Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RUSHWALLET.COM (Beta) - The Evolution of the Bitcoin Instant Wallet  (Read 6014 times)
betafall (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:18:28 AM

Announcing the Beta launch of www.RUSHWALLET.com. A free, instant Bitcoin wallet.

The goal of this project was provide a service that fills the void left behind with the failure of Instawallet for a fast, simple, and secure instant Bitcoin wallet.

RUSHWALLET provides users instant access to a wallet where private keys are generated client-side, meaning keys to your wallet are not held on ANY server and ONLY the account holder has access to the wallet. The private URL system implemented has been tested on other live projects of ours over the last few months with great success.

Should for any reason our site go down your private key can be used to import your wallet into another service that offers a brain wallet import feature. (Blockchain.info for example)

We encourage feedback and suggestions during this testing phase and are looking for 20-30 Beta testers. Simply reply to this post that you're interested and we'll send you 100,000 Satoshis to the wallet address of your choice so that you can test the RUSHWALLET service. All we ask is that you agree to provide feedback/comments in this thread so that we can push out the full release soon to the Bitcoin community.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:29:48 AM

Ok, my last post was stupid. Good thing I deleted it too fast for anyone to read right?
nvm, you have no idea what I'm talking about. Now that I think about it, this post is equally stupid. Oh well.

I'd be happy to test rushwallet.

Address: 1BFtkP29PnqPU2Co2Fh5TaWKHAiDGZ1AEk
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:34:30 AM

I'm just asking, please don't shoot me down in flames ....

This "private URL" way of doing things - is that really secure at all? Just off the top of my head, couldn't someone just look at the history in your browser, and boom, have access to your funds?

If I'm talking crap, happy to be called out  Grin
ashaw596

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:41:35 AM

This "private URL" way of doing things - is that really secure at all? Just off the top of my head, couldn't someone just look at the history in your browser, and boom, have access to your funds?

I'm not an expert on this, but from what I can tell about how this website works, I think the answer is yes. I think your suppose to use incognito mode or private browsing. A way that could make this actually work would be to store an actual encrypted private key file on the computer where only the user has the password for. It gets stored and decrypted on the client side with the password only the user knows. So you would need both the file and the password to use the website while the blockchain is stored online.

(Hey there's the first suggestion)
betafall (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:42:46 AM

Ok, my last post was stupid. Good thing I deleted it too fast for anyone to read right?
nvm, you have no idea what I'm talking about. Now that I think about it, this post is equally stupid. Oh well.

I'd be happy to test rushwallet.

Address: 1BFtkP29PnqPU2Co2Fh5TaWKHAiDGZ1AEk

Didn't see the post. your safe. lol.

Thanks for testing it out. I'll fund the account now.
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:46:26 AM

suggestions:

- a link somewhere on the page to download the private key that can be used to import into blockchain.info?

- remove the striped background image on the bottom half of the page where the user actually interacts and has to read
betafall (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:57:20 AM

suggestions:

- a link somewhere on the page to download the private key that can be used to import into blockchain.info?

- remove the striped background image on the bottom half of the page where the user actually interacts and has to read

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a little confused with your second point though. Please clarify.
ashaw596

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:01:28 AM

Hmm.

Suggestions:
1. Someway to see transaction confirmations.
2. My previous suggestion about encrypting the private key and storing it as a file instead of a url.
betafall (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:11:44 AM

Hmm.

Suggestions:
1. Someway to see transaction confirmations.
2. My previous suggestion about encrypting the private key and storing it as a file instead of a url.

We've considering adding transaction records, perhaps that will be added in the future.

The whole point is that we don't what to store anything. Hence the client side generated URL that can be exported into another service if needed.
ashaw596

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:14:10 AM

No, you don't store the key on the server. You store the key on the client side (Your asking the client to store the url in their bookmark anyways). You store an encrypted key on the client's computer which they decrypt in order to use the website (The same way a ssh key works).
Skrapps

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:22:00 AM

Cool, I miss instawallet.
I'll test it, here is the address: 1MmVnHHvoNRaymhcpJPfxbSBRGLxEbhq9P

David M

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:24:35 AM

I'd like to test it.

Address created via Rushwallet

18peKV4M6BFrCpAkWXxj1jXCgRa2bDzCkL
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:28:02 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a little confused with your second point though. Please clarify.

all the text on the page is difficult to read because of the background image. rather than it being a solid color, it has stripes
serp

Activity: 245

@serp

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:29:26 AM

I will test it out as well.

1Mt7vgFrSqjJWC9biSfiVYQe9LbdGLJSzY

Skrapps

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:34:46 AM

Feedback so far:

-Right clicked, new tab on qr code symbol: brought up a new page and new address with url as 'https://rushwallet.com/#qr'. Bookmarking and opening bookmark still brought me back to the new address. How important is the '#..." code in the URL?

-Where is the client side key stored? Is it possible to import it to another wallet?

-Also, a home page button or clicking the logo to generate a new address in a new tab would be nice.
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:47:14 AM

Here is my rushwallet address to test:
1MUCXH2LaVCr3UeeZ4drpAnxQW85dvj1YD

extracrunchy

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:52:40 AM

Address created:

1Fxm64C6Gv9GmTsv3xYHj799PLTbr6yUNb
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:18:07 AM

I'll Like To Test It Out.

My Rush Wallet account

19MADteyp3MreoJsmvgdLJAKehwDARCdny
betafall (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:56:21 PM

Good questions. Yes the "private URL" system can be completely secure, it all depends how secure your PC is. I'm the only one that uses my computer and it's password protected. I feel completely confident having a Secret URL stored in my bookmarks.

Also, remember, the purpose of this wallet is to provide a instant, disposable wallet service. If you're looking for something more long term or permanent there are many other alternative wallet services better suited for that. We suggest you use Rushwallet for it's simplicity and speed by which a wallet can be created. Then "throw it away" after you empty it.

betafall (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:01:49 PM

No, you don't store the key on the server. You store the key on the client side (Your asking the client to store the url in their bookmark anyways). You store an encrypted key on the client's computer which they decrypt in order to use the website (The same way a ssh key works).

This process would remove much of the ease of use and simplicity we are going for. Rushwallet fills the need for a quick, instant, disposable Bitcoin wallet. Yes you can come back to it by saving the URL but we don't recommend leaving large amounts for long periods of time if you can't secure your PC. If you're looking for something more long term there are better options out there.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: