Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:35:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the process behind the conversion of cryptocurrencies to Fiat?  (Read 273 times)
MisterKT (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:34:48 PM

Hello all,
I read the white papers of projects offering the cryptocurrencies card, such as TenX, TokenCard or Uquid.
Could anyone explain me how the conversion from cryptocurrency to fiat is made when the card holder pay the merchant?

Thanks in advance for your response
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:38:24 PM

you hand bitcoin to the service.

the service privately sells the bitcoin for fiat on exchanges to refill its fiat reserves,

the fiat reserves the service have are used to topup/charge/load the debit cards

but all the customer see's is that they hand over bitcoin and get credited fiat on their card

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
MisterKT (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:41:51 PM

the service privately sells the bitcoin for fiat on exchanges to refill its fiat reserves,

the fiat reserves the service have are used to topup/charge/load the debit cards

but all the customer see's is that they hand over bitcoin and get credited fiat on their card

Allright, do you know any company that provides this kind of service? What are the fees?
Thanks
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:46:47 PM

Allright, do you know any company that provides this kind of service? What are the fees?
Thanks
There are some specialize company provide this service long time ago example: spectrocoin.com/en/account.html

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:55:37 PM

Thanks
If you are from the EU, you can check XAPO as well, they have a bitcoin debit card directly linked to your bitcoin wallet, so they do the exchange on the fly when you use your card, you don't need to top up your card every time. Their support is always overloaded, you can check about them in the bitcointalk forum as well, they have their own thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902526.0
MisterKT (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:17:29 PM

Thanks
If you are from the EU, you can check XAPO as well, they have a bitcoin debit card directly linked to your bitcoin wallet, so they do the exchange on the fly when you use your card, you don't need to top up your card every time. Their support is always overloaded, you can check about them in the bitcointalk forum as well, they have their own thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902526.0

Thanks all for the response, but let me make myself clear: i acknowledge the existence of those platforms that provide the exchange on the fly service through their card.
My question is: Is there any way to implement this myself, to be independant from those platforms?
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 08:52:21 PM

Thanks

Thanks all for the response, but let me make myself clear: i acknowledge the existence of those platforms that provide the exchange on the fly service through their card.
My question is: Is there any way to implement this myself, to be independant from those platforms?

Bitcoin is a digital assets with value. You either exchange it personally with someone for fiat, buy a product or service with bitcoins or trust a platform to send you cash for bitcoins (Cash directly to your bank account with some fees.).

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
saiscoin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

The Alt Whisperer

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:22:51 PM

My friend changes it to BTC and then puts it in coinbase and takes it out through there.

MisterKT (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:53:22 PM

Thanks

Bitcoin is a digital assets with value. You either exchange it personally with someone for fiat, buy a product or service with bitcoins or trust a platform to send you cash for bitcoins (Cash directly to your bank account with some fees.).

Thanks!
Can anyone describe me what is the workflow behind a fiat-cryptocurrency exchange?
From a legal point of view, my bank transfer money to the app (let's say TenX): how does TenX change my fiat into Crypto? Do they have a real bank account ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: