Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New trader, advice on starting up please?  (Read 577 times)
Pablo Navarta (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

Hello everyone, first of all I'd like to introduce myself and say something about my current situation and of why I ended up more interested in trading than any other alternative.
I first heard and became very interested in Bitcoin and it's evolution when I was in school. Sadly I had not enough money of my own and my parents scoffed at me when I tried to explain them about this new rising oportunity. Back then it was standing at less than 700 U$D. It's a damn shame.
Now that I got my own job I wanna try to jump on the train before it's too late. Despite the fact that the price has gone way up in this years and now it's a lot harder for me to begin, I strongly believe that it's going to keep on growing so the steep price of entry is well justified.
Unfortunately I have a rather serious problem, which is the country I live in. It sucks. Our trade rate is over 15 times next to U$D, and inflation is constant and very high every year. On top of that my countrymen have the tendency to try and take advantage of you and overprice a ton. I was first investigating about mining because I wanted to buy an EBit E9 that would have given me 9 TH to take advantage of our low energy cost, but when shopping online on my countries webpage (both eBay and Amazon send very very few items to my country, and miners were not one of them, also customs tax is very high as well) I realized they were charging me more that 100% extra from retail price. It was a barrier that so far I can't overcome (almost a year of my salary), and of course there's the fact that I'm still rather green with this subject and I got afraid that I would endebt myself a lot only to end up messing up the setup and burning the device. So I'm afraid mining for now is not an option sadly.
As of online games and faucets, or completing offers, my job takes that out of the picture as well, since I'm almost all day out of my house and I get back in time just to eat and sleep before starting again.
Thats why pretty much trading is the thing that has my attention. I'm saving up some money every month (in U$D is a lot less but still something to begin) and I wanted to invest it on buying BTC and holding them because unlike my own national currency, BTC is a strong currency that keeps going up. I know there are risks involved but leaving my money in the bank is just slowly eating it up because of the inflation, so I wanted a countermeasure to protect my capital.
From what I've read the best standing market for newbies is now Bittrex but I think you need to already have BTC to operate on it. I can't seem to find a way to turn my money to BTC. This brings me to my second problem. So far the only online payment provider that I've found that would be willing to vinculate with an Argentinian bank account or Credit Card is PayPal. But from what I saw searching at the forum this provider is very bad for operating with BTC and I'm likely to find no one who would deal with me in this way.
Summing up my questions are:

How do I buy BTC with USD?
Through which payment provider I can operate that I can turn my AR$ into USD and that people will accept in BTC transactions?

I know that I'm probably asking something that has been asked before. I apologize for that, but using the search I get so many results I can't really tell which information is the right one I'm seeking without fear of falling into scams because I'm not experienced enough in this subject, so I thought the best idea would be to come up front about my ignorance and ask for help. Also I apologize for any grammar mistakes that I might have made, as English is not my native language.
Thank you all in advance for taking the time for reading this massive post, and I await for some advice.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zsmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:11:01 PM

Is there not anyone on localbitcoins selling?  I always buy mine in person but there might not be anyone in your country doing that.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:22:22 PM

for argentina have a look here - https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/argentina/

try asking here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BitcoinArg/

very occasionally altcoins are given away for free like decred was that you could swap for bitcoin. there's a list here - https://airdropalert.com/ most of them require linked bitcoin, but some don't.

you might find someone here willing in the currency exchange section willing to deal with paypal, but you're gonna end up paying a lot and you might have to stick around before anyone trusts you. other than that the most obvious route with paypal is with virwox, but again you're gonna pay.
Pablo Navarta (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:59:52 PM

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'll check it out right away!
zsmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:36:03 PM

If you were going to try the currency section here, it  might be easier to send cash by mail or courier and use a trusted member to Escrow it than to find someone willing to accept PayPal.   Also, you can send cash to a seller on localbitcoins as well.   I would first exhaust opportunities to buy locally before I'd do either of these.
MarkJLunder

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:02:45 AM

My best advice would be to find a good reliable broker,apply proper risk management and fight your inner greed all the time.
Pablo Navarta (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

Thanks to you all guys, I got in contact with the Argentinian community and they pointed me to exchangers that take AR$ directly, managing to skip PayPal entirely. Now all that's left is several weeks of studying the art of trading altcoins so I can get on it.
111kg

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:00:44 PM

I would also suggest learning about trading in general. You don't have to actually own bitcoin to trade them as some of the forex brokers do have them. It's just that you have to pay a broker's fee every single day, but you can trade as many times per day as you'd like.

Trading alt coins might be a little bit too hard for a beginner, mainly because so far, they don't tend to follow any traditional trading rules. Good luck, though!
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:16:02 PM

If you want to buy bitcoins better to know your place if you are living like in india they have local exchange just like here we have a local wallet which is we can exchange bitcoin or fiat to bitcoin instantly without verification..
I always recommend that you need to find a local exchange where you can buy more cheap bitcoin or less rates..
So that you can getting benefits of buying bitcoin for less..
You can buy bitcoins from coinbase . or better to check this site and put your location where you live..
https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin
Or better to cex.io for more safety place to buy..
TanClan98

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:47:18 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 01:52:37 AM by TanClan98

First  as for my suggestion is a good PC because  even if trading can be done offline not like mining you should have a great PC for good performance in addition we need a great machine to make our life works better.

Second you must read instructions on starting the mechanics of trading.

Third remember that trading is not like mining you can earn monthly. Trading is been earn with luck sometimes you earn an high amount of money.
sandy rivers

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:36:44 AM

you can buy btc from neteller with your card from anywhere but it takes 1.9% as transaction fees for the amount you like to convert.
ruzadovec

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:18:36 AM

I am very sympathetic to your situation I have known bitcoin then bitcoin at only $ 100 a bitcoin and that year I am 15 years old did not see its depth so now its price is more than $ 4000. Now I'm starting to officially start playing bitcoin. You can buy bitcoin on the floor that your country supports or buy of people you know to avoid scam cases but the key is when you have bitcoin you will do with it to increase profits. Only bitcoin will keep the profits will be quite a long time. If you have not already, please contact me I will help you some keywords to increase your profits.You are assured that I only give you a few keywords to find out and decide whether to invest in it or not, I would not recommend investing in it or throwing your money somewhere.  Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: