Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:27:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Build my first altcoin rig, Suggested cards to use?  (Read 295 times)
jchi2210 (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:01:18 AM

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I was going to see what cards you guys suggest to use for altcoin mining?

I think I've already chosen my mobo, psu, and whatnot, but I'm not sure which cards would be best. I'm newish to this and this is my first rig. Money really is not a problem when it comes to it, I want to build something that is pretty profitable. Do you guys suggest I use Nicehash to mine alctoins once I get it built? Thanks!

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:29:47 AM

If you would have simply read one a random thread in this section you would have found yourself that rx 470/480/570/580 or nvidia 1060/1070 are the best cards.

It depends on the prices and stocks
plbartie

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

ALTCOM wallet: AYGDb1Zwf3vfs2xC4D1G63wwy9RLU5Kb5r

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:44:03 AM

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I was going to see what cards you guys suggest to use for altcoin mining?

I think I've already chosen my mobo, psu, and whatnot, but I'm not sure which cards would be best. I'm newish to this and this is my first rig. Money really is not a problem when it comes to it, I want to build something that is pretty profitable. Do you guys suggest I use Nicehash to mine alctoins once I get it built? Thanks!

I personally would suggest the 1070's as they have good hash rates and will have better resale value.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:48:20 AM

don't use nicehash man, people will tell you its a grand ol thing but frankly it not. its purely convience of getting paid in bitcoin, but you are really out to make max profit pick a coin you want to mine, after that you will know which gpus you will need to get. I mine zcash eith both amd and NVidia gpus but I do that because mining dagger-hashimoto does create a bit more heat and whats worse is id want to make it profitable more so by dual mining with claymores eth dual miner but again that's more heat being created as the gpus are working harder, so there are somethings that do come into play as to what gpus you should get, even just 6 gpus running 24/7 can make a lot of unwanted heat, again though pick a coin do some research on said coin, do some coin benchmarks with the gpus, a lot of amd are more efficient at mining ETH, or ETC rather than mining say Zcash or Zclassic, while NVidia rock with zcash and zclassic but amd not so much, so know that little bit of information can help dictate which gpus you may want to get

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:49:14 AM

There's already tons of topics like this... Try to do a little bit of research

Today, good GPU are rare to find, just buy anything you can find : RX470/480/570/580 / GT 1070

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:58:09 AM

Today, good GPU are rare to find, just buy anything you can find : RX470/480/570/580 / GT 1070

I agreed, good cards are hardly to buy, if you can get the AMD model that mentioned by bouldou, then go ahead and get it. Else GTX1070 is another good choice for mining.

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:00:39 AM

I agreed, good cards are hardly to buy, if you can get the AMD model that mentioned by bouldou, then go ahead and get it. Else GTX1070 is another good choice for mining.

I don't even mess with the rx 480s no more, 580 8gb or 1070 8gb that's the way to go unless you wanna go like 1080 ti which just blows amd out the water on zcash as far as efficiency goes

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: