Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93125 times)
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 01:04:09 AM

Do you ship to Philippines?

They do if you buy 50 or more.  Otherwise you can try my group buy at;-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219598.0

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:03:06 AM

Why are these items selling for BTC1.99 at bulk rates?  It does not make sense as they barely will break even after what maybe 1 yr at best??  If I buy 1000 usb sticks from china I expect to pay 50% less than if I order 100.

What's up with the economics here?  

Especially for EU we have to deal with about 20 to 25% tax on top of that.

That's assuming the difficulty doesn't rise, which it will   Roll Eyes

These are really cool, and that must be why they are selling so well, because it sure isn't for the ROI  Grin
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:53:13 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 02:09:49 AM by BitAddict

If you're from Spain you can buy it from my store! Soon shipping to all Europe!
24h shipping!
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:25:26 AM

Why are these items selling for BTC1.99 at bulk rates?  It does not make sense as they barely will break even after what maybe 1 yr at best??  If I buy 1000 usb sticks from china I expect to pay 50% less than if I order 100.

What's up with the economics here?  

Especially for EU we have to deal with about 20 to 25% tax on top of that.

this.. i'm trying to rationalize buying these over GPUs and cant seem to do it

2BTC = $260 = 1 block erupter = 336Mhash
or, $300 = 1 7950 = 600 Mhash

ok, it probably uses less power, but it doesnt have other uses... i cant sell it later like i can sell a GPU
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:30:15 AM

power rate, man. 2.5 watts for the same power as gpus and less heat and space too.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:53:44 PM

power rate, man. 2.5 watts for the same power as gpus and less heat and space too.

the gpu still pays for itself just as fast as the usb stick, even after including electricity cost into the equation.  not only does it give double the hashing power but a gpu has resale value, has utility for gaming / media, and can be pointed at scrypt coins and not just sha256 coins.  I would love to buy some of these but not until the ROI is better than a gpu.   

these will probably be better to run at some point when the difficulty is too high for gpu mining to be profitable, but they still have half the hashing power.... so if it really gets so bad that you can't make back the ~$10/mo. electric cost of running a gpu then you better have a whole lot of those sticks  Grin

As cool as they are, I am gonna keep waiting for something a little bigger to become available
metalh47k

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:42:42 AM

ROI is not a huge concern if you have free power. It is a case of set and forget with these little suckers. Maybe some at work. Maybe some at your grandma's house or your parent's house or your girlfriends house.

drwho88888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:25:21 PM

I just wanted to let others know what a great job Augusto did in organising the UK Group buy. I've just received mine and they're busy mining away.
I can't think of anything that Augusto could have done better. His communication was second to none and everything about the buy was freely available for all to see in his online spreadsheets.

As I've already told him, with all the crap and misinformation and scams that seem to have become associated with BTC its nice and refreshing to have been involved with one element that's proceeded flawlessly.

Everyone involved in the UK group buy organised by Augusto should thank the guy.
gettincoin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:47:51 PM

My reasoning,

I am not trying to mine my 2 BTC back as much as I am trying to mine my ~ $240.00 back.  If we assume that these will continue to work for a good long while, and that BTC will continue to appreciate vs the USD, then it can only pay for itself right..  I may never mine my 2 BTC back, but if I mine .5 BTC over the entire life of the device lets say, and it costs me nothing to run, then all I need is for BTC to be ~ $480.00 / USD to break even at this point right...  Given that there will only be 21 million BTC how can they not be this much and even more...  Given the deflationary nature of BTC I won't even need the 2 BTC back to have the same purchasing power over time right...  If this is not the case then the longevity of the experiment is likely lost anyway and I can just chalk up the cost to another risky investment...  Of course, I could just buy the 2 BTC and let them appreciate, but that is against the whole point of the system.  I like being a small part of making it work and keeping it decentralized, and besides it's cool and I'm not looking to get rich with this device...   Grin

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:04:39 PM

My reasoning,

I am not trying to mine my 2 BTC back as much as I am trying to mine my ~ $240.00 back.... but if I mine .5 BTC over the entire life of the device lets say, and it costs me nothing to run, then all I need is for BTC to be ~ $480.00 / USD to break even at this point right.

Except if you are thinking that way, not buying one in the first place would give you $960

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:16:24 PM

My reasoning,

I am not trying to mine my 2 BTC back as much as I am trying to mine my ~ $240.00 back.... but if I mine .5 BTC over the entire life of the device lets say, and it costs me nothing to run, then all I need is for BTC to be ~ $480.00 / USD to break even at this point right.

Except if you are thinking that way, not buying one in the first place would give you $960

This.

Everyone complains that ASICs are overpriced...

It is because so many noobs are willing to pay 2 BTC+ for 300Mh and most likely never break even. Hell, 10 Gh is going for 50 BTC.

The "free markert" aka the idiots of these forums bid the prices up, so high there's no way they're breaking even in a year or less.

Only idiots/the uninformed are paying these prices.
LainZ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

@WiRED

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:28:06 PM

My reasoning,

This.

It is because so many noobs are willing to pay 2 BTC+ for 300Mh and most likely never break even. Hell, 10 Gh is going for 50 BTC.

Or simply the ones that want a product in their hands quickly ?

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:53:42 PM

This.

It makes sense to replace existing owned GPUs with these on a hashrate basis Especially if you've hit roi on the gpus. The idea is sell the existing gpus while he prices are still good... take some portion of that profit and replace the lost hash rate with 1% of the power draw and almost none of the side costs. So while I wouldn't suggest new fiat buy these things... It does make some sense in the case I've described.

As for me: I just sold 6 of my oldest (and least profitable) video cards as well as a pair of 7950s. Allowing me to then sell most of the parts from the 2 machines that were running them... got a couple of nice 24 port usb hubs and enough of these to replace the lost hash rate... and still make ~1000 usd.

So net gain for me is 1000 usd + ~250 per month savings on electric costs. I don't particularly care that I overpaid from the perspective of 'new money'.
And transit time for the new miners to be delivered... just a few days.

Boxman90

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:05:38 PM

This.

It makes sense to replace existing owned GPUs with these on a hashrate basis Especially if you've hit roi on the gpus. The idea is sell the existing gpus while he prices are still good... take some portion of that profit and replace the lost hash rate with 1% of the power draw and almost none of the side costs. So while I wouldn't suggest new fiat buy these things... It does make some sense in the case I've described.

As for me: I just sold 6 of my oldest (and least profitable) video cards as well as a pair of 7950s. Allowing me to then sell most of the parts from the 2 machines that were running them... got a couple of nice 24 port usb hubs and enough of these to replace the lost hash rate... and still make ~1000 usd.

So net gain for me is 1000 usd + ~250 per month savings on electric costs. I don't particularly care that I overpaid from the perspective of 'new money'.

You are mistakenly assuming these things will hold value. They will not. Once the difficulty rises a few more times, these things are going to be worthless. And, with the added bonus of it not being possible to use them for anything else, the resale value will become 0.

With GPU's, you can always get a relatively nice portion of resale value.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:44:02 PM

You are mistakenly assuming these things will hold value. They will not. Once the difficulty rises a few more times, these things are going to be worthless. And, with the added bonus of it not being possible to use them for anything else, the resale value will become 0.

With GPU's, you can always get a relatively nice portion of resale value.
You are mistakenly assuming that I care if they hold value. I do not. Once the difficulty rises a few more times, these things are going are to be sitting there mining - I won't shut them off until they become unprofitable (which will be just before the next halving if btc price doesn't go up and difficulty does). I don't care about reselling them.

My point is they'll have paid for themselves in saved power costs within a couple of month and are effectively free to purchase in that sense.

Pentium100

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

It doesn't. The device costs 2BTC, but will not generate 2BTC over its life if difficulty keeps increasing. At the current difficulty it would generate 0.29BTC/month, so it would take almost 7 months to generate the 2BTC if difficulty was constant. However, the difficulty is not constant. It is better to keep the 2BTC (or to buy 2BTC if you expect the BTC value to rise).

If GPU mining is no longer profitable, then sell the video cards, but buying this device is still not economical. Even with the price for electricity that I pay, for 2BTC I could run my ~100W GPU for more than a year.

1GStzEi48CnQN6DgR1s3uAzB8ucuwdcvig
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:07:12 AM

My reasoning,

This.

The "free markert" aka the idiots of these forums bid the prices up, so high there's no way they're breaking even in a year or less.

Only in BTC is 100% a year return considered idiotic.  Having said that these are clearly just for novelty since if you can afford to spend 300usd and you must have a computer already for these to work you can just buy an extra GPU and it would be a much, much better deal although it must be factored in that a GPU effective lifespan is probably a few years since you are running it 100% and these MIGHT last longer.  If you can afford a block (9-10) of them then you should just hunt for the 5gh bfl which are trading hands at around 20-30 btc now or step up to a blade.

PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:57:30 AM

"2.5 Watts USB Miner Outperforming Your Graphics Card. No Pre-Order. Get Them Now!"

No it does not

Considering  resale/reuse value of a video card, and hash/$ ratio erupters suck at that price. Electricity cost gains do not cover that gap.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:37:36 PM

[/quote]
Only in BTC is 100% a year return considered idiotic.  Having said that these are clearly just for novelty since if you can afford to spend 300usd and you must have a computer already for these to work you can just buy an extra GPU and it would be a much, much better deal although it must be factored in that a GPU effective lifespan is probably a few years since you are running it 100% and these MIGHT last longer.  If you can afford a block (9-10) of them then you should just hunt for the 5gh bfl which are trading hands at around 20-30 btc now or step up to a blade.
[/quote]

If you can find a blade that isn't selling for a price that makes it seem like they are made from crushed unicorn horns or something.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

"2.5 Watts USB Miner Outperforming Your Graphics Card. No Pre-Order. Get Them Now!"

No it does not

Considering  resale/reuse value of a video card, and hash/$ ratio erupters suck at that price. Electricity cost gains do not cover that gap.

Resell to those mining Altcoins... no?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: