Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if bitcoin will become the main coin, what will happen to the money we are using  (Read 1460 times)
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

i wonder: if Bitcoin will become the main coin, what will happen to the money we are using now like us dollar?
you should never thing that bitcoin will completely wiped out fiat money like dollars but we should expect a significant drop on how people use fiat money. Bitcoin is the money of the internet and many people do not have access to internet therefore we should expect many people to use fiat. Governments also issued bitcoin with it backing power and we should not expect them to just adop a money that they will not have control over. Fiat will never be do away from our societies because of the foregoing reasons. 
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:05:30 PM

i wonder: if Bitcoin will become the main coin, what will happen to the money we are using now like us dollar?

Don't get it wrong, bitcoin will never be the main currency of the world, of my country and your country. There's nothing that will happen to those currencies that we are using, because that's not possible to happen. This is even more possible that bitcoin will remain as the main cryptocurrency and those alt coins will be wiped out as per the gov't will want that to happen. Forget about that imagination about bitcoin as the main currency of the world.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 09:14:30 PM

Your question is incomplete. First of all Bitcoins is the main crypto currency, It is used by everyone almost, Everyone who comes to cryptocurrency first comes to Bitcoin then goes to some other altcoin. Bitcoin is the main currency, which is digitally used. If you are saying that Bitcoins will take the place of US Dollar or some other fiat, then it is not possible government will never let you do that.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
EEE14

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:21:29 PM

The money we use will not be anything. Because when Bitcoin is the main currency, our money will take the government through tax from Bitcoin.Do not forget that the government is getting smarter from you
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:26:09 PM

The money we use will not be anything. Because when Bitcoin is the main currency, our money will take the government through tax from Bitcoin.Do not forget that the government is getting smarter from you
Yes they will find a way to stop it .

mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 09:26:27 PM

If you mean about being a main coin is by being the primary currency in one if not in every country then I think if bitcoin reach that stage then that old currency will be completely replaced by bitcoin. So probably every remaining old currencies like dollars will become just an assest than can be converted to bitcoins but will not be reproduced again by banks.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:45:45 PM

Yes they will find a way to stop it .
Let us understand one thing that the world is changing from conventional use of currency and everything is digital and one thing i can assure you is that bitcoin wont be the primary currency in any particular country but view it as a global currency which can used to trade globally without any borders.No governments could stop a decentralized currency,they could only shut down exchanges.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:54:21 PM

Bitcoin being the main coin I guess only uncertain predictions. Especially considering the use of Bitcoin that must use the device. Local money will still be loved and widely used as the main currency. Because the original will not be replaced by something intangible.
Let's face it! Not even everyone have access to the Internet or are even informed to know much about bitcoin. Some people still prefer the traditional method of payment even despite the fact that they can go cashless and make all transactions online, let alone adopt to using bitcoin? I don't think so.

Like you said, people will still love fiats, no doubt about that and government will always prefer what they can control and bitcoin to them is not just the best option.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:35:12 PM

Bitcoin has always been the main coin (among other cryptocurrency), but if you mean the main currency including fiat, i think it won't happen because government simply can make regulation or ban bitcoin to prevent that from happening.
But if that really happen, most fiat will lost it's value while some government either adopt bitcoin with regulation/monitoring or strictly forbid any bitcoin activity.
The governments uses their local currencies as of the tools to control people and which is some Bitcoin denies then, so I strongly doubt the governments in their numbers are going to hand over their economy to a technology they're not in any position to effectively monitor and control. Of a fact, we're never going to hear the last of any fiat currency, because those are actually symbols for the various countries they stand for.
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:45:13 PM

Bitcoin being the main coin I guess only uncertain predictions. Especially considering the use of Bitcoin that must use the device. Local money will still be loved and widely used as the main currency. Because the original will not be replaced by something intangible.
Let's face it! Not even everyone have access to the Internet or are even informed to know much about bitcoin. Some people still prefer the traditional method of payment even despite the fact that they can go cashless and make all transactions online, let alone adopt to using bitcoin? I don't think so.

Like you said, people will still love fiats, no doubt about that and government will always prefer what they can control and bitcoin to them is not just the best option.
I also agree.Bitcoin as of now can't be considered as our main coin because it's price keeps on fluctuating.Maybe when it will become stable,it might have chances to be our main coin.And by that time,we will pay taxes already depending on the amount we earn.The government will have to control it already.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:58:38 PM

There is a big different between bitcoin and fiat currency, and that is government backed. Fiat currency will stay around for centuries as long as the Country exist, government won't let their currency fade away. Bitcoin meant to be an alternative currency, even though bitcoin still in the early of its development, no one could predict what will happen in the future, whether bitcoin will be the major currency or still be an alternative currency due to some problems of bitcoin transactions.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:14:57 AM

it's very hard to imagine if bitcoin is primarily used instead of fiat currency. because it very impossible to a cryptocurrency to beat a fiat in every other way and fiat can be used anytime, anywhere with or without the internet while bitcoin can't be used without internet and also people prefer fiat over bitcoin so, it is impossible to beat fiat.
tukiMiN

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:25:16 AM

in my opinion the possibility that bitcoin will be a digital currency is not possible. because bitcoin is bitcoin, maybe dollars or other currencies can evolve into digital currencies that do not change the country's currency  Huh

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:39:31 AM

If it happens, Bitcoin will become our international currency that is accepted by differrent nations. Maybe fiat money will not vanished at an instant but I think their values will drop continuosly until it becomes valueless and left Bitcoin as the only existing currency.

But I tell you honestly that assuming Bitcoin will become our main coin is very impossible to happen because this will definitely not allow by the government.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:43:34 AM

Fiat will not die anytime soon, even if Bitcoin reaches mainstream adoption. At worst, it will remain an alternative way to pay. It's worth noting that credit cards and NFC payments were able to decrease fiat use, but not significantly.
Even though bitcoin and other altcoins are getting great in the market but beating fiat money is impossible. Still bitcoin would considered as alternative currency that we can used in other field. Not only because of some limitations that bitcoin have, but because of some areas that don't have internet and don't have  chance to get through it.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:51:00 AM

if Bitcoin is to become the main coin then the paper money we are using now will become digital currency and will be based off of BTCs value.
Anyway, this is just a kind of speculations towards bitcoin in the future. But then, it is far from reality since bitcoin is not fully establish and embraced by the community unlike fiat currency.
And if this is happen in the future, probably fiat money is just like a garbage anymore
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:52:21 AM

As far as cryptocurrency is concerned, there is no doubt that Bitcoin is the first and the most known coin of all times...it is currently the King of all Cryptos and all the rest are just considered to be altcoins (even including Ethereum and BCH). Now, maybe you have in mind is the fiat or paper money we are now using...what will happen to the US Dollar if all the people of the whole world would suddenly be using Bitcoin?

Well, to answer that question I am giving you another question: Would that really be possible to happen? And my answer is a big NO. I know that Bitcoin may have a good future as a digital currency but it will never totally replaced the fiat money issued and backed by the state power. They may exist alongside each other peacefully but killing each other fatally may not be on the menu.

We have to understand that for as long as there is a government they need something that they can control with because control is an extension of power. Take away that control and the government may itself irrelevant so would the government relinquish the control it needs via the fiat money. Of course not.

I also believe that rather than make the government the central enemy, it would be good for the Bitcoin movement to make it a little friend on its side by giving in to some regulations and some compromises so it may not suffer the fate of being banned. Please give my regards to China!

Very well said sir, I agreed with you even bitcoin show a potential that it can last for a long period of time. It is not enough to replace the fiat that we are using. Bitcoin is just for the digital currency that help us to earn more.
Although BTC can't replace our money there's nothing to worry because it can still helo to the economy of every country.
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:57:11 AM

never be main and replace regular money i think.
but if it happen, bitcoin cant sell again. and we will use bitcoin per 0.00xx every transaction cause bitcoin have limit.
crustez00

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:01:11 AM

if main coin that you mean is currency in real world, i think bitcoin cannot replace regular money. because of regulation per region about this currency and its region currency will be crash. im not sure too. that's just my opinion  Smiley

Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:04:53 AM

I wonder...is this a real question or just the ultimate in the noob showcase?  Do you have any idea how the Petro Dollar works and how much global power is at stake to keep it as the global reserve currency?  I'm talking war, war, and more war.  BAD war.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: