Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Article for Noobs from Yahoo!  (Read 434 times)
krudkeeper (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:26:06 AM

This is the kind of stuff we need to spread the word about Bitcoin! Mainstream coverage will send those prices up, up, up! Send to everyone!

http://voices.yahoo.com/bitcoin-boom-other-currency-12134875.html?cat=15

🆙
bb999

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:49:55 AM

The continued usage of the phrase "crypto-currency" does nothing to engender bitcoin with non tech savvy people.  It makes it seem unnecessarily complex and the average internet user tunes out at that point.  Also the repeated claim that bitcoin is not money is ridiculous, anything people will exchange for goods or services is money.
sundiver

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:25:24 AM

I have to agree. If I sent that article to a non-techie friend, I'll get a TL;DR reply.
krudkeeper (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:46:12 PM

The continued usage of the phrase "crypto-currency" does nothing to engender bitcoin with non tech savvy people.  It makes it seem unnecessarily complex and the average internet user tunes out at that point.  Also the repeated claim that bitcoin is not money is ridiculous, anything people will exchange for goods or services is money.
I just thought it was cool that it was on Yahoo which garners more mainstream exposure and I guess the author could mean it is technically not money in the eyes of the government like fiat.

🆙
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:50:22 PM

maybe it should be stated that bitcoin its not govenrment money and not money at all

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: