Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:13:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG)  (Read 104135 times)
rausvi15

Activity: 806
Merit: 507

Trusted Campaign manager

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 10:15:54 AM

i have 0.36 btc in my bittrex account when the btg fork happens. anyone know when bittrex will credit those btg to holders?
I also searching for answer  of same question, I have 0.1 bitcoin in bittrex and also i have some amount in blockchain but didn't receive bitcoin gold right now. And know 2nd hard fork is on its why so i think this will take a month to make 2 blockchains working normally.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Euro1000

Activity: 209
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:30:44 AM

How is the status on the replay protection for BTG? I saw on github a feature request on this - but is it already implemented?
jezzaust

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:37:34 AM

i have 0.36 btc in my bittrex account when the btg fork happens. anyone know when bittrex will credit those btg to holders?

Quote from bittrex
If you have a Bitcoin (BTC) balance on Bittrex during the BTG ... Bitcoin Gold intends to perform a wallet balance snapshot at Bitcoin block ...
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 12:19:40 PM

How is the status on the replay protection for BTG? I saw on github a feature request on this - but is it already implemented?

So please explain what exactly is replay protection. How does it work and why is it needed with BTG ??
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:31:42 PM

I think Bitcoin Gold will continue dumping until their shitcoin reaches an ATL of $0.001. Only then, will they finally milk the cow they have been fattening for so long and allow others to access their wallets. Getting BTG is useless because it's a shit coin. Period.

I highly doubt it's in their interest to let it dump to zero. I don't think the Gold developers are BTC whales and even if they were, they were unlikely to have all their BTC stored on Bitfinex for the snapshot. They are premining the chain, so they have a big interest in a successful launch.

I think it's much more likely that these guys are just incompetent. Clearly, the lead developer was unable to code replay protection, hence the initial delays. Now the testnet is in production and I think they are taking this time to take the premine. If they haven't launched the mainnet privately yet, that's the next step. It's all very scammy, but don't underestimate their "second mover" advantage in this new era of Bitcoin airdrop forks. Smiley
Euro1000

Activity: 209
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:35:20 PM

Replay Attack: If you execute a transaction on the BTG chain (when this is possible), someone could execute the same transaction on the BTC chain, since all hashes would be the same. He could simple steal your BTC. The same goes the other way around.
A protection on this attack (as implemented for BCH) would be to add a value (just a flag or modifier) in each transaction in order to create different hashes.
BCH already implemented this - but I do not know the status for BTG.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

i don't think exchanges gives them out before mainnet is running with wallets ( hard deadline 8th Nov )

bought some from bitfinex ~$90, rising up nicely  Wink

cheers
Its really a surprise to see that even some people buy this kind of shitcoins which were got freely by just air drop.BTG still does not have any wallet support.I think its only traded in bittrex and yobit as a token.There is no service code publicly released.No miners support since it is said that mining algorithm would be modified so that even GPU systems could be used for mining making decentralization in bitcoin once again.

I would say to better dump it now itself before it gets the value of zero.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bazar111

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:57:06 PM

Despite BTC gold is really a scam coin and everybody it understands , I think BTG can make pump x2-x3 when it will list on Bittrex.  Wink
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:28:01 PM

does anyone know where do i have to keep btc to receive btg*
Wait for to add wallet on bittrex or polo. Next will be add on this type wallet. Bitcoin gold fork will end soon, after nov 14 can be add on bittrex wallet.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:07:39 PM

Quote from bittrex
If you have a Bitcoin (BTC) balance on Bittrex during the BTG ... Bitcoin Gold intends to perform a wallet balance snapshot at Bitcoin block ...

so more disinformation from n00b scammer accounts.

The Snapshot was taken in oct. 25th IIRC.

DO not listen to these N00B Shill accounts people. You best bet is to dump it before the premine gets dumped if your lucky enough to get it on an exchange you have funds on the wallet is not even open source so it could be a trojan and steal all your coins. N00bs are gonna get raped on this scam, don't be one.

Replay Attack: If you execute a transaction on the BTG chain (when this is possible), someone could execute the same transaction on the BTC chain, since all hashes would be the same. He could simple steal your BTC. The same goes the other way around.
A protection on this attack (as implemented for BCH) would be to add a value (just a flag or modifier) in each transaction in order to create different hashes.

It took them 2 weeks or more to figure out how to merge the code when everyone else did it in a day. Complete amateur scammers.

i don't think exchanges gives them out before mainnet is running with wallets ( hard deadline 8th Nov )

cheers
Its really a surprise to see that even some people buy this kind of shitcoins which were got freely by just air drop.BTG still does not have any wallet support.I think its only traded in bittrex and yobit as a token.There is no service code publicly released.No miners support since it is said that mining algorithm would be modified so that even GPU systems could be used for mining making decentralization in bitcoin once again.

QFT

Despite BTC gold is really a scam coin and everybody it understands , I think BTG can make pump x2-x3 when it will list on Bittrex.  Wink

Yeah, after the initial dump there will probably be a pump for another dump and that will be their real replay attack. Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:10:33 PM

New blog post, november 5
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-testnet-participation-launch/
On the last page of "Bitcoin Gold Testnet Participation Manual":
"... the hard deadline (Nov 8 12:00 UTC) ..."
So the main net launch may not happen until wednesday 8/11.

Actually hardcoded in current source ( see github testnet1 ), the actual main-net launch is Nov 8, 0700,

So I beg to ask, why & who needs the 5 hour lead??
bitfools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:14:10 PM

Quote from bittrex

so more disinformation from n00b scammer accounts.

The Snapshot was taken in oct. 25th IIRC.

DO not listen to these N00B Shill accounts people. You best bet is to dump it before the premine gets dumped if your lucky enough to get it on an exchange you have funds on the wallet is not even open source so it could be a trojan and steal all your coins. N00bs are gonna get raped on this scam, don't be one.

It took them 2 weeks or more to figure out how to merge the code when everyone else did it in a day. Complete amateur scammers.

cheers

QFT

Yeah, after the initial dump there will probably be a pump for another dump and that will be their real replay attack. Lol

Amateeeuuuur scammers they are, but they are backed by the RICHEST ASIC monopoly in CHINA, who OWNS +90% of BTC et-al

So when the 80000 LB gorilla in the room say's "SUCK THE BTG COCK"

Well U suck.
TeddyT

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:23:15 PM

Well BTG really is just another ICO with 200k premine coins. not interested. sorry!
ayke99

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:24:35 PM

What’s a testnet?
A testnet is a temporary blockchain used for testing the network. Testnet coins are useless and distinct from real Bitcoin or Bitcoin Gold (they are never supposed to have any real value). A testnet allows application developers and security researchers to perform experiments without having to risk losing real money or worry about breaking the main blockchain. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Testnet.

https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-testnet-participation-launch/
HAARP

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:27:13 PM

I agree with you, the idea of bitcoin gold is really scammy, but the reason why it's valuable on the exchangers is there are some whale pumpers behind it probably. Otherwise, it could go down in flames in 2-3 days.
Mzai620

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:32:45 PM

Blockchain.info may support till last week i was not knowing the functionality of claiming bitcoincash from blockchain.info because I was always using blockchain mobile application last week I opened blockchain websit surprisingly I seen encash bcc for bitcoin I was holding in the time of august fork. Meantime it’s value around 300+ $ per btc. It was too late. Hope this time also blockchain.info support btg if it distribute free currency for holders. Till now I dint get any official guide about that.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:38:47 AM

I've been out of the loop for a while, and didn't understand why the price was for BTG futures, rather than BTG, I'm happy that I get it now.

It sounds like a shame that they pre-mined it, the idea of Bitcoin being ASIC resistant probably isn't something that most people would be against, but someone trying to steal a load of money in the process isn't ever going to be so popular.
I expect that BTG will hang around as a top 50 coin, just because people are invested in it, even without ever buying it.  That puts pressure on exchanges to list it and keeps trade volume up.  I guess I'll dump though.

bitfools

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:52:19 AM

I've been out of the loop for a while, and didn't understand why the price was for BTG futures, rather than BTG, I'm happy that I get it now.

It sounds like a shame that they pre-mined it, the idea of Bitcoin being ASIC resistant probably isn't something that most people would be against, but someone trying to steal a load of money in the process isn't ever going to be so popular.
I expect that BTG will hang around as a top 50 coin, just because people are invested in it, even without ever buying it.  That puts pressure on exchanges to list it and keeps trade volume up.  I guess I'll dump though.

It already exists and it works, its called BITCOIN-Z, it has equihash, zaddress, and 100% software works,

The problem for BTC-Z is that they're not back by rich assholes in CHINA.

BGT (Gold) is backed by CHINA-ASIC a hardware company that hired one of its own ( hw ppl can't write code ), so the entire project is one big FUCK, that said they got a GREATA website and marketing team, and they have the 'bitcoin-core political-people' and exchanges by the balls.

[ chinese asic hw ppl own +51% of BTC so they make the rules, like "suck the BTG cock" ]

Goes to show you  that good working software don't mean shit, that BULLSHIT rules the bitcoin universe.

If I were Jack Liao, I would BUY bitcoin-z, I would take it back to 21 MIL max ( current set to 21 billion ), and I would rebrand it as  bitcoinn-gold, the current BTG is NEVER going to be finished or work because project is being ran & orchestrated by idiots with no experience in C++ or bitcoin core.
Clixus

Activity: 126

Kripto Para Uzmani ve Yatirimcisi

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 11:25:29 AM

When will we take BTG ? Any news abou this ?

Donation : 14VAaVMc2Je7gQcD7Fhtt6X3rd4vaBiPMw
louisMTV

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:38:07 AM

Going get some and complete the BTC family!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: