Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you need multiple Wallets to manage your coins?  (Voting closed: September 22, 2017, 09:52:37 AM)
Yes, I need several Wallets - 15 (68.2%)
No, one wallet that supports BTC is enough - 1 (4.5%)
No, one wallet that support different coins is enough - 6 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets and Coins  (Read 5846 times)
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:01:42 AM

In my past experience, I used multi wallets, because there are alt coins that are not supported with one wallet alone, What i did, is keep uploading with several types of wallet to fulfill my wants, How i wish someday, there are wallet applications exist to cater variety of tokens, might be a universal wallet to do everything i want:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:39:25 AM

Multiple wallets are going to be useful for altcoin holders. I know that exchanges are not 100% secure and there are still possibilities that my coins can still be hacked so I hope you will make the wallet that I really need.
sehanmaxx01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:55:59 AM

I'd also prefer it if it was open source.
Something like Coinomi, but also available for desktop and not only mobile platforms.  Wink
sunny1356

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:22:32 PM

Multiple wallets are going to be useful for altcoin holders. I know that exchanges are not 100% secure and there are still possibilities that my coins can still be hacked so I hope you will make the wallet that I really need.
Is it possible for one's wallet to be hacked, even without access to the person's private pin?
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:33:28 PM

If there was a universal ticket, it would make life much easier for everyone! The problem is that the wallet is able to be safe enough. in my case to avoid the use of multiple wallets I use exchange wallets to save me time but it is not safe to have your altcoins in an exchange because you do not have access to a private key.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:17:34 AM

Multiple wallets for different coins would be helpful. It should work just like mew that is very secure and safe. I'm tired of exchanges that are often offline when I need to transfer them. I hope you'll be able to release it before the year ends.
Moneychael

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:25:40 AM

Multiple wallet is the best things to do. Its allso secure your atlcoins (tokes) in saparete way. Once your 1 wallet get hack all of your token are getting lost. For safety i go to multiple wallet.
djaliel

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:08:22 PM

may be better if the exchanger and have multi wallet whose transaction fee is cheap  Grin Grin
BitcoinDiamond

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:39:00 PM

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Love Mama Bird x   Tongue
grandmasters2

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:49:28 PM

What if you lose your ledger?  how do you recover that?
sdexs

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:48:31 PM

For all the users who are using multiple wallets to keep their cryptocurrencies check out the Wallet Tracker app at this thread (to keep track of all your wallets, doesn't matter where are they created):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346060.0
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:45:31 AM

We have a new project that provides Wallet for cryptocurrency, but we are not sure whether users will need multiple Wallets to manage their coins, that's why I am starting this poll, please help~ Smiley

Different wallet with different advantage is the reason why we need them all,security is also a major core advantage where you sure your coin can be safe always and not be attacked where its safe on.
NathanMorgann

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:11:58 AM

Hey, guys. I'd personally like to see more multi-coin wallets built into one single application, and also I prefer it was open source. And I found one new ICO project - MiraLab, which allows to buy, store and send cryptocurrencies in convenient way.

Firstly, Mira allows to buy different types of cryptocurrency and send them off-chain (there is no record about it changing the owner and it is just simple as downloading and sending a regular file by e-mail)   Smiley
Secondly, the key element of the service is MiraBox, the encrypted container file, that can store Multiple cryptocurrencies (accept BTC, ETH, LTC, DASH) OFF-chain. You pack it in and then store it on a usb drive (offline) or send it to someone, there’s no record about it anywhere (completely anonymous and secure!)
Thirdly, Private keys are stored in Mirabox, which is encrypted with a password. This password is not stored on Mira’s servers.
Fourthly, all operations with MiraBoxes can be done on the site or in a mobile app.
Fifthly, Mira has an open source code that will be posted on GitHub.
And finally, no transaction fee for sending a MiraBox.

So, make a right choice   Wink
cryptoimal86

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:30:33 PM

Actually use several wallets for different coins, mitigate the risk of being hacked. But the thing is, when it comes to manage several wallets are difficults. But I would preffer several wallets for different coins, long term purpose.
Damzy112

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:54:16 PM

Wallet with multiple currencies is far better please
Alexcross1075

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:43:10 AM

Wallets are just like local bank account meant to store your currencies
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:05:54 AM

We have a new project that provides Wallet for cryptocurrency, but we are not sure whether users will need multiple Wallets to manage their coins, that's why I am starting this poll, please help~ Smiley

I'm a trader so I really need a wallet that supports multiple coins. It's better to keep my coins offline because I can't assure that exchanges can secure it 24/7 because there is still the possibility of a hacking incident. I hope it works fine just like electrum.
Indeed, most traders always keep many wallet because of this strain. If possible you should provide us a wallet that can store many kinds of coins so it would be easy to monitor our investments Smiley
and another thing, a wallet app that can be use on desktop or laptop will be appreciated as well Wink

Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:38:26 AM

I'm using several bitcoin wallet and etherium wallet of my btc and eth funds for my security/privacy and to avoid getting hack all of my funds. Me as a trader i'm holding a different type of coin. I don't want to store it to an exchange for a long time so i really need several wallet just to keep it.

Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:18:12 PM

I'd personally like to see more multi-coin wallets built into one single application, I'd also prefer it if it was open source.
Something like Coinomi, but also available for desktop and not only mobile platforms.

You'd also need support for as many coins as possible.

i also like to manage coin in several wallets since i dont want to keep my coin in one wallet that can make my coin more risk if i forget the detail to login into my wallet. so more than wallet for same coin is better for me.
indika8821

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:54:02 AM

What is Jaxx Wallet?

Jaxx has many defining features, but none more than the following:

Cross-platform pairing
Multi-coin support
Integration of ShapeShift, a powerful exchange that supports dozens of cryptos
Jaxx is a multi-chain wallet that offers support for seven different cryptocurrency assets. If you’re new to the cryptocurrency space, you’ll be happy to know that Jaxx gives you access to the world’s biggest cryptos by market cap.

This essentially means that the assets you hold on your wallet are highly liquid and in strong demand.

All these features are designed with the beginner in mind. Whether on mobile or desktop, your experience with Jaxx is likely to be smooth and intuitive.

Compatible with:

Jaxx is available on 9 different platforms, including:

Windows, Apple and Linux desktop
Android and iOS mobile and tablet
Google Chrome and Firefox extensions
It’s also designed to work and sync across all your devices.

How much does it cost?

Jaxx can be downloaded to your desktop or mobile device for free. Like other wallets, Jaxx applies transaction fees, which go to the networks that run the cryptocurrency you are trading.

For example, every standard Ethereum transaction is charged a fee of .000441 ETH. A similar fee also applies to bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies.

Jaxx does not pocket these fees. They go straight to the network. That means they are subject to change based on the state of the network.

If you’re wondering, Jaxx makes money by facilitating ShapeShift transactions.

Which currencies can I store?

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Dash
Ethereum Classic
DAO
Litecoin
REP
How do I add currency to my wallet?

Jaxx users can manage their tokens right in their wallets via ShapeShift. This feature allows you to quickly convert between bitcoin, Ethereum and DAO, and will also work for whatever coins the Jaxx developers integrate in the future.

In addition to holding several different cryptocurrencies, Jaxx also lets you hold regular, fiat currencies.

How do I make or receive payments with my Jaxx Wallet?

To receive payments via Jaxx, the sender needs to have your cryptocurrency address. Alternatively, you can scan your public key’s QR code.

Once the sender has your address, they can send you the funds.

To send payments to someone else via Jaxx, you need to have their cryptocurrency address. For example, if you want to send bitcoin to someone, you’ll need their bitcoin address.

If you’re using Jaxx on a mobile device, you can scan the sender’s QR code if they provided you with one. The scan feature is not available on desktop, which means the address must be inputted manually.

After inputting the address, specify the amount and currency you wish to send, then click “Send.”

How secure is Jaxx Wallet?

Jaxx gives you “permissionless access” to your cryptocurrency. It requires no information or verification. In other words, it does not collect any information about you on signup.

In keeping with the Jaxx philosophy, all cryptocurrency keys are created and held on your local device. This means you have full control of your wallet. Of course, it also means you are susceptible to getting hacked.

Additionally, your account can be backed up through a single master seed, which refers to the string of random words that can help you recover your coins.

Where can I get Jaxx Wallet?

The Jaxx Wallet can be downloaded for free on the company’s main website.

Jaxx wallet website

Jaxx can also be downloaded from Google Play and iTunes.

Pros & cons

Pros

Open source.
Ideal for beginners.
Wide selection of cryptocurrencies, including the world’s largest.
Highly accessible, with mobile and desktop compatibility and seamless integration across all platforms.
Cons

Bad press lately due to security concerns.
A lack of 2-factor authentication
Next steps

Getting started with Jaxx is extremely easy:

As the Jaxx website explains: “No onboarding, no information, no verification required. Nada”.

Simply download the Jaxx mobile wallet and get started You’ll likely find that the sleek interface is attractive and easy to use.

To learn more about its features, visit the website jaxx.io before downloading the app from Google or Apple.

Compare other crypto wallets

Features
Ledger Nano S Wallet
Ledger Nano S Wallet   
Features: OLED display, USB connection
Multi-currency support: BTC, ETH, LTC & more
Security: PIN, backups, advanced passphrase
Go to site
Trezor Wallet
Trezor Wallet   
Features: OLED display, cross-platform support
Multi-currency support: BTC, DASH, LTC & more
Security: PIN, 2-factor authentication
Go to site
KeepKey Wallet
KeepKey Wallet   
Features: OLED display, USB connection
Multi-currency support: BTC, ETH, LTC & more
Security: Private key, PIN, recovery sentence
Go to site
Frequently asked questions

How do I select my display currencies?

Can I withdraw funds from Jaxx to my bank account?

Does Jaxx have a security PIN?
This review of Jaxx should not be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. As an investment class, cryptocurrencies are speculative investments and investing in cryptocurrencies involves significant risks – they are highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and capital loss and sensitive to secondary activity. Historic performance is no guarantee of future returns. Before investing you should obtain advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks.

This is copied by finder.com i will hope read this article all bct members
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: