Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reminato.com Desktop Beta Testing  (Read 692 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:51:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have just recieved this email. With all the phishing attempts. One can't be too sure. Does anyone know anything about this. I am scared of clicking on the link. Yes, I do use Reminato to trade BTC

Xin chào bạn,

You have been chosen as a BETA tester for our new Desktop App!

You will receive 0.2 BTC Bonus for using our new Desktop App.
The bonus will be credited after using the Desktop App
Simply login to our Remitano Desktop App to claim your Bonus.
This is an App which is currently working on every Windows OS.

The download link to our Remitano Desktop App:
https://github.com/remitanoapp/Remitano/raw/master/RemitanoApp_V1.zip

Regards,

wilsonwmj

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:21:32 PM

I also received same just now, just screenshot to check with their supports.
File hosted in Github and email from intercom seem reliable for me so far.
aminlatium

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 06:22:18 PM

me too. i don't know it is real or fake
vietbigbrother

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:46:30 PM

sh*t, just click the link and 404 not found from github. I use macOS. dont know if everything ok ?

npq7721

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:57:22 PM

It is a FAKE and a SCAM. i confirmed it with Remitano Support. DO not click on the link
jhenzdelacruz

Activity: 192
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:05:31 PM

Thank you so much. I just received the email a while ago.  It's really a great help being here in the forum. Thank you guys Wink
Black Cyber

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:06:23 PM

I also get the same Email.
The Github remove that link.
When we mouse over the link it is from: via.intercom-mail-100.com

Don't know if Remitano Database has been hacked and the scammer start sending this email to remitano user.
Black Cyber

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:23:03 PM

Here is the answer from Remitano support team, it is a SCAM.

https://bbfaf529-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/sokkimheng1/report2.png
Vietnguyen83

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:28:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have just recieved this email. With all the phishing attempts. One can't be too sure. Does anyone know anything about this. I am scared of clicking on the link. Yes, I do use Reminato to trade BTC

Xin chào bạn,

You have been chosen as a BETA tester for our new Desktop App!

You will receive 0.2 BTC Bonus for using our new Desktop App.
The bonus will be credited after using the Desktop App
Simply login to our Remitano Desktop App to claim your Bonus.
This is an App which is currently working on every Windows OS.

The download link to our Remitano Desktop App:
https://github.com/remitanoapp/Remitano/raw/master/RemitanoApp_V1.zip

Regards,

THERE IS NO BETA APPLICATION
Dear users, If you received a message recently asking to install a Beta version of our Remitano Desktop app please DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT. If you already did please remove it from your computer and DO A VIRUS CHECK or REINSTALL YOUR WINDOWS OS to make sure your computer is not infected by the malicious software.
Black Cyber

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:34:57 PM

The Email is from obi@remitano-fb43730966e4.intercom-mail.com
May be that Email has been hacked
CryptosapienZA (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:55:47 PM

It is a FAKE and a SCAM. i confirmed it with Remitano Support. DO not click on the link

Thank you very much... I even got the message from their live chat. Im glad I didn't get greedy, I was looking forward to getting 0.2btc hahahaha
wilsonwmj

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:45:24 AM

Replied from Remitano staffs:

Hi, the current message from email "Obi from Remitano" is fake. "Paul from Remitano" is an employee from Remitano and the message sent from him is correct. And we would like to correct that Remitano is not leaking customer information, this problem is only due to the negligence of a Remitano employee (Obi from Remitano) and we are currently working with this employee (Supporters can only see the customer's email to check their transactions, other information such as verification documents, phone numbers, etc. will be hidden). From this case, Remitano will change its policy and terms of service for our employees, to obtain the best support to customers and will not repeat the case. Looking forward to your understanding of the problem!
THERE IS NO BETA APPLICATION
Dear users, If you received a message recently asking to install a Beta version of our Remitano Desktop app please DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT. If you already did please remove it from your computer and DO A VIRUS CHECK or REINSTALL YOUR WINDOWS OS to make sure your computer is not infected by the malicious software.
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:50:03 AM

Beware malware, i think its scam and app have malware for inject your PC
wilsonwmj

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:56:40 AM

I am a ASEAN, so when I received a email that wrote Vietnamese "Xin chào bạn" (Hello) is got my eyes on it.
Mostly likely compromised by vietnamese hackers.
Black Cyber

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:33:54 AM

Message from the Remitano Today:

QUOTE:

Hello,

Thank you for joining us.
Recently had an email from customer support portal we ask you to download malware. This has caused some people to worry and we are here to clarify the issue.

First we are extremely sorry for this problem to happen and we have implemented changes to prevent this problem from happening again.
Monday we want to make clear that the system remains safe Remitano and works 100%.
Third, allow me to explain what had happened.

We can use the Intercom port to communicate with the user.
On the day 09.12.2017, Intercom account of our employees was compromised. Attackers have used that account to send emails to customers asking them to install malware.
As soon as we receive a response from the user (which is approximately 1 hour after the malicious emails being sent), employees we have reported the problem and we immediately sent an email advising users to ignore email about counterfeit software. We also work with Github to remove the malicious files from their system, so users will not download malicious files that anymore.

Currently we have tightened the system to prevent a compromised account to send fake messages to users. We also require mandatory two-layer security when accessing customer support portal Intercom to ensure penetration of the service in the future less feasible.

Again we are very sorry for this incident. Nevertheless we want to ensure that Remitano still safe and works 100%. Anyone who has run the malware we pleads you run the latest antivirus software to remove malware, or even reinstalling the operating system, such as Windows set case. Mac and Linux users are not affected by this issue.
CryptosapienZA (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

So this attack was directed to Windows users? Maybe its time I got myself that Mac or lunix after all. I must say though the reaction time for Remitano is pathetic. I waited for hours and hours to get a response. They need to improve.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: