Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:59:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burstmining with pool or solo?  (Read 597 times)
Lindworm (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:27:31 PM

Hi,
I have now plotted 30TB of spare HDD I have lying around.

My Question: Is that enough to mine solo, or would I be better off with a pool and if a pool would be the best option, wich pool would you pick?
Thank you for your answers.

Lindworm

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brownfly

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:49:09 PM

Well, for solo mining you need space to keep wallet blockchain. But you need hash power anyway.

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
Lindworm (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:52:40 PM

Ok, I have a linux system with a 16TB raid, how large is the Blockchain right now?

Hashpower? I thought this is not about gpu mining.

(I am a noob in burst, but mining with a pool works)
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 09:32:53 PM

go with pool, not sure if 30 TB is enough for solo mine. Blockchain is around 5.5 GB.
btw, I lost hope on this coin, I am not sure how much is worth mining it. You will see.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
BasedCoin

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:53:29 PM

Depends on your luck i guess. You could get lucky with blocks as a solo miner, and 30TB isnt that bad. But for steady profit i'd recommend joining one of the pools.
Try to find one that is recommended for your size  Cheesy
Lindworm (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:26:34 AM

Depends on your luck i guess. You could get lucky with blocks as a solo miner, and 30TB isnt that bad. But for steady profit i'd recommend joining one of the pools.
Try to find one that is recommended for your size  Cheesy

I find it even hard to find pools, any trick to see that a pool is my size?
ngefek berat

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:38:56 AM

better to use for mining in solo than to make a swimming pool if for mining only need a special room as a workplace while the pond takes a long time to the manufacturing process and I think the benefits are also not comparable with the mining results.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:54:42 AM

I got a decent amount of space I'm using for solo mining.  How long it takes to forge a block solo mining varies.  Here's what I have done so far this month:

So 14 blocks in 12 days, or just under 1.2 blocks a day.  Current payout about $18 per block, so about $21 / day or roughly the same as you can make mining with 6x 1080Ti cards, give or take.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:54:37 AM

Hi Crazydane,
Great figures, how much space do you have please?

J
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:05:23 AM

Hi,
I have now plotted 30TB of spare HDD I have lying around.

My Question: Is that enough to mine solo, or would I be better off with a pool and if a pool would be the best option, wich pool would you pick?
Thank you for your answers.

Lindworm

Hi,

Def POOL, you'll just burn cash soloing with that amount.

I was mining with 14TB back in Feb/March and was getting a block every 1-2 days ish, but as it became popular that dropped to every 5-7 days, and soon 1 block every 7-10 days.
This was before all the attacks and the massive difficulty increases, so i decided to stop mining burst.

Sorry i wouldn't know any of the new pools, but try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjxzkqiglw (imineblocks)
He is a UK crypto guy who seems to talk sense, he has gone through similar ups and down to me with burst, and has recently swapped pools. It's all in his vids.

J
mrreese

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

In CryptoCurrency We trust .

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:34:09 AM

Hi,

For mine burst we need Tb ? can i make good profit with 100Tb ?
mikbal

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:01:17 PM

Hi,

For mine burst we need Tb ? can i make good profit with 100Tb ?

About $1/month for 1 TB.

100TB $100 per month.

That is what i earned anyways.
BasedCoin

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:02:37 PM

I got a decent amount of space I'm using for solo mining.  How long it takes to forge a block solo mining varies.  Here's what I have done so far this month:

http://www.cstone.net/~dk/Burstblocks9-12-17.PNG

So 14 blocks in 12 days, or just under 1.2 blocks a day.  Current payout about $18 per block, so about $21 / day or roughly the same as you can make mining with 6x 1080Ti cards, give or take.

Damn danes and their pentabyte rigs. Jokes aside, care to share how much you are mining with? Cheesy
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 05:20:29 PM

I have been mined from 23.August with 80Tb in Burst mining club pool, until now (about 3 weeks) my balance is 4737 Burst with 2 forged blocks.

I think joining a pool is a good choice, and you could reference calculator as below (I suggest you just *0.7 to estimate your mined coins):

https://blocks.fastpool.info/calculator

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: