cryptocurrencies as a whole and I don't believe that its possible to tax them unless you government has legalized all cryptocurrency exchange sites and wallets which will be pretty hard to accomplish thanks to the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: