Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What would you like to see?
More Faucets - 1 (6.3%)
More Pools - 1 (6.3%)
More Exchanges - 7 (43.8%)
Gambling Games - 1 (6.3%)
Games like Bit Grenade - 0 (0%)
Shorter Difficulty Adjustments - 6 (37.5%)
Smaller Block Times - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you like to see from GLDCoin? And why I support it! [Poll]  (Read 1628 times)
BitshireHashaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:13:17 AM

Hello,
My username is bitshirehashaway and as I'm sure you guys have noticed I'm a big GLDCoin supporter! I got involved quite early, though I didn't have a chance to get any of the 20k blocks, and since then I've purchased a good amount, got some early as giveaways/rewards, and I now have a descent stake in the coin.

Here I'll try and answer questions people have about GLDCoins while also including a poll about what you would like to see in order to have a nice civilized discussion about GLDCoins without everyone bashing each other. If I believe your reply is inappropriate, I will either delete it, or I will edit it and include a reason for why I edited it. If you disagree with me, I'm fine with that, in fact it helps me learn more for what I should be working on doing for the currency.

However, what doesn't help is when you hear something like 7m coins were pre-mined and its worthless. The developer has already said that he only has a few hundred k, and has given out a much larger portion, which means many people I know in the GLDCoin community have larger stakes than him, and they purchased it. Also, note I can't fix the past if you think something went wrong... I can only work on the future.

I keep hearing 7m were pre-mined, is that true?
No. To start pre-mined means that blocks were mined before the coin was released to the public, which means using that definition, 0 were pre-mined. The developer could have started mining right as it was released but even if he got all of the 20k blocks, which other people have received so he didn't, he would only have a maximum of 2m. The developer has also said he has a few hundred k coins only... and because of the large amount he has given out (around half a million), I personally believe it is fair that he has that amount.

Code wise, what's better about GLDCoin?

Honestly, not much. I know, as a supporter that probably isn't the best thing to be saying, but its the truth, and that's the goal of this thread. A few simple times were changed but other than that, its pretty much the same as Litecoin.

Why do you like it so much then, if nothings different?
Two Reasons. These may not seem valid to you but they are the truth. Firstly, the community. I've met many people since I started supporting GLDCoins and all of them have been very nice and supportive. I think the community behind a coin defines that coin and I think that's what will make GLDCoin great some day. A good community leads to places where you can spend this coin, and that's what makes it valuable! Also, unlike Bitcoins I don't deal in the 0.0001 place:).

The Developer choose to remain anonymous is that a bad thing?
How many of you know who the original creator of Bitcoin is. He also chose to remain anonymous, and that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion, though I would love to know him. The dev for GLDCoins is still active in the community and that's what counts.

I've heard GLDCoin can give me viruses?
Someone with the username of 'goldcoin' versus 'gldcoin' -> the actual one has posted a GLDCoin thread with infected download links. This thread is about 7 pages long, and multiple messages have been sent to the admin about deleting it. If you are not sure which is which, PM me and I'll link you to the correct one. The link is also here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205789.0

Where is GLDCoin traded?

Right now only on cryptsy, and in my opinion it should stay there for a while to help maintain healthy volumes versus the volumes it would have if it was placed on multiple exchanges. Low volumes mean a long time to buy or sell which is unenjoyable.

What's up with the jump in difficulty?

The network was mined by many people, which caused a large jump in the difficulty to 7, however, that should reset itself in a few days.

And now for the poll. If you vote, please be more specific about what you would like to see in your reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:00:59 AM

hi bitshirehashaway, thanks for your efforts backing gldcoin.

I think by opinions been known around here. Although price is pretty low, keep volumes up and in play will help it to survive. Best way to keep those trading vols stable is to leave it on just 1 exchange....well for now.

I am no expert in mining so I'll leave opinions on that to people who know more. I am happy just ticking away with mining on the various mining pools getting a few bonus coins. I've got 99% of mine from buying.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:26:57 AM

hi bitshirehashaway, thanks for your efforts backing gldcoin.

I think by opinions been known around here. Although price is pretty low, keep volumes up and in play will help it to survive. Best way to keep those trading vols stable is to leave it on just 1 exchange....well for now.

I am no expert in mining so I'll leave opinions on that to people who know more. I am happy just ticking away with mining on the various mining pools getting a few bonus coins. I've got 99% of mine from buying.

You welcome. Price is pretty low but I'm hoping it will go up:).... that's my way of letting it go up. Congratz on getting your coins and thank you for the support.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:27:35 PM

bumpity bump bump bump bump, need more opinions.
timsky

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:21:11 PM

There is a lot of real scam coins with premine, unfair condition at start like missing Win/NIX binaries and various tricks like:
DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff

And there are coins that really threat BTC/LTC monopoly. First of them was NovaCoin. There was no actual "premine" like in case of some other altcoins. But look at forum threads, crappy blog posts and cocksucker's sigs. Why do they troll it? Because they do not control it. Do they think about our well-being? Never. They have tons of xTC and huge hashpower to destabilize any other Coin than one that makes them richer. 99% of altcoin haters troll everything but silently mine altcoins to:
1) get tons of coins at lower difficulty. If they wasn't able to do that then xCoin has to be excommunicated!
2) destabilize altcoin's network by hashrate pump-dumps and undermine it's confidence in our heads
3) pump and dump altcoin right after it is added to any exchange to get their quick buck and finally kill altcoin.
If altcoin will not die (NovaCoin feels better and better while LTC is going down), then it is not a problem too because they already have 2,3,4,...100 times more altcoins that they have bought during panic sell.
They act 100% same as any Central Bank (ex.: Federal Reserve): use power and money to gain much more MONEY and CONTROL POWER over community.

I've solo mined almost every altcoin since NovaCoin's boom until GLDCoin start and have some stats in my head.
Some altcoins had buggy client like FTC, WDC and some other coins I can't remember right now: their wallets simply can not connect to the network or reject miner's connection attempts. I know what talking about because have 2 mining computers, laptop (as wallet server) and few friends with various hardware configurations, network quality and internet access types.
But if the wallet is buggy (accidently? Wink ), is made to get a quick buck and/or undermine confidence of all altcoins, it is visible mostly from network start.
Some SCAM coin owners TROLL other altcoins or gloat at the first opportunity. So let it be because that is a good sign of REALLY CRAPPY SCAM COIN for me.

I really like GLDCoin because of smooth and really honest start.
With my 400 kh/s I've succesfully mined 29 blocks (reward=500) 5 of them were orphans. 11k coins I got in 2.5 days (May 16-18) with 2-3 orphans and 2 next blocks I got in 2 hours on May 22. This is a drop in the ocean and probably I will never exchange these 12k because of unfair, extremely low exchange rate.

...What I am trying to tell. Soul of CryptCoin idea is DECENTRALISATION.
For example Balthazar (NVC author) not even does not troll but gives good advises to altcoin authors. Why? Every honest BitCoin fork has right to live.
Unfortunately BitCoin becomes more and more vulnerable. It's market Cap based on latest prices = 1,397,741,869 USD. Really lot of money! LTC Market Cap: 54,487,152 USD. What will happen when ASICs will kill BTC? All these money will have to get accumulated somewhere else. Somebody (few big LTC owners?) works hard to get as much bigger piece of that cake as possible. "Divide and Conquer". While people jump from coin to coin, they strengthen LTC in our eyes, troll and kill any altcoin. Isn't this centralisation? Do you think they will protect LTC forever? Once they will work out some other way to get more power and $ they will pump,dump and kill LTC! They will drain in the toilet all of us if that will help them make more FIAT MONEY and gain more power.

When at least 50% of CryptCoin community will use own head, we will win the fight against Central Banking and CryptCoin hidden monopolies. It will be our 51% attack. We have to start thinking or all of us will loose.
Do you want to ba a looser? OK, do not think, just read screaming, origami decorated posts and do what they want you to do.
If you want honest CryptoCurrency competition based on it's real benefits then simply mine your favorite Coin(s), accept it on your services and THINK! Otherwise sly will win, 99.9% of us will loose.

PS: sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
daytrader420

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:29:33 PM

There is a lot of real scam coins with premine, unfair condition at start like missing Win/NIX binaries and various tricks like:
DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff

And there are coins that really threat BTC/LTC monopoly. First of them was NovaCoin. There was no actual "premine" like in case of some other altcoins. But look at forum threads, crappy blog posts and cocksucker's sigs. Why do they troll it? Because they do not control it. Do they think about our well-being? Never. They have tons of xTC and huge hashpower to destabilize any other Coin than one that makes them richer. 99% of altcoin haters troll everything but silently mine altcoins to:
1) get tons of coins at lower difficulty. If they wasn't able to do that then xCoin has to be excommunicated!
2) destabilize altcoin's network by hashrate pump-dumps and undermine it's confidence in our heads
3) pump and dump altcoin right after it is added to any exchange to get their quick buck and finally kill altcoin.
If altcoin will not die (NovaCoin feels better and better while LTC is going down), then it is not a problem too because they already have 2,3,4,...100 times more altcoins that they have bought during panic sell.
They act 100% same as any Central Bank (ex.: Federal Reserve): use power and money to gain much more MONEY and CONTROL POWER over community.

I've solo mined almost every altcoin since NovaCoin's boom until GLDCoin start and have some stats in my head.
Some altcoins had buggy client like FTC, WDC and some other coins I can't remember right now: their wallets simply can not connect to the network or reject miner's connection attempts. I know what talking about because have 2 mining computers, laptop (as wallet server) and few friends with various hardware configurations, network quality and internet access types.
But if the wallet is buggy (accidently? Wink ), is made to get a quick buck and/or undermine confidence of all altcoins, it is visible mostly from network start.
Some SCAM coin owners TROLL other altcoins or gloat at the first opportunity. So let it be because that is a good sign of REALLY CRAPPY SCAM COIN for me.

I really like GLDCoin because of smooth and really honest start.
With my 400 kh/s I've succesfully mined 29 blocks (reward=500) 5 of them were orphans. 11k coins I got in 2.5 days (May 16-18) with 2-3 orphans and 2 next blocks I got in 2 hours on May 22. This is a drop in the ocean and probably I will never exchange these 12k because of unfair, extremely low exchange rate.

...What I am trying to tell. Soul of CryptCoin idea is DECENTRALISATION.
For example Balthazar (NVC author) not even does not troll but gives good advises to altcoin authors. Why? Every honest BitCoin fork has right to live.
Unfortunately BitCoin becomes more and more vulnerable. It's market Cap based on latest prices = 1,397,741,869 USD. Really lot of money! LTC Market Cap: 54,487,152 USD. What will happen when ASICs will kill BTC? All these money will have to get accumulated somewhere else. Somebody (few big LTC owners?) works hard to get as much bigger piece of that cake as possible. "Divide and Conquer". While people jump from coin to coin, they strengthen LTC in our eyes, troll and kill any altcoin. Isn't this centralisation? Do you think they will protect LTC forever? Once they will work out some another way to get more power and $ they will pump,dump and kill LTC! They will drain in the toilet all of us if that will help them make more FIAT MONEY and gain more power.

When at least 50% of CryptCoin community will use own head, we will win the fight against Central Banking and CryptCoin hidden monopolies. It will be our 51% attack. We have to start thinking or all of us will loose.
Do you want to ba a looser? OK, do not think, just read screaming, origami decorated posts and do what they want you to do.
If you want honest CryptoCurrency competition based on it's real benefits then simply mine your favorite Coin(s), accept it on your services and THINK! Otherwise slyly will win, 99.9% of us will loose.

PS: sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

+1 to you and +1 to novacoin also, they are a solid contender in the cryptos.

Unfortunately, I feel for Gldcoin, there is not much future. I mined it for like 4 hrs until the 'profitability' went from 170% to 40%.

When there is a coin network and the coins are instamined, premined, or none of the above, there needs to be a use for a coin. Most of these coins have only found use in pump n dumps, and Gldcoin unfortunately only rewarded the first ones who joined, the most. But it will rely , as every other coin, on the dev's and the community for it to gain widespread acceptance. Question is will it near 100% profitability and what is the future of the coin in terms of development.

Smiley
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:34:53 PM

You cannot make major changes, to a coin, after it is released. You can't reduce block size, you can't make it adjust to Diff quicker, ect, ect. Even the Developer of the coin, tried to explain this too you. Oh shit, my coin is not profitable, at Diff 7....7....Litecoin's diff is 602.33824219...CHN Coin is at diff 41.82101451...Should the dev's change the code, to lower diff, to make it profitable again? You want to reduce block size? So the early adopters, can have their millions of coins, and people new to the coin, get sweet fuck all? Because that won't hurt the integrity of the coin, at all.
GLD is done. GLD was doomed, the minute it released with "Superblocks". Botnets raped the shit out of it, in the first 5 minutes, and dumped it into oblivion, as soon as it hit an exchange Sorry.
" I like this coin, because I have a ton of it" Roll Eyes

Does this really matter? It started with a Block reward of like, 1, and ramped up the reward, with the diff. GLD took an opposite approach

stevenlam

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 07:38:58 PM

Always botnet botnet botnet. Jealous always jealous. Lol

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:39:49 PM

lol, not that I have anything against it, I am jealous Tongue Just stating facts.

daytrader420

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:55:14 PM

lol, not that I have anything against it, I am jealous Tongue Just stating facts.

I think with or without a botnet, Gldcoin is doomed.

It was targetted to reward the first adopters the most.

We got that much.

So what is the actual use of the coin once every dumps it to hell.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: