Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:10:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Goes down after a tweet by Charlie Lee  (Read 2278 times)
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:25:10 PM

Charlie Lee tweeted a post saying that

"LOOKS LIKE THIS TIME CHINA FINALLY BANNED BITCOIN EXCHANGES. (ANONYMOUS SOURCE I TRUST FULLY) THERE’S ONLY ONE RESPONSE: JUST HODŁ 😁"

Read more => https://zycrypto.com/bitcoin-price-goes-tweet-charlie-lee/

I dont think that it has a very big effect on the price and China should atleast announce if they really banned the exchanges i think it would affect but a bit because china is not the only country who uses bitcoin it is circulating all over the world for sure bitcoin is stable enough without the investors from china.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:26:02 PM

People will always be alarmed/attracted to bad news or fud, but on marketing grounds of bitcoin bad news is good news for our digital currency and we should expect first time buyers panicking first as they familiarize themselves with how cryptocurrencies work. And to be honest I don't believe one man can cause this shake off....its all market forces at play causing the temporary dip.
Nyuska1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:35:28 PM

Another fake news just to manipulate bitcoin's price even more? Am I the only person tired of all this panic and misinformation? I'm not going to sell my bitcoin, HODL as long as possible.

As I see, even bitcoin price save it's position today. Every day the same news..
I laughed of this video (April 2014) about Chinese blocking cryptocurrency)) If smb didn't see it yet - https://youtu.be/Ry6PpRXk0dQ
I just hope, that BTC & alts will rise on 15-20% in 1-2 weeks.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:40:51 PM

Every time in the past week or so that the price has recovered we have some new piece of bearish news that happens to surface just as things are looking up.

Hmm..... must be just a coincidence I guess.
aanbudi

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:55:32 PM

I do not know why they are banned exchangers. And we know China is a major player in the world Cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is very sensitive to news. Is this just a manipulation or a monopoly?
Just HODL and Let's see what will happen later.
llhibionada

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:57:00 PM

well i hope its one of those fake news Grin seems like he doesnt know how influential his every post are and that most people would likely to believe every word he says smh
TK14

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:06:17 PM

he deleted the initial tweet, I think the source is his brother, the boss of btcChina
Quantum907

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:10:02 PM

I think this is a risk, almost all cryptocurrency prices go down and I'm sure everything will be fine right away.

Thank you
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 11:24:08 PM

Actually these news must be a propaganda to make the bitcoin price dropped. These must be a planned manipulation to make the late and new big investors to buy a lesser priced Bitcoins.

another bad news related to bitcoin i don't understand why is all this happening we all were happy with the price the volume was really high and people were genuinely interested in bitcoin and now a simple tweet or a news leads to fall in price i hope all this stops otherwise there won't any difference in bitcoin when compared to mainstream media
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:44:33 PM

I think this is a risk, almost all cryptocurrency prices go down and I'm sure everything will be fine right away.
The entire market is down and it might take some time to recover,the news coming out is not positive for traders and new projects and hope it will recover in due time,i am at a big loss with some of my investments earlier this year and i was adament enough to hold for a longer time and now my profit has reduced to half,i am waiting for the green market so that i could book my profits.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:48:31 PM

Another fake news just to manipulate bitcoin's price even more? Am I the only person tired of all this panic and misinformation? I'm not going to sell my bitcoin, HODL as long as possible.

It looks like majority of bitcoin holders are panic seller and do not know Bitcoin's history of correcting itself I bought bitcoin last month at a high price and will still hold it even at a loss, I trust this is not the kind of news that will bring down Bitcoin
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:52:01 PM

Actually these news must be a propaganda to make the bitcoin price dropped. These must be a planned manipulation to make the late and new big investors to buy a lesser priced Bitcoins.

another bad news related to bitcoin i don't understand why is all this happening we all were happy with the price the volume was really high and people were genuinely interested in bitcoin and now a simple tweet or a news leads to fall in price i hope all this stops otherwise there won't any difference in bitcoin when compared to mainstream media

Its Just spreading FUD - Fear Doubt Uncertainty. Weak heart and hands sell base on this negative news. I  just ignored it. As long as you have faith in bitcoin you will not be affected by  any negativity out there.

Open for Campaigns
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 11:58:43 PM

I think he is right by doing that. No matter what he does, people shit on him.

If he had kept the news, people would blame him that he was not sharing it. When he decides to share it, this happens.

Huh? Nobody would even know or give a damn if he didn't share that useless rumor. Shit happened because he shared it.

As an influential person in the crypto world he should be more responsible for his social media posts. This move of Charlie Lee shows pretty much his poor character and shows how he is not fit to be a leader. Im dumping all my LTC. LTC should be banned all around the globe.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:13:16 AM

I think this is just another bait for people to sell their bitcoins so that the whales can restock again on the bitcoins they are holding. They are trying to make people start doing panic selling so that they can benefit from it for buying low then they will sell high.

fossilized

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:18:09 AM

Haha hold does Charlie's tweet be attributed to a drop in bitcoin price? His tweet makes a satire of the recent China ICO debacle, and encourages people to keep the bitcoins and not sell.

Charlie started litecoin and was a cofounder of coinbase. Plus on the of greatest advocate of segwit and lightning network. He definitely is supportive of the potential of crypto, not the opposite.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:31:03 AM

"LOOKS LIKE THIS TIME CHINA FINALLY BANNED BITCOIN EXCHANGES. (ANONYMOUS SOURCE I TRUST FULLY) THERE’S ONLY ONE RESPONSE: JUST HODŁ 😁"

China's decision to stop the ICO has had an impact on bitcoin price movements, the proof with China's decision that the bitcoin price of 65 million (IDR) more now plummets to 57 million (IDR).
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:39:51 AM

I thinks he just not believe the news..Smiley
Although he "trust" the source, he only believes his own research and intuition about bitcoin. Is there other reason why bitcoin really fluctuates?

Base on his tweet, i think its opposite. Lets buy more bitcoin. Cheers!

Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:48:56 AM

This means more opprtunity to buy.Trust.me I am waiting to buy if price fall and I know I am not alone. So even if china ban btc exchange, its not going go influence price.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
heitorlinks

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 12:52:22 AM

Bitcoin cheap for October 1st.
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:05:51 AM

Truth or not, there is plenty of FUD involved around Bitcoin's price lately, any fake news might even have a slight impact to its price, which has been pretty volatile and fluctuating constantly, but still standing above $4000.

I Don't expect much from Bitcoin for the next few weeks or months (Till November at least), with all these happenings, it's best to simply hold your Bitcoin and hope for the best.

Nodding my head reading your post.  Bearish till the next hardfork. I think it could go as low as $3250. Not terrible considering the gains this year.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: